Hotas Warthog Priced

LOOK FOLKS $500 dollars would be a FAIR price for this system. Why do you ask? Take a look at your generic X-52, X-65, Logitech FFB, etc..... notice none of those are metal or authentic in regards to a real A/C. Warthog is a "REPLICA HOTAS" not a "HOTAS" a REPLICA. That right there is a big difference alone. Logi's FFB HOTAS and Saitek's new X-65 aren't cheap either :

X65F - $329.99

Logi FFB - $251

It's a replica not a space ship controller so no wonder its more money not to mention a replica is just that, before you factor in that is also a HOTAS! There is almost NO market for replica controllers and the companies that do make replica parts and controllers sell their stuff for much more that Warthog is going to cost. If you can't afford it then go buy a Suncom on ebay and mod it with a Leo Bodnar controller.

Just don't act like TM is trying to rip people off because they're doing a noble thing by making a real HOTAS in the first place. Theres Saitek Evo Sticks and then there are Warthogs. Its not apples to oranges more like diamonds to oranges!

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't act like TM is trying to rip people off because they're doing a noble thing by making a real HOTAS in the first place.

Cor-rect. Same could be said about ED and A10C. Hope both live up to the hype and expectation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Always refreshing to be labeled because I will spend more money than you. Thats about as predictable as the internet gets.

Count yourselves lucky, I dont think I will get change out of $850 of my $$ where I live but thats just a fact of life over here.

Its not a fanboy thing though its a REPLICA controller thing, thats reason number one for high price. I should add that other than a cheap USB gamepad I've never owned a TM product (no fanboyism involved). I can see the Warthog HOTAS for what it is based on what everyone knows right now. TM is the only company I know of in almost ten years making off the shelf replica controllers anyways.

As for comments from many that say I'm not buying it at that price, duh! You wouldn't have bought it in the first place because you guys fit the X52, X65, G940 market not high end controller market. Its like you can afford a Honda Civic and are complaining that a Jaguar cost too much and you won't buy one (of course you wouldn't have). I have to say personally I fall under the Civic category (more like Used Hyundia) and do everything on the cheap. But some things are worth saving for and a Jaguar is one of them!

EDIT: Another quick example: I've ridden freestyle BMX (Flatland) for almost 10 yrs and have a BMX (20") bike with $2000 invested. Kids ask me all the time how much it costs and think they need a bike that expensive to perform the tricks I do. In reality I learned on a cheap bike and worked my up as I got better. This Warthog pricing scenario is similar you can sim with an X52 or you can use a Warthog, there are always different ends of the spectrum. My main argument isn't to say this controller isn't for poor people just that the pricing is in fact very fair in terms of simulation gear. Go to http://www.mycockpit.org and track down some of those guys vendor links. Some of these companies charge a first born child and kidney for things that aren't even as impressive as the Warthog. Hope I haven't offended anyone because thats not my intention.

HHF

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

....But some things are worth saving for and a Jaguar is one of them!

I hear you!

40 next year and apparently too young for a Jag :cry:..........so my lovely Wife says.

As for £340, little more than 2 years' Road Tax/week-end's alcohol and cigarette bill (student-days)/2 months' cigarette supply/coupla trips to Tesco.......the list goes on.

Hell, if the Saitek X65 sells for £300 I'm sure as hell not complainin' that I'm getting the Warthog for £40 more!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Got an email from amazon uk;

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"

Estimated arrival date: November 02 2010 - November 04 2010

Bah!

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Got an email from amazon uk;

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"

Estimated arrival date: November 02 2010 - November 04 2010

Bah!

If this arrival ate hold true, we have another 3 months to save and prepare, hopefully, DCS:A-10C should be arriving shortly afterwards.:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

As long as it's released and in stock so I can place my order in the new year so it's delivered just before I come back to the UK in Mid Jan it's all good. I plan on getting home, opening Warthog box and plugging into PC before I do anything else.

Ordered the TM MFDs this evening, so halfway there.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

With all the E3 news about DCSA10 and TM's Warthog I thought those details screamed dual release, as it would make for one hell of a package deal and close to Christmas is good too. I think I might have a idea to put on my list and everyone in the family can contribute LOL! And since I'm a New Years baby it can be a dual X-Mas/B-Day present. Man this is looking so bad now, I think I might be able to keep one of my kidneys!

Doesn't matter how much it costs, we always find excuse to get something we desire... An example of one of the most popular hoaxes in sale idustry... When you see the price for example £340 for the joystick you think, OMG £340! They must be MAD! NEVER! But if you see "Price before" £700 now redused to £340 you think OMG, that is so awesome! Must get it right now... Hurry, move out of my way people, can I have two, no three!

:smilewink:

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Depends how much it costs to make these things. The math works if the actual cost per unit is the same.

If you mean the actuall materials and manufacturing, I would guess it's less than half of the price. But how much do ones and zeros cost that make up the simulator? They cost nothing, yet the simulator isn't free (free as in the kind of free that everyone except one fat bearded guy thinks of when talking about a product).

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

As long as it's released and in stock so I can place my order in the new year so it's delivered just before I come back to the UK in Mid Jan it's all good. I plan on getting home, opening Warthog box and plugging into PC before I do anything else.

Ordered the TM MFDs this evening, so halfway there.

Thats fine, but don't forgot VAT is going up from next year!!!:doh:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thats hardly an unbiased statement Wags.

You have a business relationship with them, so your assessment by its very nature is influenced by that relationship.

Regardless, ultimately it will be the consumer who decides what it is or is not worth.

I am rather interested to see what kind of numbers it will be able to sustain after say 6 months.... I will probably get one, to go with all my other Hotas sets, but going to wait till its under 400, which is still pretty good money for this stick given the fact that there are no rudders. There is nothing new or radical here. Its a cast metal stick with a single hall sensor. Not an exact replica of the Apollo capsule's reentry controls :music_whistling:

550 is too much.

• Like 1

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

And thats a bit unfair telling someone that that has probably used all the hardware available, including this one which you have not, that he might not be honest in his assessment.

OK, I understand you don't value it at that price but who needs the excuses you have against the people who do?

Also, welcome to the world where the US $$ is not king, I am well used to paying in USD and after the currency conversion it costs a lot more. I reckon the euro guys think 400 euro's is prettty good.

sweinhart3 It appears that it has been pulled from the website, I guess the delay before release is too long, or it dawned on them that they will lose some money for postage with these first orders where the weight were set at 599 grams, and not 14 lbs.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Wags I was given a brief rundown on the TM Warthog by Steve Davies and he was also very positive (I asked about a comparison to the CH gear that I use now) I preordered it from the recommendations here and the articles at SimHq.

BTW welcome back, hope you're well Matt!

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

The virtual thunderbirds dude

:doh::doh::doh:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP