DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

@ baltic_dragon, I believe it was one of 'Threshor's_Missions'; a day range predator JTAC. It was a basic training mission and the last time I flew it I sat checked out my ride, depressed the brake and whack the throttle. When I got to the correct waypoint I called for JTAC and he responded.

Did that again just now and he responded after several calls, then it took 2-3 attempts for a 9 Line, More Info and a DataLink message. Are they that busy :)?

I'm sure this miossion is several years old but it worked perfectly before. I would be very happy if you recommend one that isn't too involved and complicated as I'm relatively new to this and getting my feet wet again.

Thanks for the response.

I did some testing with A(FAC) functioning and it seems to be broken. I had exactly the same experience as you, with getting Predator to respond almost impossible. When I placed him in a newly created mission, it worked fine (apart from the marking targets, which still was and is no go). So I guess the mission just didn't pass the test of time.

As for basic training missions, or easy ones for that matter, but still very fun, I recommend "Operation Save Badger" - it is an excellent short campaign. Or if you want just to practice, it is very easy to create something in the Mission Editor, PM me if you need some advice on that.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

In the Enemy Within Campain from Baltic Dragon Mission 10 (not mission 9) features Wags himself chatting with the pilot and hinting that the A10C may get a helmet mounted sight when they A10s are relocated to Nevada or Straight of Hormuz. It is probably not far away! :)

Edited by TomCatMucDe
Corrected the mission number 10 not 9
  • Like 2

In the Enemy Within Campain from Baltic Dragon Mission 9 features Wags himself chatting with the pilot and hinting that the A10C may get a helmet mounted sight when they A10s are relocated to Nevada or Straight of Hormuz. It is probably not far away! :)

Really? I haven't reached mission 9 yet, but if there is some truth in that it would be a really nice easter egg! :D

Anyways, good find :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In the Enemy Within Campain from Baltic Dragon Mission 9 features Wags himself chatting with the pilot and hinting that the A10C may get a helmet mounted sight when they A10s are relocated to Nevada or Straight of Hormuz. It is probably not far away! :)

+1 for spotting that, I was wondering when one would :thumbup:

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

HMCS without the additional suite 7 items is a no go for me, suite 3 didn't have HMCS which the A-10C in DCS world is modeled after.

Now, if they upgraded to suite 7 with HMCS I would gladly pay $100 for the upgrade! As well as assist in the development, unfortunately I don't see that happening.

HMCS without the additional suite 7 items is a no go for me, suite 3 didn't have HMCS which the A-10C in DCS world is modeled after.

Now, if they upgraded to suite 7 with HMCS I would gladly pay $100 for the upgrade! As well as assist in the development, unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Indeed they were talking about a suit upgrade not just the HMCS.

Buy the campaign if you didn't yet and play it you will hear it. You wouldn't regret it. Even if you played the free version before I discovered a lot of new missions!

Indeed they were talking about a suit upgrade not just the HMCS.

Buy the campaign if you didn't yet and play it you will hear it. You wouldn't regret it. Even if you played the free version before I discovered a lot of new missions!

It would be a major upgrade, lots of changes between suite 3 and 7. As a matter of fact suite 9 just received funding.

Thanks Snoopy. If we got half of those upgrades it would like getting a completely new plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

For those who doesnt own the campaign, and they should, here is a video link featuring the discussion with Wags, minute 4:08 . It may be a spoiler for those who didn't get there yet.

https://youtu.be/51_0foovRWs?t=248

That's brilliant :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

For those who doesnt own the campaign, and they should, here is a video link featuring the discussion with Wags, minute 4:08 . It may be a spoiler for those who didn't get there yet.

https://youtu.be/51_0foovRWs?t=248

"Scorpion targeting pod" no such thing. Scorpion is the name of the HMCS not the TGP. Also not sure what he means by "new alq" we didn't get new ECM pods either, we have the same pod we've carried for years.

And in case we do get such an enormous "update" (it's really like a new aircraft), it will be awesome if the they as well fix the hydraulic immortality in the update.

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Haha I LOL'd hard with this one.

Lol I'm glad you liked my humor, sometimes you have to try to explain things with greater precision when English isn't your first language xD

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

In the Enemy Within Campain from Baltic Dragon Mission 10 (not mission 9) features Wags himself chatting with the pilot and hinting that the A10C may get a helmet mounted sight when they A10s are relocated to Nevada or Straight of Hormuz. It is probably not far away! :)

can you give the link to it?when did Wags said it?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]