losing control

tflash

Maybe a well-documented problem, but I didn't find it:

When flying I often loose input control: when I put RCtrl-Enter on to watch my inputs, at certain moments in the flight I just cannot give any input any more for sometimes more than 20 seconds. It doesn't matter whether I trim or not.

Is this an oversaturation of the control inputs? I run into this when I am manoevring quite intensively.

With input control I mean cyclic pitch, roll and rudder. I use Saitek X-52 with Rudder pedals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not centering the Cyclic/Pedals immediately after trimming leads to this with the new trimmer technique implementation. Be sure to immediately re-center/adjust values in relevant files to avoid 'freezing' your inputs.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

SST software, can be conflicting a bit with DCS.

The only period I tried to use it I had to properly clean out all control sections before reassigning my controls.

This included the "Ka-50 Game" mode.

But even then I found that the SST software could queue up / get out of sync with what I tried to do. Hence I put it to rest after that.

Instead I went for this method: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=41108

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Not centering the Cyclic/Pedals immediately after trimming leads to this with the new trimmer technique implementation. Be sure to immediately re-center/adjust values in relevant files to avoid 'freezing' your inputs.

^That the cause when I have the same problem.

The problem with cheaper sticks is that sometimes the stick doesn't recognizes that you've centered it, so you will lose complete control. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds for the stick to finally "get it", which it too late.

It is usually failing to recenter the controls after releasing the trim button that causes this for me. Fastest way to recover is to recenter trim (LCtrl-T).

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

The whole issue seemes to boil down to "centering the controls". I thought I just had to release the stick in center position, but with my Saitek that doesn't work. What I need to do is immediately after pressing T I have to softly shake the cyclic around the center point and than my controls are back. Strange but that's the way it works! Anyone else a similar experience?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The whole issue seemes to boil down to "centering the controls". I thought I just had to release the stick in center position, but with my Saitek that doesn't work. What I need to do is immediately after pressing T I have to softly shake the cyclic around the center point and than my controls are back. Strange but that's the way it works! Anyone else a similar experience?

You can also use the old trimmer method and you'll never be locked out from the controls.

What I need to do is immediately after pressing T I have to softly shake the cyclic around the center point and than my controls are back. Strange but that's the way it works! Anyone else a similar experience?

Nope, I just release/center stick and pedals & carry on. It seems odd that you have to "shake it into play".

Nope, I just release/center stick and pedals & carry on. It seems odd that you have to "shake it into play".
Not odd in the slightest, not normal at, but not a mystery. As others have just said, the centre zone needs to be increased. Make the dead zone slightly larger. This can occur over time because the hardware is old and aging. POTs can get twitchy with carbon build up and age. Clean them using contact cleaner, which will require opening the stick up, youtube videos can assist with that. Or if its always been like it, then the stick was probably faulty to begin with, I have bought controllers in the past that have been faulty and wont centre perfectly, refund then. Usually due to cheap design and parts.

Also it could need re-calibration in windows. Choose the controller options in the windows control panel. Look for the joystick and find the re-calibration section. Then follow the steps.

Best of luck

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

My point is the action to "break out" of a dead stick is hardly the intended function. That's what makes it odd, not the symptoms of apparent wear & tear.

Still, you're probably right & good to know for troubleshooting. I've just never had a problem where my stick did that.