Stupid Wingman

jojo

I love this simulator, really fun, but I HATE MY WINGMAN.

Why, in when I ask him "engage ground target" with tens of target at less than 7km, once he comply, another time it just sysa "unable" while reporting target tothe radio.

Why when I send datalink target, and order "engage datalink target" it goes to overfly it instead of engaging from standoff range with Vikhr...

It remove a lot of fun. It's already complicated to fly and fight in a single seat helicopter, we don't need a dumb wingman:mad:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

if you want him to do a hover attack,you must do 3 things! 1st make sure that you have him with the right weapons for the right job. 2nd make sure that your wingman has a clear view of the target or targets you want him to attack. 3rd make sure that you are within 6.5km to 5.5nm out from the target(max range for vikers is 7.0). what makes your wingman go running in is that you are out of range for the vikes(7.0km),so he will do a running shot on targets than a hover attack.the reason why he fly past the ingress point is that you have the ingress point on the target itself or it's within their detection range which he can get shot down by the target! you have you measure out(using the abris map) how far the ingress point is from the target area and make sure the the ingress point isn't too close to the target were the sam's can detect him. if he gets detected at that point he will be to close and get shot down trying to move out of their detection. if you want him to hold position make sure that he isn't in detection range of aa or sams. would you hold position if your rwr is saying that you are in detection range of a aa or sam,you will move out of that range. to do stand-off attack in any verison you must be in range of the vikers(6'5knm to 5.5knm) so if that ingress point or data link point is within 6.5knm to 5.5knm and he's not in detection range of sams or aa's. the wingman will do that stand-off attack! make sure that you set your wingman to excellent in the mission editor.

Edited by Bee_Sting

I comply toyour three points, but I'm flying campaign,so I can't modify his skill.

what makes your wingman go running in is that you are out of range for the vikes(7.0km),

5km, "attack datalink target" (ZU-23 transmitted as air-defense target), the wingman is close tome so he's in view and in range of Vikhr, but out of range of ZU-23. But he departs fromhovering and go to overfly...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Yes please fix the wingmen! I've had the "unable unable unable" problem on a few missions and then on the odd occasion they feel like doing something they'll proceed to run in to attack AA defences < 3KM distance despite possessing stand off ATGM's.

Don't get me wrong though, other than this complaint amazing sim!! :thumbup:

other than this complaint amazing sim

Indeed, but 24 Vikhr is definitely more firepower than 12, it would be could to have a smart wingman who can attack anything at anytime.

When I go backto farp to rearm he follow me, he lands behind me, and on take off he stoy on farp, even if he agrees to "rejoin" command.

Mirage fanatic !

Last I was flying too long with my wingmans. Each of them have fell on the ground because of lack of fuel. Im not sure if they even eject...

Baal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-950 @ 3.06 (stock), ASUS P6X58D-E, MSI GeForce GTX 970, 12GB RAM @ 1066, DELL 2209WA (1680x1050), LG L1960TR (1280x1024)

TrackIR 5, MSFFB 2, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals