Hotas Warthog Priced

LMAO...

400 EUROS? BTW what's that in real MONEY...? ;-p

Anyhow, not gonna happen, sales are not gonna be big at that price point...somebody over at TM is high.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you may be surprised by the uptake on this product.

its not aimed at the "sometimes" player and there is enough seasoned simmers out there to give this a good set of legs.

i terms of pricing, they have to aim high as they are going for happy customers, not subscribers, meaning a one off high cost rather than on going upgrade cycles which can be a PITA and more costly in the long run.

and if it lasts 10 + years and is the only one you need then its value for money, not a piece of crap to be thrashed and trashed in 6 months.

and if they are high, then skin me some,if thats what they produce it looks like the good Sh!t

Action After Contemplation

whats the price gonna be in USD? The virtual thunderbirds dude on here said it wouldnt be 500 dollars USD (the amount that comes up when you convert the euro amount to usd). If its 300 or less, im buying. If not, ill wait till it goes down.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

i think you may be surprised by the uptake on this product.

its not aimed at the "sometimes" player and there is enough seasoned simmers out there to give this a good set of legs.

i terms of pricing, they have to aim high as they are going for happy customers, not subscribers, meaning a one off high cost rather than on going upgrade cycles which can be a PITA and more costly in the long run.

and if it lasts 10 + years and is the only one you need then its value for money, not a piece of crap to be thrashed and trashed in 6 months.

and if they are high, then skin me some,if thats what they produce it looks like the good Sh!t

Completely agree. I think if it lasts that long then it is a good investment imho. And if it doesn't last 10 years, I'll mod it 'till it does (a la Cougar) :D

Edited by CrashEd

I sold my Cougar for 50 Euros or so... almost brand new... 2-3 hours of use. Never really like it. This one looks OK but... I fly more than just one plane and more than just one sim. So having buttons matching exactly one plane and not what I need in many games is not the best for me.

Also... No Force Feed Back... really a "no buy" for me. I owned Saitek's X45, X52 and I'm using a "low quality X52Pro" and their X65 is a joke for me cause they are going exactly in the opposite direction from what I want - A hotas that suits many games with convenient placed buttons for a variety of planes and roles (not 5 HATS that have on them non intuitive controls for gear and different systems), good HALL axis, DIGITAL trim wheels (hello!! anyone?), split throttle and FFB. Flying a 109 with non moving stick is no go for me.

TM Hotas Warthog looks a very little improvement from Cougar... HALL sensors and split throttle.... 400 Euros... thanks... but no thanks.

Logitech's alternative looks the closest match to my needs... it doesnd has digital trim axis but...

Sorry if this sounds like a rant... but I thought to give my opinion... maybe someone reads it... and cares about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sorry if this sounds like a rant... but I thought to give my opinion... maybe someone reads it... and cares about it.

Horses for courses! Completely agree that it is inflexible. For me I only want it for the A-10, I only wanted the Cougar for Falcon (although it has been used to death on other things). So in that respect the WH is perfect. Agreed that FFB would have been nice though, but realism comes before that for me.

I'm confused. I am going to get it for sure. I will use it for dcs a10 , il2 and sow when it gets released. Why are people saying it's a dedicated to one plane?

If I took my ch gear and put labels on the buttons does that mean it's no good for anything else? It's like any game, my buttons are different depending what I am playing, I don't think it being a replica of a specific plane makes it any less generic for general purpose use than my CH.

What am I missing?

I'm confused. I am going to get it for sure. I will use it for dcs a10 , il2 and sow when it gets released. Why are people saying it's a dedicated to one plane?

If I took my ch gear and put labels on the buttons does that mean it's no good for anything else? It's like any game, my buttons are different depending what I am playing, I don't think it being a replica of a specific plane makes it any less generic for general purpose use than my CH.

What am I missing?

Not missing per se, but what do you have...which is a few more kgs of brain matter.

The only people that are complaining about price in this thread are people who aren't interested in dedicating a decent amount of money from their wallet for decent gear. No matter what the excuse, the end result is the same:

"I won't pay 399 euros for _______" Insert excuses as needed.

If the stick is bad, I will return it. If it isn't, I will accept the price tag for what it is and enjoy my new, shiny, high quality piece of hardware.

<BRAINDUMP>

The cost IS comparable with TM's competitor’s prices for their top of the line gear. Fact.

So, cost isn’t an issue in itself. (Just in general). Let’s not get into the "things cost more nowadays" argument.

Price won’t "come down" for a long long time. Cougars were still £300 after TEN years till about a month ago.

Previews have been overwhelmingly positive across the board. Add [ "TM fanboys....."] argument, but we all have our own opinions and judgement. (Ive had CH, Saitek, TM an Logitech and dont consider myself a particular fan of any of them. Tools for the job.)

Stick designed for DCS: A-10 but not limited to that in anyway. I can use my Cougar to play ARMAII easily. (and find uses for all those extra hats and switches in other sims. looking forward to it - INNER GEEK)

No FFB, but has there EVER been any proper implementation of that, matched with a game that used it properly? (IL2 worked pretty well for me, but.....). Witness the g940/DCS:BS trim debacle. Also, FFB will break, (i had about 3 x Saitek’s in 5 years that all popped).

Having a piece of metal / plastic throwing itself about inside the controller on purpose is not an engineering recipe for longjevity, (unless you are Nintendo. My N64 rumblepak still works).

No pedals, but 80% of forumites here already have some sort of pedals that we can reuse, and besides, it would have added another £130 to the price right?

You CAN use your massively modded and costly Cougar stick it you want! That’s a great move from TM. They didn’t have to do that. Would other manufacturers do that?

</BRAINDUMP>

ps. If its crap "take it back" (within 7 days)

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Any reasonable ideas on a release date? It would be nice to have it prior to the release of DCS A-10C to get the feel of it.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Frim what I have heard the speculation is September, but again that is just rumours so don't take that as more than hearsay.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

I really hope they push the flight controls out a few months before the sim comes out so that it will give people the opportunity acquire the hardware before the game's release. Doubtless this would also give Thrustmaster's manufacturing capacity time to meet production demands.

People can enjoy the stick on other games before DCS A-10C comes out... but I don't think anyone who will get the stick would want to play the game with anything else from the first time they run the game.

for 399€ they might as well include a complementary copy of DCS: A-10C Warthog. If graphics card come with a full version of a game, why not a HOTAS :)

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Split throttle does not work. Both FC2 and BS only sees one throttle axis. The right throttle is not recognized.

:huh:

Anyone else confirm this is true?

Not that I don't believe you it just seems so strange, is this some specific ...foyble, of the X65F?

I can assign the two seperate axis to seperate throttles on my cougar and even that works. (obviously the cougar only has one throttle, i used the antenna and range sliders)

Arguments that it is too expensive are self solving.....if you can't afford it, then don't buy it.

Saying "it's not worth that" is a whole other argument ..by all accounts it'll be the première HOTAS of all time, in terms of build materials and quality.

If you care about that, and want the nicest piece of kit for simming, but can't afford it?...too bad sorry, don't gripe at the manufacturers, you just simply aren't their intended market.

• Like 1

you would think quantity would be on there mind not how much and to few to sell.

Just look at steam they move allot of product and at cheap prices and make the Devs and producers allot of money.

So say lets sell 40,000 units at $499=19,960,000.00. opposed to lets sell 100,000 units at 299.00 =29,900,000.00 which would you prefer? If you know business you know by lowering the end cost to lets say

the average person who makes 52,000 a year. and further cut the cost another 100.00 you still win. you increase volume. These guys at TM I don't think have a degree in business only engineering.

so 150,000 unit at 199= $29,850,000.00 still a pretty good deal.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

can't afford it?...too bad sorry, don't gripe at the manufacturers, you just simply aren't their intended market.

Elitist, I hate it, but it's true. Indeed regardless of your race, creed, or spiritual beliefs, the world is populated with but 2 kinds of people. The haves and the have not's. It is sad really that we must still be subjected to such an archaic system.

I could afford it but I can't justify spending that much cheddar on something so superfluous.

Just remember, in the end, you'll leave with what you came with.

I'm hoping someone releases an economy model fo us po folk:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

@ Mastiff's example:

If it costs $300 per unit to develop, manufacture and distribute, then you're not going to make it up on volume. The point being... it's not so simple.

Edited by CyBerkut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I don't know, but I do know that metal is pretty cheap right now. and so is factory labor.

If it costs $300 per unit to develop, manufacture and distribute, then you're not going to make it up on volume. The point being... it's not so simple.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

you would think quantity would be on there mind not how much and to few to sell.

Just look at steam they move allot of product and at cheap prices and make the Devs and producers allot of money.

So say lets sell 40,000 units at $499=19,960,000.00. opposed to lets sell 100,000 units at 299.00 =29,900,000.00 which would you prefer? If you know business you know by lowering the end cost to lets say

the average person who makes 52,000 a year. and further cut the cost another 100.00 you still win. you increase volume. These guys at TM I don't think have a degree in business only engineering.

so 150,000 unit at 199= $29,850,000.00 still a pretty good deal.

Mastiff, they need to make a profit.

Any project like this with a lot of R&D involved, requires a lot of financing either internal or external. Financing is cheaper the sooner you pay it back and the smaller it is (due to inherent risk). Add to that the cost (financed) of manufacture for the initial lot, and you´re beginning to get closer to a business plan.

The initial sales must cover for the production of the thing plus the financing of the development and marketing of the product. Plus some profit. Only then you can move on to volume sales where the equation is more along the lines of income-total sales cost-total production cost=profit AMMOUNT, when you´re hopefully debt free and can self-finance with your own sales; and you have much more certainty about product reception.

There´s a limited market for this things, so selling a million units for 15 bucks a piece is probably not an option. They surely found the demand sweetspot for quickly selling the required ammount of units that would give them back their investment and initial profit at the USD 400 level. More expensive, and they might run short on unit sales. Cheaper, and they might saturate the market before the required ammount of money came in.

Steam does exactly this, initial prices are high, then they go for volume.

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Just pre-ordered from amazon .co.uk . im in no rush to get it and as my wife is buying me this as a christmas pressy when it arrives ill be able to look at the box nothing more . but if she expects me to leave the house christmas day she got another thing coming lol

where are you pre-ordering? I searched amazon and the hotas warthog wasnt even listed. the link provided earlier in this thread brings a page error saying it doesnt exist.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart