DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Is there a way to make the thrustmaster Warthog Slew button (right throttle second button) act as the left button on the mouse so that after you activate the mic button you can activate the comm menu selection "F" command, within the keybind menu so that the mouse does not have to be used?

Weaklink, I don't know about that. But you could try Voice Attack. It's essentially a voice recognition software that will do whatever keystroke you tell it to when you say it. Even with the free version you can do all the "F" keys and easily control the radio by simply saying "F1..... F5..... F2" you can also control your views with the same profile. I have it set on a spare mic transmit switch so its only "listening" while i'm pressing the button. I really enjoy coming up behind the tanker and simply saying "Ready Pre-Contact" and it does the radio menu for me rather then having to take the hand off the stick and futz with the mouse.

Anyway give it a try!

https://voiceattack.com/

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Autohotkey https://www.autohotkey.com/ can do this too

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

• 4 weeks later...

Does this mean (white line bars) ?

And, why after landing and full brake - these line bars are jumping ?

2084588761_Brakewhitedashs.JPG.9d78a0e0405de6a1290ed488871cbce5.JPG

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 5 weeks later...

Hi wondering if anyone could check for me, I have the A-10 and play with oculus touch, I find when using the controller to grab the virtual stick the in game hand does a 180 degree turn upon holding the grip button over the stick, and if I pull the stick back it pushes it forward, same with the throttle

I'm on the most recent open beta release

Just wanted to see if anyone could test and see if the same thing is occurring?

Many thanks

Does this mean (white line bars) ?

And, why after landing and full brake - these line bars are jumping ?

If you push full brake right away, then this is probably the anti-skid kicking in every time your wheel starts to block/slip. It is like an ABS on a car. Try pushing brake softer, so that it doesn't jumps back and forth. If you have Anti-Skid switch on, that is...

• 3 weeks later...

So where's the pin, anyway?

I saw in the update notes that you now need to pull the pin for the ejection seat during preflight in the A-10C so you can eject if necessary during the mission. But I have no idea where to find it. Help!

This would be for a real seat I have not seen what DCS has done. The remove before flight banner

sit diagonally across the seat pan. The left side as you sit in the seat in the safe pin for the Arm handle is located behind the pivot point of the Seat arm lever. The second pin goes thew a hole under the emergency release handle securing it

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

From the A-10 section of the update notes

"

The Ejection Seat Handle will not move now if the safety pin is installed.

Triple E (Eject) keyboard command is disabled by the corresponding Ejection Safety Pin now.

"

The Ejection Seat Handle will not move now if the safety pin is installed.

Triple E (Eject) keyboard command is disabled by the corresponding Ejection Safety Pin now.

Huh, interesting. I'm fairly certain this was never mentioned in the OB patch notes; seems like this item snuck its way into the stable release notes.

I just tested in the current OB (which should be 100% identical to the current stable right now) and couldn't find any visual representation of an ejection seat safety pin, no keyboard controls either, and the seat would fire just fine with the seat arming handle down.

Seems like this item didn't make it into this version (other than being mentioned in the patch notes ;)).

I also test ejection seat behaviour and could not find any functional difference. Confusing they call it a “pin” when the only thing is the arming lever. My theory is that in the past with the seat unarmed, the ejection handle still moved even though the seat wouldn't fire. This change is that the handle won’t even move now??

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

• 1 month later...
I also test ejection seat behaviour and could not find any functional difference. Confusing they call it a “pin” when the only thing is the arming lever. My theory is that in the past with the seat unarmed, the ejection handle still moved even though the seat wouldn't fire. This change is that the handle won’t even move now??

The real ACES II has two safety pins. One in the left ejection handle and one in the manual chute release. That’s probably what is being referenced.

Also if ED does do this it isn’t realistic, crew chiefs pull the aces II and canopy jettison handle safety pins prior to the pilot getting into the cockpit.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys - I’m just getting to grips with the A10 and have downloaded the superb 476th missions and templates. Thank you.

When planning a mission on the NTTR map, is it possible to use the ME to preload the CDU with the named waypoints when using the mission file containing waypoints?

I have tried to build a route by clicking on the waypoints but they just appear as waypoint 1,2,3...etc.

Or is it only possible to program the CDU with named waypoints using the CDU whilst in game?

Thanks! (Ex mil pilot so go easy on me :book:)

Every point on the map should be in the CDU.

And if you want to pass a particular point X miles from it in a specific direction, you can do an Offset and create a mission point that you can name and add to a flightplan.

You can do a custom flight plan in the ME and name each point as you go, but if you use a duplicate name that already exists, I’d suggest you append it with a 1. eg, FLEX already exists, so if you create a point and want to call it FLEX, make it FLEX1

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Cold Start, turn on left engine, shouldn't only your ailerons and left rudder and left elevator work ?

Currently, they all do.

Does your right hydraulic system have pressure? Checkout the hydraulic diagram below. Between the accumultors and apu there are other ways to pressurize the right system without the right engine running.

1cc37025b5.jpg

acbb31b557.jpg

Yea, no pressure to the right system, with APU on and L Engine on.

But by looking at the pictures you've posted, as well as reading trough the manual, seems like you could still operate both elevators and rudders via the shearable crossover shaft (for the elevators) and unpowered linkages for the rudders.

You can notice difference in rudder actuation speed, when one of the systems has no pressure.

If I am reading the picture, you've posted correctly... the APU can provide hydraulic power for any of the systems via some sort of multipostion valve (Operated by a switch ?), how is that valve operates as it has shown "L SYS" "OFF" "R SYS" positions labeled ? Or is that something for maintenance only ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

you are correct, the crossover linkage explains activation of pitch and roll controls when left system only is pressurized.

Page 1-24 of the TO 1A states “an APU hydraulic pump can be activated FOR GROUND USE ONLY”, so I think its safe to assume that L only/off/R only switch is in a maintenance panel.

Good follow up; sorry my initial answer was wrong!

• 1 month later...

A-10C II TAD and TGP issue

Is anybody else having this problem? On my TAD page I see a camo print over top of my map. On the TGP page the symbology shows around the border and the crosshairs but just no image from the camera. And it's only with the A-10C II. When I switch to the regular A-10C they show up fine.EmysKxNkRkv5CXbp9

Edited by 0utLAW
Adding photo

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

Here's a picture of what I see.

EmysKxNkRkv5CXbp9

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|