DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I bought the A10C and I'm excited. Its working flawlessly in v 1.2+ but it does not show up in v1.5. I purchased it specifically tp utilise the aircraft with the A10C specific campaign which requires v1.5. So...it's in v1.2... how do I install it into v1.5? I think the penny just dropped. Do I have to buy the campaign and install it. Then v1.5 will recognise the aircraft. Yeah? Please Jesus, Yeah?

Jon

Edited by jonss

After you log in to 1.5, go to the Module Manager (9-square icon top left) and go to the A-10C. It should read "Install" on the Button instead of "Buy".

If not report back, here.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have bought the Enemy Within for the A10C. It told me to install DSC World 1.5 which I have now done. My other modules are installed in DSC World 1.5 but the A10C is not.

I bought the A10C and I'm excited. Its working flawlessly in v 1.2+ but it does not show up in v1.5.

When you fire up DCS World 1.5, is it successfully logging into your account? You should see your username at the top of the screen, just to the right of the Module Manager / Options / Exit buttons.

If not, that's probably the first thing you'll want to try to fix.

If you are logged in to your account, what happens if you enter the Module Manager from the main menu? Does the A-10C show up under your list of "Installed" modules, or under the list of "Modules"? If it is "Installed" - does it have a tick next to it?

The above is in reference to my system - but if you're using a Steam version of DCS World things might work a bit different and it might not need to log in to a DCS account for your modules to be available.

Either way: you should not need to re-purchase the A-10C, and you don't need to buy any DLC campaign in order for the A-10C to be available in your installation.

The mission file contains a lot of folders that override most of the settings that were made in the Mission Editor. This goes so far that reloading the DSMS mid-flight doesn't even update the loadout correctly.

I've seen this on a number of missions. I believe the most common cause is when someone uses the "Prepare mission" feature, but there were also cases where the mission creators said they never used it on that mission.

Whatever the reason, the solution is quite simple. .miz files are simply Zip-archives and can be opened with any tool that can handle Zip files, like the Windows Explorer, WinZip etcetera. Just open the mission with one of them, delete all the folders, and the problems vanish into thin air. :thumbup:

(On a self-complementary note, that is exactly what I thought was going to be the cause. Or, to quote Mal Reynolds: "It's a real burden being right so often." :D)

Thank you, Yurgon, for your help in solving my problem with the mission editor. You were right: The problem was due to those extra folders in the .miz file. (I totally forgot that the .miz files were just zip files.) In fact, I found that just by deleting the DSMS folder, the program took the new DSMS settings. The fact that this occurs at all appears to be a bug.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

In fact, I found that just by deleting the DSMS folder, the program took the new DSMS settings. The fact that this occurs at all appears to be a bug.

Yeah, sounds like it. I don't know why this sometimes happens, but it's annoying as hell when you do everything right in the ME and later in the cockpit, and DCS just seems to mock you.

Glad I could help. :)

When you fire up DCS World 1.5, is it successfully logging into your account? You should see your username at the top of the screen, just to the right of the Module Manager / Options / Exit buttons.

If you are logged in to your account, what happens if you enter the Module Manager from the main menu? Does the A-10C show up under your list of "Installed" modules, or under the list of "Modules"? If it is "Installed" - does it have a tick next to it?

The above is in reference to my system - but if you're using a Steam version of DCS World things might work a bit different and it might not need to log in to a DCS account for your modules to be available.

Either way: you should not need to re-purchase the A-10C, and you don't need to buy any DLC campaign in order for the A-10C to be available in your installation.

Thanks for your reply. I have the stand alone game not Steam.

All my other purchased modules are safely installed on DSC 1.5.

I am signed into my account when DSC launches.

In the modules tab the A10C isn't even showing up and in the Installed tab all my purchased games are present but no sign of A10C

I do still have DSC World 1.2 installed. Should I remove that? Or uninstall all of them and just re-install 1.5?

Thanks for your reply. I have the stand alone game not Steam.

All my other purchased modules are safely installed on DSC 1.5.

I am signed into my account when DSC launches.

In the modules tab the A10C isn't even showing up and in the Installed tab all my purchased games are present but no sign of A10C

I do still have DSC World 1.2 installed. Should I remove that? Or uninstall all of them and just re-install 1.5?

1.5 shouldn't have anything to do with 1.2.

I'd recommend to run a repair of 1.5 and if it doesn't helo, to uninstall it completely and reinstall again. Hope this works!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

1.5 shouldn't have anything to do with 1.2.

I'd recommend to run a repair of 1.5 and if it doesn't helo, to uninstall it completely and reinstall again. Hope this works!

Great news guys and thank you for your help. I uninstalled everything and then just installed DSC World 1.5 and then updated that to 1.52 and now everything has appeared including the A10C.

My other modules are installed in DSC World 1.5 but the A10C is not.

I bought the A10C and I'm excited. Its working flawlessly in v 1.2+ but it does not show up in v1.5.

Not sure if it's related, but in the 2.0 OpenAlpha, several people lost all installed modules:

I lost all activateds modules after last Update 19/12/15

In that case, as it turned out (at least in my case), the "lost" modules could simply be installed via the module manager and everything was okay again.

In any case, guys, do not by the A-10C again, your license covers all of 1.2, 1.5 and 2.0. If it doesn't show up, it's a problem with DCS, and I'm sure there's a solution right around the corner. :thumbup:

Edit:

Great news guys and thank you for your help. I uninstalled everything and then just installed DSC World 1.5 and then updated that to 1.52 and now everything has appeared including the A10C.

