DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

In the last live stream Matt Wagner already had the "Caucasus" map Icon in his build...

Sweet!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the IRL experts: if a Warthog is grounded for a few days (due to maintenance or simply no scheduled flights), are all the stores removed or are they kept on the pylons?

I suppose any ammunition would be removed and stored, but what about TGPs and ECM pods? Are there different rules depending on training/normal deployement or actual combat deployement as well?

Thanks!

Snoopy will be able to give a definitive A-10 specific answer, but.

Generally for anything beyond a basic before/after flight turnaround service you'll need to dearm any aircraft. For pods and tanks it'll depend on what maintenance you're doing, you'll keep things on if you can. If you need access then thing will come off. If a jet is gong into maintenance (servicing) then normally everything comes off.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

A question for the IRL experts: if a Warthog is grounded for a few days (due to maintenance or simply no scheduled flights), are all the stores removed or are they kept on the pylons?

I suppose any ammunition would be removed and stored, but what about TGPs and ECM pods? Are there different rules depending on training/normal deployement or actual combat deployement as well?

Thanks!

It is completely dependent on what maintenance and follow-on is required. For most maintenance you don't remove anything. The aim or cap-9 is disconnected if you have to run the APU or apply external power but that's it.

If internal fuel cell maintenance is done all munitions, 30mm, chaff, and flare are removed as well as the LOX converter and battery.

When we have to jack the entire aicraft, as long as the aircraft is under the maximum weight for jacking, you don't have to download live munitions either.

These are just a couple of examples and are not in any way all encompassing.

As to different rules between training and combat, on paper no. We have the same operating instructions and tech order guidance for both situations.

• 3 weeks later...

New bait here,

I was wondering something. When purchasing DCS: A-10C Warthog from the E-Shop, do you get the DVD or a digital download?

It's confusing because there's something mentioned about a digital download but i also see an image with the A-10C Warthog PC DVD-ROM boxart/cover.

Thanks.

• Like 1

You will get a digital copy
Ouch, that hurts =( I've always went digital because of storage issues but sometimes i prefer the physical 'thing'.

The problem is that i'm only able to find Polish boxart/DVD's on eBay (game is in English though).

Amazon is completely out of the question for me since they ask your soul for it (cost-wise) when shipping it to the Netherlands (or Europe in general).

So DCS E-Shop was my last hope. I could've known it to be digital cause of "E"-Shop.

fake-edit: I actually found a physical copy but it goes for € 40 (probably ~ $ 44), incl. VAT but ex. shipping.

Either way, thanks for letting me know! ;-)

EDIT: And welcome to the forums! :)

Though i'm not sure if i'll post often, I is a very busy man :D ~> :(

Edited by copyitright

A DVD would be useless for installing regardless, you can use theLicense to download the latest version, but the Disc Version is 1.1.1.x and not compatible with DCSWorld.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm not even sure a physical copy would activate anymore.

The Key that comes with the box is valid.

Though you need to register it on the DCS Website and download the A-10C through module manager after installing DCS World 1.5.x

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A DVD would be useless for installing regardless, you can use theLicense to download the latest version, but the Disc Version is 1.1.1.x and not compatible with DCSWorld.

So activating would still work, just not the game itself.

The main reason i want a physical copy is for collecting purposes, but i guess the manual itself would be a disgrace as it only counts 24 pages or so (or i've heard).

Are there any editions that come with a big(ger) manual? Or is this something that is sold seperately?

The Key that comes with the box is valid.

Though you need to register it on the DCS Website and download the A-10C through module manager after installing DCS World 1.5.x

i didn't see your post at first, but thanks for the extra information :-)

Edited by copyitright

So activating would still work, just not the game itself.

The game should actually work, but the one that's sold on DVD is a terribly outdated version. You could only fly online with someone that has the same version installed (i.e. nobody :D), and you'd be missing out on a huge load of features that were implemented since (and a few bugs for free on top of everything :lol:).

The main reason i want a physical copy is for collecting purposes, but i guess the manual itself would be a disgrace as it only counts 24 pages or so (or i've heard).

