DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Would be nice to be able to go in to self induced coma for the desired period of time. "I wanna sleep until it's done P.S. In case of fire carry me out to safety and leave there"... This part of the forum would be so quiet. Just a dream, just a dream... :D

reminds me of the southpark episode where Cartman tells people to freeze him so he doesnt have to wait for the nintendo wii....but then he doesnt get unfrozen and meets an army of river otters :)

• Like 1

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

I would guss a combat mix. It would be nice to select what you got before take off. Knowing the mission, what you are attacking or deffinding would realy make a difrance in what you chooes to take.

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I do have answers to all or most of your questions, as every tester have A-10C flight manual, thanks god it's covered by NDA, or else I would have to type 24/7... phew...

Muahaha

:devil_2:

Next...

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will answer in a bit of a riddle.

DCS A-10C is a bit of a descendant from DTS A-10C - the ANG project - what do you think that means in case of armament selection? :)

Back to the questions, will the ammunition (high explosive and armor piercing incendiary) for the GAU-8 be a combat mix or do you choose the ammo?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

We should include riddles in NDA

Oh god no, it takes long enough to read as it is. It'd be much easier if Wags just sent a picture of Achmed the dead terrorist with the words "Silence! I Kill You!" on it.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

All right, here's one that's not covered by NDA. How is the NVIS lighting applied to the engine gauges? Are the post lights just white or two-color? Is the NVIS lighting inside the gauge, like the others?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Oh god no, it takes long enough to read as it is. It'd be much easier if Wags just sent a picture of Achmed the dead terrorist with the words "Silence! I Kill You!" on it.

:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

Matt is busy...

Achmed.jpg

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, it does not; they are independent systems.

You can slave just about anything to the pod, including mavericks.

This might seem like a silly question. Does the LITENING pod increase the lock on range of the Mavericks? I would assume that they still use their seeker head however I don't know if they can be slaved to the LITENING pod's target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You can slave just about anything to the pod, including mavericks.

Awfully good for Babe-Watching too......:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Matt is busy...

Achmed.jpg

:lol::thumbup:

-Robert Goddard

As many of you are aware, Matt is currently unavailable to work. I am here, but in the middle of an apartment move and in any case very tied up with my A-10C tasks for the next couple of weeks at least. Understandably, our testers want to be careful about answering questions. However, such a thread is a good idea and was going to happen at some point anyway, much like we had the Ka-50 Q&A thread a few months in advance of Black Shark. Don't be discouraged by the lack of concrete answers to some of your questions at this point. When there is a good opportunity, we'll go through and try to answer as many as we can. Feel free to ask.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Awfully good for Babe-Watching too......:D

Not as good as the optics on the Nimrod MR2 though. Ahhhh, had soo much fun playing with that thing back when I was at Waddington over an airshow weekend.

Point track on boobs rocks! ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So if I understand you right it can be slaved to the pod however the mav's seeker must still be able to attain a lock?

Yes. How do you think it would track once the missile has left the rail? Mavs are not telepathic :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Correct. I suppose you might make the argument that thanks to the pod, you can begin engagement earlier and thus technically commence more engagements at the maximum passible lock range for the maverick (given a particular target, that is), but I don't know if that is correct in practice.

So if I understand you right it can be slaved to the pod however the mav's seeker must still be able to attain a lock?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not as good as the optics on the Nimrod MR2 though. Ahhhh, had soo much fun playing with that thing back when I was at Waddington over an airshow weekend.

Point track on boobs rocks! ;)

Yeah except the MR2 MX15 turret doesnt have a laser designator!

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Mavs are overrated ;)

As Matt alluded to - there's a certain elegance sending a JDAM through an insurgent's forehead from 22000' :gun_sniper:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'