Campaign Trouble

Just starting out in the first campaign. Deployment I think it is. Anyway, about eight minutes into the flight my aircraft starts to shake and break up, and then crash. Is this supposed to happen or am I just flying to hard? I know I wasn't fired on, but it seems to happen all the time.

Yep, you are flying too hard / Fast.

Note that when you fly faster the upper and lower rotor discs get closer together on the right side. This is due to the coaxial rotor design. Over ~280km/hr they are virtually touching and it doesn't take much for them to collide and shatter.

Note also that Moving the cyclic to the left and/or the rudder to the right will exacerbate the effect. In general it is not advisable to throw the Black shark about over ~250km/hr and be very very careful with Left Cyclic/Right Rudder over 270km/hr.

Edit:- I have seen other beginners fall out of the sky flying near the limit and then pressing the trim. The solution to this is to trim often, and fly a little slower. Use CTRL-ENTER to see what your controls are doing (note you should see some Left Cyclic and right rudder when flying straight and level, over ~200km/hr)

Edit2:- The speeds I've given are Indicated Airspeed (IAS) not ground speed. IAS is shown on the SHKVAL TV screen and on the Airspeed Dial, Ground Speed is shown on the HUD. Reading the HUD ground speed can get you killed if the wind is high enough and you are flying fast, as your actual airspeed can vary greatly from your ground speed.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Sound advice I think I'll use. I have a coax rc heli, and I do get rotor clack when I turn to fast. Frankly it's easier to fly the rc than tihs sim/game.

:megalol:

You will get used to it, just like your RC bird, which I expect wasn't so easy when you just started out with it , either.

Black Shark can be very demanding to learn to fly right, but very rewarding as you do (not that I've made it there yet, tho...:cry:)

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS