31 Pages about Bugs

There's lots of noise in those 30 pages. I'd say 10 to 15% are real bug discussions. 3 to 4 pages from all the stuff I've read.

To sum up: There are miscellaneous smaller bugs and serious re-working has to be done for the missiles and all the connected missile issues:burn-through, acquisition, and angle FOV problems.

Simple answer:

A portion of those pages are for real bugs

Originally Posted by *Merlin*

Still did not fix the Refuel boom in multiplayer, I sure was hoping for that.

you can still refuel from the tanker, and sometimes the boom will after the host refuels.

Sorry, will be fixed in the future

Чистого неба!

Han, 120 =ЦПВЛ=.

Eagle Dynamics.

Originally Posted by S77th-GOYA

During multiplayer testing I noticed that if I lock onto a friendly jamming signal it switches to the enemy jamming strobe. Meaning the dots change to rectangles. What's up with that?

There were only two planes in the server, so there was no mistake about who I locked.

This is in the 15 by the way.

The bug is in IFF on jamming strobe

Чистого неба!

Han, 120 =ЦПВЛ=.

Eagle Dynamics.

A portion of those pages are for features that people think are bugs i.e.

Did you guys ever get a confirmation that the 103% is actually a bug and not a feature? I still think I remember seeing somewhere (probably on the Russian side of the fence) that it was an intentional change. Although, that might've been for the Flanker, and just a spillover into the Eagle, correct or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldcrew

I'm experiencing problems online (su25T) starting my engines after I do a crash recovery. I start my engines, take off, kill a few targets, get shot down, crash recover. Start my engines again and nothing happens. Sometimes the engine will start but will not complete (the needles will stay stuck a couple of ticks from the engine cold position)

This not a bug, well it is sort of. When you do a crash recovery your throttle position doesn't change! So you start the engines and it gets flooded with fuel and it doesn't work. Sometimes it will even start a small fire just like the docs said lol (nice touch). So Remember to reset your throttle after doing a crash recovery.

A portion is people yapping back and forth about expected results

Originally Posted by 504th Shrapnel

Patriot SAM site dont engage...

Make sure the Patriot Track Radar is pointed in the general direction of the threat. It is not a 360 degree radar. I will be testing SAMS and such in a while, but thought I would see if you took this into consideration.

Originally Posted by 504th Shrapnel

Patriot SAM site dont engage...

They're working. Just watched one take out an Su-33. As Dusty says, make sure the radar is facing the expected threat axis. It doesn't rotate to provide 360 degree coverage.

Rich

A portion is the programmers responding

Originally Posted by Ice

Looks like 1.1 in multiplayer has a tendency of confusing player names in (F5) external views. I see my self as all other aircraft. Seems to be the case for all others in the same game. They see other aircraft names as themselves after a couple of respawns.

To see padlocking target data in the status bar set ShowTargetInfo = true in the Config/View/Server.lua file. This is not a bug but an anti-cheat feature

Valery Blazhnov

Originally Posted by ruggbutt

How do we do that in single player?

Feel free to edit the Config/View/Server.lua file, please. In MP game Server.lua file comes from the server so clients can't use their own Server.lua files.

Valery Blazhnov

Lock On Development Team

Eagle Dynamics

• Like 1

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

31 Pages on this forum about bugs.

Did the Beta Testers a lousy job or was this game released in knowledge of all this problems ?

Thx for any answers.

The Beta Testers? They don't code, they find and report. Know about the process before you go pointing fingers.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Groove asked, "Did the Beta Testers a lousy job or was this game released in knowledge of all this problems ?"

The Beta Testers? They don't code, they find and report. Know about the process before you go pointing fingers.

Bugs in the release of 1.1 could be because beta testers didn't report them to the devs, or the devs released 1.1 knowing the bugs were present. So, beta testers could be to blame if they 1) did a lousy job of testing, or 2) failed in some way to let ED know what the bugs were.

Did the Beta Testers a lousy job or was this game released in knowledge of all this problems ?

Thx for any answers.

You obviously know nothing about beta testing. I'm a tester on another sim, and everything I report doesn't always get fixed. Sometimes you fix one thing, and it creates another problem somewhere else you're not aware of right away. Saying the testers did a lousy job is pretty lame.

Buzz

Thx for any answers.

Context. Read the threads. Many of the things being discussed are not bugs and have work arounds.

As with all simulations there are indeed some issues. I'm confident that ED will address any that are serious.

It's easy to be a critic but at least take the time to do some research and be informed.

