Love what you have done to the framereates lately! (But need more!)

..I got LOMAC when it was releasd,, had a too crappy computer, played falcon4 af/rv/of etc while waitng for a new computer (damn good btw) Got my current comp.. and LOMAC were still to much to handle (I'm always one generation behind in computers).

Bought dcs:bs and it runs really good nowadays. Made me buy FC2 too, (since it didn't say anything about raping me with starforce, and I don't think it did/do).

But when I use the maverick on the FC2 a10 or the shkval (sp?) it drops to half the frame rate, it's still bearable.. but is there any way to optimize that view, so you get better fps. changing relolution on that screen seems to have almost no effect at all.

Nvidia 9600 GT

AMD athlon 2x2.1

4gigs ram (3 in use due to 32 bit)

win7

saitek x52 pro

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

You need a new rig. There is simply no way to get 'more' for you without dropping oodles of grafical detail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I can live with a little bit of 'chopping' until I get next rig, just were a bit curious about if there where some magic tricks that could relive the 'mfd' fps slowdown.

BTW starforce is gone these days, arn't they? I tried SF removal and updater, and none of them detected Starforce. (I need to be sure before I force my mate to buy the games too)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Good question, I suggest searching the forum ... I do not think you can get a whole lot of relief for this particular issue unfortunately.

As for SF, the DRM is from the same company but of different nature; rather than installing a driver, it just performs an online activation of your product when you start it up. It is called Frontline ProActive IIRC.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks a lot for the SF info too, now even my mate can't refuse to buy the games (..again for black shark, since his comp didn't like SF)

A quick suggestions: do the "water tweak" if you haven't already. Basically you change a value in a setting file to a value that is not supported through the "real" options interface. This can save you a bit.

There is also an article somewhere by Frazer about tweaking DCS:BS which generally applies well to FC2 as well.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

..I got LOMAC when it was releasd,, had a too crappy computer, played falcon4 af/rv/of etc while waitng for a new computer (damn good btw) Got my current comp.. and LOMAC were still to much to handle (I'm always one generation behind in computers).

Bought dcs:bs and it runs really good nowadays. Made me buy FC2 too, (since it didn't say anything about raping me with starforce, and I don't think it did/do).

But when I use the maverick on the FC2 a10 or the shkval (sp?) it drops to half the frame rate, it's still bearable.. but is there any way to optimize that view, so you get better fps. changing relolution on that screen seems to have almost no effect at all.

Nvidia 9600 GT

AMD athlon 2x2.1

4gigs ram (3 in use due to 32 bit)

win7

saitek x52 pro

Here is that tweak guide EtherealN is referring to: link

But before you dive in to tweaking: you say you are happy with the frame rate you have now, and only have a problem when you have the shkval on.

There are quite a few threads on that topic and there isn't a lot you can do about the frame drop (unless ED makes DCS really work with mutiple cores).

Till then, zooming in to your shkval/maverick screen and only look down in to your cockpit when you have it on saves you from having too much of a frame hit.

• Like 2

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Frazer.. I'll have a look at the guide, and/or accept the fps drop until I can afford a new rig.

Played around with Black Shark a little more.. and at the same settings, the shkval gives me less of a drop in fps then the old A10 mav screen? Guess they optimized something?