GamePort to Usb Adaptor Recommendation

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You might have to mod that stick to get it to work. In that case I would reccomend one of these boards.

http://www.leobodnar.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I have yet to see a report from anyone successfully using a gameport to USB adapter to get a Suncom HOTAS working in anything close to completely functional. I believe Sokol (who is virtually a living encyclopedia of all things related to PC joysticks / throttles) will tell you much the same.

Slayer's suggestion is a good one. IIRC, there was a good thread over on the X-Plane forums where someone converted a Suncom HOTAS to USB, etc. (It's an *old* thread)

Another possible way to go would be to take some board(s) out of old / cheap USB joystick / HOTAS controller(s), and wire the Suncom inputs to it(them). One of Leo Bodnar's boards would probably do it better justice, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

You'll just need to count up the inputs you want to connect up, and then see if one board can handle all those. I say that, (not being home at the moment, where I can look at my old Suncom HOTAS), remembering that there are some small red buttons, etc. on the base that you might want to hook up, for instance.

There is no electrical reason why you couldn't have inputs from both controllers feeding into one board located in the base of one of them. You'll just need to make sure you have enough conductors in the connecting cable (between the controllers) to carry the signals over to the other controller base (The existing PS2 style looking cable [iIRC]. is probably not going to be well-suited to that task).

If you decide to do it with a single Bodnar board, you'll obviously want to give some thought to the possibilty that you might want to use one controller without the other (ie, use the split throttle, but with some other joystick). If so, you'll probably want to put the Bodnar board in the base of the one you are most likely to use with some other controller in a mix-n-match.

Alternatively, to potentially get even more bang for your Bodnar buck, you could put the Bodnar board in it's own enclosure with some multi-pin connectors on the side (25 pin serial port connectors might be good), and then wire your various converted controllers up with corresponding cables to connect to the appropriate port(s). That way, you could have the Suncom HOTAS connected up at one point, change to a different throttle and then load a different config for the Bodnar board... and then later on change to your cyclic and collective and load yet a different config... etc., etc. I've been pondering that one myself for a "someday, if I ever get around to it".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1