DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

They should call this thing the Confused Dyslexic Unit.. ;-) The crux of my issue is I can only search for waypoints when the AAP page knob is set to OTHER (all other page knob settings seem to make fields read only, in that I can't get the value from scratch pad into any fields w LSK's). Once I find the waypoint, I'm looking for a simple way to say 'make this my steer point'. You're right, it makes no sense to have to create a custom WP if already in the database. The manual indicates to set the page knob to STEER.. I'll go play around some more..

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

I figured it out. If I want to search for an arbitrary waypoint in the database and set it to be the steer point, the aap Page dial must be on STEER and the steer dial set to MISSION. Once that's done and I find a waypoint (by Id name) I can then press the LSK to make it the current steer point. No cycling necessary.

AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

--------------------------------

Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel I7 4320K, 8GB Crucial Ballistic DDR3 1600 RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 1GB, 120GB Crucial SSD, Dell 24" LCD, TIR-5, Saitek X52 Pro.

It's the fire extinguisher charges button. You pull the yellow handles when alight and switch it either left or right to blow out a fire... you have two charges in total, one left, one right!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You may want to look up "Engine, APU, and Fuel emergencies " around page 583 in the A-10C flight manual for procedural details. :thumbup:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

TMS inop

Following instruction on PGM and when it comes to time to designate the target by holding the TMS up or LCTRL+ UP the target will not be designated . I have a Thustmaster Hotas Warthog. In options I selected the Warthog to be recognized in the game . Everything else seems to work OK?:(

First TMS up short to designate/lock the point/area on the ground the SOI (Sensor of interest) is looking at, then TMS up LONG to make it SPI.

Shagrat

Hello another new guy just getting into flight sims, I was just wondering if there was a place I could go or hook up with other enthusiasts like myself to learn the nuances of this flight sim, any help is much appreciated.

Hello another new guy just getting into flight sims, I was just wondering if there was a place I could go or hook up with other enthusiasts like myself to learn the nuances of this flight sim, any help is much appreciated.

Welcome :)

A good place to start - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34062

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi,

I have a problem with my trim controls. Before I got my new joystic logitech FORCE 3d pro my trim controls were working perfectly fine but then, when I tried to switch it from default controls to hat on the joystick the trim doesnt respond anymore. But even if I put the controls back to the default it still doesnt work. Any solutions how to put it back to work?

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Anyone know if you can use toggle switch to eject?

What device is this? I know that in my X52's programming software I can set key macros on any joy key that can be set to repeat a set number of times.

Should be easy enough with appropriate software to do a Ctrl-E 5 times whenever you press the toggle.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Can I completely remove the depressible pipper from my HUD instead of 'stowing' it down behind the dashboard? (from my seat's height that's possible)

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

No, not as far as I know!

Shagrat

Hi guys, from Russian comunity of DCS.

i have one question.

In flight with negative '-1G', both engine are stop.

i turn off both engines, and try to start left engine, but the engine start cycle stops at ~30% Core RPM.

i tried to 'motor' this engine, than tried to start it with 'ignition', but the result was the same - start cycle stops at 30% Core RPM.

Why?

PC: i9-10850K ~5.2GHz / Asus Rog Strix H490 Gaming, Asus GTX1080 Rog Strix Gaming OC, HyperX Fury RGB 32Gb RAM 3200MHz, SSD 512Gb, HDD 1Tb, Windows 10 x64. 2 x Samsung Curved 32" 

VirpilControls software engineer

Hi guys, from Russian comunity of DCS.

i have one question.

In flight with negative '-1G', both engine are stop.

i turn off both engines, and try to start left engine, but the engine start cycle stops at ~30% Core RPM.

i tried to 'motor' this engine, than tried to start it with 'ignition', but the result was the same - start cycle stops at 30% Core RPM.

Why?

Did you start the APU first?