DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Thanks Shagrat.Good idea about setting correct heading in HSI.I wonder if this is fixable by ED?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Its important to set the correct runway direction. Based on that it guesses which runway you are using i.e. in what direction you want to land.

If you want to land in direction 180° but your HSI is set on 0°, it wants you to fly a turn and shows strange readings if you approach from the wrong side.

You need to do this even if the runway has 2 different ILS signal frequencies (for both sides) because your airplane does not know which frequency belongs to which side. Maybe you even want the signal from the one station but land from the other direction, who knows. The system lets you choose by setting the direction manually.

I've done some experimenting with the CDU alignment time.

I've tried taking off when the TAD comes up, well before getting the flashing "NAV RDY". Didn't notice any problems, although my EAC switch wouldn't stay up for a few minutes IIRC.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I've done some experimenting with the CDU alignment time.

I've tried taking off when the TAD comes up, well before getting the flashing "NAV RDY". Didn't notice any problems, although my EAC switch wouldn't stay up for a few minutes IIRC.

Try dropping GBU-38s. ;)

... also you should be missing the TVV (the little circle with the three lines, that shows where you're actually flying).

As your IFFCC doesn't have position info the DTS database can't give you a corrected gun or bomb pipper, either.

You are basically down to fight the plane with eyeballs Mk 1 and good guesses. :)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Oh. Probably shouldn't do that again :lol:

Two more:

Occasionally my Mavs will display "align" for more than 3 minutes. Once I switched to them and found they had been aligning for 17 minutes. Any idea what causes that? Am I starting them too early?

Sometimes when rolling in on a target, I'll mess up and pass the TGP through boresight and cause it to lose lock. Sometimes the TGP will go straight back to the target, sometimes not. Is there a way to make it slew back to the target every time?

Yeah, EGI alignment is one of those "you don't HAVE to, but you REALLY want to."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh. Probably shouldn't do that again :lol:

Sometimes when rolling in on a target, I'll mess up and pass the TGP through boresight and cause it to lose lock. Sometimes the TGP will go straight back to the target, sometimes not. Is there a way to make it slew back to the target every time?

Probably you where in Point or Area track mode, not sticking to a waypoint or markpoint. It sometimes happens that the TGP, when loosing LOS, tries to find the point it was looking before. There now may be a mountain in front of the old target. It then thinks that it was looking there before and sticks to the new point.

You can prevent such stuff by using the laser while creating the SPI and engaging tracking mode (after that, deactivate it again). Then the TGP also has range information and probably will not re-engage on a mountain which is nearer to you.

But what is more safe is to use waypoints or especially markpoints. Create a markpoint on your target or the target area and then slew your TGP on the markpoint. It will now stay on the markpoint no matter what, since the coordinates are saved in the database.

You'll then find yourself often switching between markpoint and waypoint mode on the CDU Panel. You can shortcut that by using the UFC (Fnc + 7/8/9) or directly bind a key to that action (what I did).

IqklorX.jpg

Edited by Zabuza

The CDU is a blessing and a curse because of its complexity...

Unrelated: I've heard quite a few people talk of a mod that makes the TGP display full color when the boat switch is centered, which is accurate for later models of the A-10C. I looked on Google and the forums but can't find anything.

Thanks Hans!

How exactly do you use the external tanks? I tried turning on the external boost pumps but my internal fuel continued to deplete.

I just turn on EXT TKS for WING or FUS.

And does that allow fuel to transfer from the bag to the internal tanks? Or does it feed directly into the engines?

Thanks!

Another thing:

I turned off the helmet-like sound in the options, I love how you can hear all of the switches and the whine of the engines... but there's this horrible screaming/whining coming from the panel as long as the electronics are turned on. Any way to get rid of it without going back to helmet sound?

...but there's this horrible screaming/whining coming from the panel as long as the electronics are turned on. Any way to get rid of it without going back to helmet sound?

That would most likely be the DC power system (battery and inverter), and if so that would be working as intended.

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Training Missions Won't Advance

I've been trying to get all of this to work for awhile now, and I seem to finally get all of my controllers working and wanted to go through all of the A-10C training missions. Got through the first 2, and then started the Start-Up lesson. Got the instructor speech, and then the "Press the Space Bar key to Continue" prompt.

The space bar doesn't work. Worked with no problems for the first 2 lessons, but this time, pressing the space bar does nothing. I tried moving around the cockpit and using some of the switches and buttons, and the mouse cursor works fine. So the sim is working. I went back and loaded the HUD lesson, and the space bar works fine there. Tried running the Repair and it didn't help.

Any idea how to fix this? I'd like to go through all of these training sessions if possible.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

There are times when mission triggers plain don't register. I had the same problem in the A-10C Cold Start mission and the Mi-8MTV2 when instructed to reset the radar altimeter warning. Just try again. I know it sucks, but at least you'll get repetitions out of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are times when mission triggers plain don't register. I had the same problem in the A-10C Cold Start mission and the Mi-8MTV2 when instructed to reset the radar altimeter warning. Just try again. I know it sucks, but at least you'll get repetitions out of it.

Well, I have repeatedly pressed the Spacebar, to no avail. Maybe related, but when I start any of the Training missions, the mission opens paused. I have to hit Escape to pull up the menu, and then hit Resume before the mission will start. In any event, the Spacebar works for the first couple. I will try the Trigger and see what happens. Not at the sim right now, so I'll try later and report back.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

Check if in key bindings you have space bar assigned to firing your gun. Or press gun trigger on your HOTAS and see if that helps!

Well, while I didn't yet check to see if the space bar was bound to anything else, I do know that it worked for the first two lessons. And, lo & behold, when I started up the lesson in question, and squeezed the trigger, the lesson did continue. So I know now that the trigger will work.

Next time I start things up, I'll check on the bindings to see if the space bar is assigned to anything, and let you know.

Thanks!

-= Gary =-

Hi and sorry for my english

I bought some Modules and Terrains like Nevada and A-10C Warthog and A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign and FC3 ....

But

I have to install DCS world 1.5 for install A-10C Basic Flight and I have too Install DCS world 2 for Nevada and other Modules

in DCS world 2 i can,t see some of Modules training and Mission For FC3 and A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign but i can see F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

And

in DCS world 1.5 I can see A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign and i cant see F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

So i have too occupy 72 Gig of my Hard Disk and all the time exit the sim go to other DCS world 1.5 OR 2

plz give me a solution my friend and thanks every body

This is correct shahin_sky. The A-10C BMT is in Georgia and Red Flag is an exercise run out of Nellis AFB, Nevada. Right now you have to install 1.5 and 2.0 to play both. They will be merged in the future, but there is no date for when this happens yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no solution yet. The Red Flag campaigns require Nevada terrain which is only available in 2.0, while the older training campaigns and missions happen in Georgia which is only available in 1.5.

Solution: Switch between 1.5 and 2.0 until DCSW 2.5 is released which will bring everything together.

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the last live stream Matt Wagner already had the "Caucasus" map Icon in his build and stated, their guys concentrate on the Caucasus map for overhaul, so I assume (personal oppinion) the actual merging has pretty much progressed, already.

Ironing out bugs, and enhancing Caucasus may take a bit, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)