DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Normally, I create a profile using TARGET and have to do nothing with the throttle and it response in every module but the throttle does not response when run the A-10C. How can I solve it?

The A-10C has a matching control setup predefined in DCS.

Try not to start Target and use the original default setup in DCS.

One thing that usually messes up Axis is that “Throttle“ defaults to the slider-1 whereas the Throttles are the two Rx-Axis.

The HOTAS Warthog works out-of-the-box with DCS if you don't mess with TARGET.

Only thing you need to adjust is the trim-hat which defaults to head view movement, rather than the real life trim. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Many thanks for the advice. Now I can make the throttle work properly and the problem occur because I didn't assign in the option->control->axis command what button on TM Warthog to use as throttle. I thought that when run TARGET it will take over in all DCS control but that is misunderstand, TARGET control only the buttons assign in it.

Question on ripple deliverys....if I ripple off three bombs with say a 75 ft spread, the CCIP/CCRP will be on the center bomb, correct? Or is it the first bomb? What about two bombs? Will they hit on either side of the CCIP pipper?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Question on ripple deliverys....if I ripple off three bombs with say a 75 ft spread, the CCIP/CCRP will be on the center bomb, correct? Or is it the first bomb? What about two bombs? Will they hit on either side of the CCIP pipper?

The ripple starts from the first bomb, and goes away from the aircraft. So you put the pipper on the first vehicle closest to you.

In pairs mode, the bombs hit either side of the pipper.

The ripple starts from the first bomb, and goes away from the aircraft. So you put the pipper on the first vehicle closest to you.

In pairs mode, the bombs hit either side of the pipper.

I think in the A-10C the pipper shows the center of the bomb ripple, unlike in some other aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The pipper represents the centre of any release string, most aircraft are the same. After all the mean impact point is what matters, not the impact of the first weapon in a string.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

CDU Question:

What's the easiest way to get an airfield on my HUD other than divert mode? Sometimes the destination is too far away to appear on the divert list, unless there's a way to flip to the next page?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Divert shows airfields near you. If you know the name of the airfield, say “KOPITNARI“ just enter the first three letters into the CDU (KOP) and hit LSK 3.

It is shown in the Navigation Training mission, by the way... :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...

Today my HUD gone crazy, it moved to the left and I have no solution how to re center it. It starts in center position, once I move head (track IR 5) to the left I stays on the left from center. It is happening on The Enemy Within Campaign I haven't check on multiplayer yet.

Anybody noticed that too? any solution. Please help.

14ucqrp.jpg

20awdwh.jpg

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

Today my HUD gone crazy, it moved to the left and I have no solution how to re center it. It starts in center position, once I move head (track IR 5) to the left I stays on the left from center. It is happening on The Enemy Within Campaign I haven't check on multiplayer yet.

Looks like wind, actually.

In a crosswind, the HUD ladder gets shifted left or right in order to show you how strong the crosswind is. The Enemy Within has wind in almost all missions, so depending on your flight path, you might be in or out of crosswind.

Next time this happens, just fly a 90° turn and check if the HUD is still offset. Then turn another 90° and check if the HUD is now offset to the other side. If so, it's a typical and intended behavior.

As for The Enemy Within... please tell me the first screenshot is not from a mission you've flown in that campaign. Are you trying to win the fight all on your own? 4*TER + 2*LAU117 with 3 weapons each... holy drag index Batman! :D

It technically does, the pitch ladder moves as well because it's locked to the FPM.

Pitch ladder, that's the term I was looking for! :thumbup:

Since I had a hunch someone was about to snipe me, I didn't look it up, though, and somewhat non-spot-only called it "HUD ladder" instead (and managed to beat BD by no more than a minute). ;)

Thank You all. It was actually crosswind, sorry for bothering You. I load out everything I can cause I'm trying to pass that ridicules "hammerfall" night mission. My forces getting ambush despite I kill most of them and nothing happens later. Ones it happen when someone escape from that castell but I was out of any ammo. ehhh. If I could I would take additional grenades to my cockpit than open canopy and throw some :P

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC 4.0)|32GB RAM 2400|Nvidia 1080 OC|ASUS X370 PRO|EVGA 750|SSD SAMSUNG 500MB|4T GB HDD|Thrustmaster Hotas X|32" 1080p|Track IR 5|Win10 x64|

Thank You all. It was actually crosswind, sorry for bothering You. I load out everything I can cause I'm trying to pass that ridicules "hammerfall" night mission. My forces getting ambush despite I kill most of them and nothing happens later. Ones it happen when someone escape from that castell but I was out of any ammo. ehhh. If I could I would take additional grenades to my cockpit than open canopy and throw some :P

No worries, that pitch ladder behavior has fooled many players already. ;)

That mission, is that the attack on a mosque with a friendly convoy approaching?

You should have more than enough ammo if you can get your wingman to help you out.

On a good day (or night), I look at a target in the TGP, make sure TGP is SPI generator (TMS up long with TGP as SOI), and then order the wingman to "Engage with... air defenses... with Maverick... from default", and then he might actually do as he's told. If all else fails, "Engage ground targets" often works, though in that case the wingman might attack the wrong targets first.

As long as your weapons don't miss, I think you even have enough to destroy all mission critical targets with the default loadout. Use guided bombs against infantry, including MANPADs, and Mavericks against vehicles (later on there's an optional objective to kill some escaping trucks) and anti aircraft guns.

If your aim is good, you could even engage Zu-23 with the gun. Just fire at long range and make sure to perform a safe escape maneuver until you're out of the target's range, in case he's not dead or has some buddies who want to avenge him. ;)

Anyway, before we drift further off-topic, if you have more questions about/problems with the campaign, check out the Enemy Within sub-forum.

Can I use GBU12 instead GBU38 on bunkers ? I have poor visibility and bunkers to deal with...

Edited by MAS

Can I use GBU12 instead GBU38 on bunkers ? I have poor visibility and bunkers to deal with...

If visibility is poor, wouldn't the GPS guided GBU-38 provide more reliable results? The GBU-12 requires terminal guidance by your (or someone else's) laser, so if you can't see the target that well, the GBU-38 should be the weapon of choice, especially against stationary targets like bunkers.

Anyway, I don't think the type of weapon is really limited, so if you feel more comfortable with a certain type, just load it before takeoff, you should be good either way.

what would you take to destroy bunkers at night (early morning) in the rain and low based clouds?