Great news! ;)

Thank you. A10C is now installed in v1.5 and I'm slowly understanding all the idiosynchracies of DCS. I purchased the A10C Campaign and the download has been running since 4.00am. 15 gb of a 25 gb download completed (torrent) Estonia has better internet than Australia.

Jon

Thank you. A10C is now installed in v1.5 and I'm slowly understanding all the idiosynchracies of DCS. I purchased the A10C Campaign and the download has been running since 4.00am. 15 gb of a 25 gb download completed (torrent) Estonia has better internet than Australia.

Jon

A 25gb campaign? What is it?

A 25gb campaign? What is it?

It's the A10C Campaingn (Enemy Within) or it could be NTTR because I have a failed download and a support ticket with that. The unkindest cut of all is it has taken from 4.00 am until now,18.30 to complete the download, it has stopped accessing the torrent and I have an updater window (DCS Updater 2.6.11.47) and it's reading 24747.2 of 24748.3 MBytes completed...and it has stopped. You think I'm impressed?

Jon

TEW is much smaller, around 100mb (at least the sheer files, don't know about the installer), so my guess is Nevada. For the campaign you need only Caucasus which comes with 1.5, but if you are only starting to learn A-10C now I suggest you take some time to learn the basics - TEW can be difficult at times!

And bad luck with the installer, hate when this kind of things happen :(

TEW is much smaller, around 100mb (at least the sheer files, don't know about the installer), so my guess is Nevada. For the campaign you need only Caucasus which comes with 1.5, but if you are only starting to learn A-10C now I suggest you take some time to learn the basics - TEW can be difficult at times!

And bad luck with the installer, hate when this kind of things happen :(

...but there's more. It turned out to be NTTR: Which has installed itself into v2.0 as FC3. No sign of the TEW download. I think it might be a bug or a corrupt download so I'll make a report. I'm not in a panic as I'm used to doing battle with FSX, P3D v1.4 and v 3.0 so it's to be expected there will be flaws exposed in an open alpha release. I'll bet it will improve exponentially over time. Now to find out what happened to my TEW download link.

Jon

I know it all is quite confusing, so here's a brief rundown of the situation with DCS:

Currently there are three different modules: 1.2 (with Caucasus map), 1.5 beta (with Caucasus map) and 2.0 alpha (with NTTR but without Caucasus). When you install each of them they will add their own DCS install folder on your drive, but they will also add their own launch icons into the DCS start menu, and you will end with a set of exactly the same icons for running the game.

If you launch NTTR that means that you are at 2.0 and it won't see TEW campaign, which won't work there, as there is no South Caucasus map.

So make sure you find the 1.5 launcher and use it to start the game (perhaps put it on your desktop for easier find later on). Make sure to log in there with your DCS username / password and in module manager you should be able to see TEW. You will also be able to launch it in this version of the game.

If you go to Disk/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics folder you will see that there are separate installs. If in doubt, open the folder DCSWorld OpenBeta and launch the game from there - that will be 1.5. Let us know if that helps!

I know it all is quite confusing, so here's a brief rundown of the situation with DCS:

Currently there are three different modules: 1.2 (with Caucasus map), 1.5 beta (with Caucasus map) and 2.0 alpha (with NTTR but without Caucasus). When you install each of them they will add their own DCS install folder on your drive, but they will also add their own launch icons into the DCS start menu, and you will end with a set of exactly the same icons for running the game.

If you launch NTTR that means that you are at 2.0 and it won't see TEW campaign, which won't work there, as there is no South Caucasus map.

So make sure you find the 1.5 launcher and use it to start the game (perhaps put it on your desktop for easier find later on). Make sure to log in there with your DCS username / password and in module manager you should be able to see TEW. You will also be able to launch it in this version of the game.

If you go to Disk/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics folder you will see that there are separate installs. If in doubt, open the folder DCSWorld OpenBeta and launch the game from there - that will be 1.5. Let us know if that helps!

Everything is present and correct. Now all I have to do is learn to fly the A10C. Thank you for your help. You might be able to shed light on another v 1.5 question: I have FC3 for v 1.2 but it prompts me to 'buy' FC3 for v 1.5. Is this an upgraded version considering the new graphics engine?

Jon

Everything is present and correct. Now all I have to do is learn to fly the A10C. Thank you for your help. You might be able to shed light on another v 1.5 question: I have FC3 for v 1.2 but it prompts me to 'buy' FC3 for v 1.5. Is this an upgraded version considering the new graphics engine?

Jon

No, the modules in NON-Steam version are handled through the Module Manager and your account that is linked to EDs database.

If you have FC3 in 1.2 installed and activated(!) it should be authorized on your PC (no activation required) and when you go to the Module Manager it should prompt to install FC3.

Actually it will copy most files from 1.2 into 1.5/2.0 and just update what has changed from zhe ED servers.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Chaff/Flares key commands

Hi guys, what are the chaff and flares key commands?

Thanks

Will

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.

HOTAS section CMS Up (Start program) CMS Down (Stop Program) and CMS Left/Right switch Programs.

CMS Press (ECM on/off)

Shagrat

HOTAS section CMS Up (Start program) CMS Down (Stop Program) and CMS Left/Right switch Programs.

CMS Press (ECM on/off)

Im sorry the terms and names you are using are not coincident with the button setup. Can you look in the program and see what the CMSC Commands actually are and relate them to their buttons?

Thank you. I really appreciatte all of the help.

I see CMSC JMR on/Off is the push button of the CMSC switch. Is that ECM you are referring to?

Will

i9-9900K 3.6(Running at 5.0 GHZ) 32GB Memory

2x M.2 drives

Win 10 64bit

RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

OCULUS RIFT CV1

VKB Gunfighter 2 extended/TM Pedals/TM Warthog throttles.