Are there any editions that come with a big(ger) manual? Or is this something that is sold seperately?

If it's for collecting purposes, I'd get the download version of the A-10C during the next sale for a nice reduction directly from ED. Sales happen quite often and you're likely to find a 20% or 30% discount. And then for collecting a hard copy, just keep your eyes open and try to get one that's really cheap. If time isn't of the essence, that should be doable.

You could even give your one of the keys to another member. Just be aware that you're not allowed to sell keys via this forum, but it would be perfectly legal to chat things up via email or on another forum.

I'm not aware of an official source for the printed manual; I think someone once offered it, but I don't know if that's still around. You could print it yourself using some Internet printing service, but it's likely to cost around 50+ Euros because of the amount of pages, depending on the options (type of binding, color or black/white, smaller pages etc).

• Like 1

You can just go ahead and buy the boxed version, download the newest version of the game from the website, activate it with the box key and put the box on the shelf :thumbup:

PS: I'm also an owner of the boxed DCS A-10C (german version) :)

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

>snip<
Thanks/danke for the useful information :-)

You can just go ahead and buy the boxed version, download the newest version of the game from the website, activate it with the box key and put the box on the shelf :thumbup:

PS: I'm also an owner of the boxed DCS A-10C (german version) :)

I'll see what i can do. Danke! :-)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had A10c for several years. This will sound funny to you, but I've never been able to start the engines. I've tried several times a year to get the throttles to move, either using the keyboard commands or a CH set up. I have no joy on the CH map that I downloaded, but that's another topic. I've checked the designated key command for moving the throttles to Idle from stop, which also presses the ignition button. The button moves, the throttle does not, so here I sit on the runway, having become an expert on turning the electronics on. I've also tried the cheat Rt. Win Home and it does nothing. Can you recommend a solution? Thanks

Meshak

So to be sure, you have the APU running, the battery and inverter on, and any throttle device you own all the way at zero. Then you push right alt-home and the throttle should move forward and inch (on screen). Boost pumps on, wait for engine to spool up and start the generator- the press right cntrl-home and get the right one going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Button smashes sounds are off?

I remember old times in the standalone A10-C the sound of every key press or switch, now there isn't sound... Is there a way/mod to re-enabl'em??

It's kinda boring with no sound....

Who cares...

Button smashes sounds are off?

I remember old times in the standalone A10-C the sound of every key press or switch, now there isn't sound... Is there a way/mod to re-enabl'em??

It's kinda boring with no sound....

Make sure helmet sound is off in the sound options.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

So to be sure, you have the APU running, the battery and inverter on, and any throttle device you own all the way at zero. Then you push right alt-home and the throttle should move forward and inch (on screen). Boost pumps on, wait for engine to spool up and start the generator- the press right cntrl-home and get the right one going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The in-cockpit throttle should move from off to idle regardless of a running apu or oher systems. I think it's the throttle-stick-not-at-0-position problem I had myself not long ago. I checked in windows and saw that the axis was not calibrated correctly, so when the throttle was at 0, there was some amount of input shown. Had to unistall the drivers and reinstall them to solve this (X-52 Pro)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

The in-cockpit throttle should move from off to idle regardless of a running apu or oher systems. I think it's the throttle-stick-not-at-0-position problem I had myself not long ago. I checked in windows and saw that the axis was not calibrated correctly, so when the throttle was at 0, there was some amount of input shown. Had to unistall the drivers and reinstall them to solve this (X-52 Pro)

Worked !! Thank you!

Who cares...

Normally, I create a profile using TARGET and have to do nothing with the throttle and it response in every module but the throttle does not response when run the A-10C. How can I solve it?

The A-10C has a matching control setup predefined in DCS.

Try not to start Target and use the original default setup in DCS.

One thing that usually messes up Axis is that “Throttle“ defaults to the slider-1 whereas the Throttles are the two Rx-Axis.

The HOTAS Warthog works out-of-the-box with DCS if you don't mess with TARGET.

Only thing you need to adjust is the trim-hat which defaults to head view movement, rather than the real life trim. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)