He didn't say they did a lousy job. He just asked if beta testers did a bad job OR was the game released with knowledge of some of the, by the testers reported, problems.

355th_XANTRIS.jpg

• ED Team

Im not trolling im just asking after seeing so many pages up in the bugs forum.

Or is it trolling to ask such questions ?

Thanks for enlighting me in the process. And what if they dont find ?

You obviously know nothing about beta testing.

You obviously dont know anything about me or my beta testing experiences.

Greetings !

PS: Im still waiting to buy this game directly from ED :)

Thx for any answers.

I am going to step back from my defensive posture on this one. You asked a legit question, and I think that the question got lost in the translation. I see you are from Germany and your first language is probably not English then. My apologies as this appears to be a language to message board translation problem. Not your fault and I think we should all rethink our responses to Groove.

Having said that, and having kept track of the 31 page bug thread, I can tell you from experience that there are many bugs and problems that have been present since 1.0, that I can confidently say were reported to ED by the beta testers and for whatever reasons, were not addressed. Are there issues that get thru the testers? Absolutely. It happens. You cannot catch everything.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

He, guys, this is a top notch product and ED are people with very high regard in the community. In such a program there are inevitably numerous "bugs" or at least unexpected results.

I always found that ED is very open to suggestions and views about workarounds. The public buying this product is very critical and very educated in regard to simming. They are all perfectionists just like the ED people.

What I can say till now is that FC 1.1 flies A LOT better than 1.02, as well on my high-end as on my low-end machine. Can you imagine I can fly air-to-ground missions with Su-25T on a Pentium 1.7 M with only 32 Mb of video memory (ATI Radeon)?

Performance and stability have really improved, not to mention added features. We always have candid discussions here about problems, but this should not be interpreted as if this software where buggy. On the contrary, I'm confident that it is of the very, very best you can get.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the question is legit too. I've asked myself that question a few times on why some of these bugs where missed, especially multiplayer ones. I think the game is solid in single player and the multiplayer stability bug is vastly improved but some of the new multiplayer bugs seem to have slipped by QA (if there was even one)

Context... many of the things are bugs period some of which have never been addresed since 1.0

Explain "work around" ??

Context indeed. What bugs specifically do you mean? I see people often complain about things such as missile performance and the like only to see that there are arguments on both extremes of the missles being too effective or not effective enough.

Work Around - Something to allow the user to play despite either a problem with the game due to improper configuration of the game, their hardware, or a combination of both.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I am not 100% happy with 1.1 either - there are many many things that I don't like: the fact that many skins don't work, cockpit add-ons that kill 1.1, F-15 radar performance, F-15 missile performance, I don't quite like the Su-25T roll inertia, the Maverick range, Maverick lock on is too hard, the fact that you can't jump cockpits anymore (why bother if your wingman has no chaff and flares?) and some issues with enemy AI not breaking missile lock when taking evasive action.

That said, I am going to wait until 1.1.01 until I make up my mind.

Work Around - Something to allow the user to play despite either a problem with the game due to improper configuration of the game, their hardware, or a combination of both.

Workarounds aren't for bugs in the software?

Cycle for ED games:

1) Game is designed after years and years of research

2) Game is coded and tested, bugs are found, game is delayed to fix the bugs

3) Community whines about delayed release

4) Game designers release it earlier because of whining

5) Community whines about the bugs

6) Designers release patch

7) Community whines about more bugs

8) Designers release more patches

7) Community whines about more bugs

9) Designers release a whole god damned add-on pack

Guess what happens?

You come along and make this useless post?

And you come along and make a more useless (if GG's post can be considered useless) post?

*Crashes his head on the keyboard*

That said, I am going to wait until 1.1.01 until I make up my mind.

Not 1.101, 1.11.

Logic. It's a wonderful thing. Let's apply it to this situation.

Skywall, take a look at "GG's" post again, and see if you can tell me the error in point #4. Ask for help if you need it. Plenty of people know the answer.

Now, let's get really logical. Look at points 5, 7, and the other 7. Logically, how could those points have been avoided?

If you think I hate LOMAC or ED you're very mistaken. I fly every day. I love this sim. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter to me. 1.02 was perfect, as far as balance between the 15 and the Su's. I can handle the 15 pretty well and I fly with guys who can handle the Su as well as or better than anybody. When we engaged it became a real chessmatch. It was fun.

1.1 has ruined that. There is little fun to be had in a 15 against a decent Su or MiG driver. You can expect to hear me "whine" about that until it is either fixed or I give up on LOMAC.