Planning an attack run

Conure

Hey all,

If I've spotted a group of infantry, and want to take them out with a rocket run, what's the best way to line up to do it?

I've been putting FD mode on, setting the AP to fly toward last trim location and doing it that way - is that correct?

Cheers

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

I like attacking in a shallow dive with the targeting system set to show the computed rocket impact point. Set salvo size based on how concentrated the group is (which you will know from the thorough recee you did before setting up the run...). Most important part, though, is to NOT overfly the target zone - turn away before you get that close or you will likely get toasted MANPAD style. Having a flare program running helps but won't save you if you blunder right over them (speaking from plenty of blundering experience here...).

Recently I have been practicing the "funnel" manouver but do not have it down well enough to employ in combat yet. Should also be good for rocket attacks as you can keep moving while still putting ordinance on target.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

See page 7-27 of the (ENG) PDF manual - "Firing Rockets and Cannon Using Laser-Rangefinder"

Basically, you just need to have the Targeting Mode Control knob set to "Gun Sight". The targeting sight on the HUD is then aligned with the laser rangefinder; manouver to aim at (or at least near) the intended target and press the "Target Lock" button. After that the sight shows the predicted impact point (make sure the correct rocket type is also set on the ballistics data knob on the rear panel).

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS