Fully loaded Typhoon at Farnborough airshow today

See that is a good demo. Show me what the aircraft can do when it's the heaviest and has the most drag.

Look like a piece of plastic almost cause the demo to cancel, you see the plastic moving towards the runway prior to takeoff?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That ain't fully loaded. Wait til you see one fully armed with 21 brimstone. 

He's carrying a drop tank on 13 instead of a LITENING pod as well. But that's what happens when you let civvies play with a fighter.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I bet the tanks were empty too boot :)

No doubt. He'd have been overweight for landing otherwise.

Although I will say I'm yet to see another fighter that can come close to the 'phoon's performance when carrying a combat load. (The Raptor doesn't count)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

This could all be mockup ordnance, after all airshow is all about appearance, not functionality. So it's hard to judge anything by this video. But it's nice anyway, I wouldn't mind flying DCS: Typhoon. :)

I'm still upset Italy canceled their latest order of the Typhoon in favour of the F35. Ugh.

The rest can be upgraded to that standard later and you get a stealth aircraft in the mix. ;)

That combo will be hard to beat. And if you ask me you guys will have the best of both worlds, high altitude fast interceptor and a survivable long range strike fighter.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Interesting @ 7:07(first video).There is a trail from the vertical stabilizer vent.Anyone noticed it?

I did. Methinks he may have gone negative-g and some fuel worked its way to the vent.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

This could all be mockup ordnance, after all airshow is all about appearance, not functionality. So it's hard to judge anything by this video. But it's nice anyway, I wouldn't mind flying DCS: Typhoon. :)

Mockup it is. It's officially called inert ordnance which has the same weight as the real thing and modular design allowing to use real seekers for combat simulation. Great show and videos. That girl is such a flirt. :D

Another way to tell that it's inert: the color. Blue usually means a training round. Also, the missiles closest to the wingtips have no forward fins. I don't know if the live versons of that missile (idk what it is) have guidance fins up front, but the guidance package is usually removed from training ordance, leaving just the seeker so that pilots can still lock the weapon to a target.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Another way to tell that it's inert: the color. Blue usually means a training round. Also, the missiles closest to the wingtips have no forward fins. I don't know if the live versons of that missile (idk what it is) have guidance fins up front, but the guidance package is usually removed from training ordance, leaving just the seeker so that pilots can still lock the weapon to a target.

Neither do the live ones mate 

They are ASRAAM. But you are right in saying they dint have a guidance package, just the seeker and dummy warhead/motor. The fuselage stations have normal dummy AIM-120Bs on. Until we get Meteor of course.

Spoiler

No doubt. He'd have been overweight for landing otherwise.

Although I will say I'm yet to see another fighter that can come close to the 'phoon's performance when carrying a combat load. (The Raptor doesn't count)

That's right the Raptor doesn't count because it couldn't carry the Typhoons payload if it wanted to, the Raptors MTOW is reported to be less than one metric ton from it's NTOW which is really piss poor when compared to the Typhoon. I wonder if such a negligible difference in NTOW and MTOW indicates that the Raptor has a high wing load figure?.

The Typhoon is actually quite a unique and very versatile airframe. It has exceptionally low wing loading figures combined with a high TWR. In air to ground configuration the Typhoon can carry a much larger payload than the F-22. Strip the Typhoon down to to its air 2 air configuration and according to the C-16 -3 performance charts you have a fighter that can supercruise at mach 1.56 and sustain +9G/-3G turns at mach.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct.

Several planes do this, I've seen it on the Gripen, Typhoon, Tornado and C-27J.

On the fighters it's caused by negative G (flying inverted, mostly), the C-27J loses fuel when flying knife-edge.

Your all wrong, BAE have made it impossible for anyone but them to move the exhaust point, I am suprised no one saw it floating a ft off the runway when it landed...oh wait :D

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]