Mapping LMB to joystick

GRoss

Hey everybody!

..just wondering if this is possible? I just got my trackIR fully ready and all, and the big question (and concern) is if I can map the lmb to joystick or at least keyboard, because if that is not possible, then it kinda defeats the purpose of trackIR altogether.

On a side note - trackIR is awesome! I have only had under an hour of experience with it and its still pretty hard to fly with, but the level of immersion just got blow out of proportion here :pilotfly:

oh, Left Mouse Button - to be able to actually click on buttons/etc while looking around with trackIR

As with a real cockpit - have to take your hands off the HOTAS to toggle the switches.

...because if that is not possible, then it kinda defeats the purpose of trackIR altogether...

How so? Flipping switches not relevant to Trackir at all.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

From what I have heard you can't do both at the same time with TrackIR. But you can with FreeTrack withch is what I use. It is funny because FT uses TraicIR softwar to run....

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

(Left) ALT-C, This function is a toggle for various mouse modes. hopefully you'll have a crosshair appear for the purpose of selecting switches.

funny that you all know how to help this guy isnt it ! But yet you'd rather debate it first.... "how so ?" LOL. what a meaningless response.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

looks like the above posters dont wana help new folks anymore. theyd rather debate the question rather than answer it or understand it.

Read the thread again, in particular post #5. Could've swore I saw Alt-C in there somewhere..... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i certainly did see that. i felt it necessary to emphasise it by posting it again. didnt want your silly question "how so?" gettin in the way of a new poster clearly not that clued up. hes asking the wrong questions. u know that mr viper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i certainly did see that. i felt it necessary to emphasise it by posting it again. didnt want your silly question "how so?" gettin in the way of a new poster clearly not that clued up. hes asking the wrong questions. u know that mr viper.

Yeah yeah yeah.......:doh:

In all honesty: I was curious is all. Yes, I have TrackIr.....No, I have never mapped my LMB to my keyboard/HOTAS and yet I manage perfectly well without said mapping.

What I did not understand was the comment that not being able to map said button to your keyboard/HOTAS 'defeats the purpose of TrackIr' - no malicious intent.

But why am I even bothering......clearly you have bigger fish to fry :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe I missed it, but I still don't think the original question was answered...

Hey everybody!

..just wondering if [Mapping LMB to joystick] is possible?

Yes. If your joystick programming software supports it. For the X-52, you would map LMB just like any other keypress.

It's quite handy in conjunction with TIR. No messing around with ALT+C, and you can flip any switch in the pit without moving your hands from the stick and throttle.

My Saitek SST software has provisions for mouse input as joystick command but you might be approaching the problem from the wrong end. Instead of programming the joystick to send a mouse click, reconfigure DCS to use a joystick button or keyboard key as the "interact" command with cockpit switches.

Thanks for your input everybody and thanks for the answer Dash - didn't even know my joystick has SOFTWARE lol... but now that I gave that I go, using a mouse seems quite a bit easier and faster, however once I get used to trackIR that view may change ofcourse. I think it would be pretty awesome not having to touch the mouse at all

I program my X-52Pro in game and the mini stick and LMB works great for operating switches (takes a bit of practice though).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I understand what you want it for. You want to 'look' somewhere with your head tracker and then flip any switch that the cursor comes to rest on. It seems some people don't understand. Of course, it's not using the interface the way it was intended, but try it if you want. Personally I use my keyboard to trigger cockpit switches, sometimes it's easier to press 1 than move the mouse to the ABRIS region and locate the virtual button. But everyone has their own way of doing it.

There is a tiny program called JoyToKey which translates any joystick input into any keyboard/mouse function. You can even set a joystick axis threshold to trigger the mouse click if you have an unused axis. All you need to do is set which joystick event you want to make click the mouse and it has a pretty decent user interface, no programming or special skills required. This program is quite powerful for many games I use. You can save profiles easily and switch them when you change to a different game. In BS for example I have mapped 5 modifiers to my collective with JoyToKey and this gives me potentially 144 buttons on my cyclic that only has 16 buttons.

I'm sure there are other ways to make the mouse click with Autohotkey, PPJoy or GlovePIE, but JoyToKey will do it easiest. Xpadder will let you as well, but I've never used that, but it is a popular program for the same types of features.

I hope this is what you were looking for, good luck.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

I program my X-52Pro in game and the mini stick and LMB works great for operating switches (takes a bit of practice though).

I've tried this -so- many times but ultimately just wound up being frustrated at the sloppy thumb-on-my-weak-hand movement. It truly does take a LOT of practice.

Kudos to you all who take the time (and have the patience) to master it.