Hotas Warthog Priced

Thats hardly an unbiased statement Wags.

You have a business relationship with them, so your assessment by its very nature is influenced by that relationship.

Regardless, ultimately it will be the consumer who decides what it is or is not worth.

I am rather interested to see what kind of numbers it will be able to sustain after say 6 months.... I will probably get one, to go with all my other Hotas sets, but going to wait till its under 400, which is still pretty good money for this stick given the fact that there are no rudders. There is nothing new or radical here. Its a cast metal stick with a single hall sensor. Not an exact replica of the Apollo capsule's reentry controls :music_whistling:

550 is too much.

Is this a joke? Seriously?

Pardon me for sounding a bit crass. You're being, like a great deal of the people replying in this thread are, utterly ridiculous. Listen to reason, man! The fact is, it's all mere speculation right now aside from the literally glowing statements made by Wags and the other few that have had the opportunity to get their hands on this HOTAS. Without knowing anything real facts about the HOTAS itself, a great number of you have managed to effectively craft arguments ranging from "I could buy a real airplane for that kind of money!" to "I didn't like the Cougar so this one obviously couldn't be any different". Do you give any thought to what you're saying before you post these types of things? I, like most of you, have been burned multiple times when it comes to purchasing a HOTAS setup by the various manufacturers on the market. I have had an X52 all the way to a G940. A $550 investment that isn't the quality I would expect from a HOTAS with a price tag would no doubt hurt. Bad. Yet, I won't hide the fact that I'm excited for this stick. I am excited. What I will say is the arguments that I've seen downplaying the release of this HOTAS are utterly nonsensical. If it is true that "Wags" has a business relationship with Thrustmaster (which could be likely, however I'm not aware of any such relationship) then I wouldn't have a problem seeing something supporting this. But regarding your earlier statement of:

Regardless, ultimately it will be the consumer who decides what it is or is not worth.
Of COURSE it's up to the consumer to decide. Who said otherwise? Lest you've forgotten, reviewers are entitled to their opinions. There's no purpose whatsoever in quoting any reviewer if you're just going to slap a "it's up to the consumer to decide" onto their statements. Really? How about this. You say it's not worth $550. I would like to know how long you've used the HOTAS Warthog. Before you dig your heels in and start the age old argument of your various opinions on "value" and the like, answer this question without the use of any opinions, whatsoever. Stick to the few facts you have, please. I would also like you to know, "ultimately, it will be up to the consumer to decide what it is or isn't worth". Let's cover what little facts we have, here.

[*]Expensive - WE KNOW THIS. Everybody who has a pair of eyes and a brain to process this can see that the HOTAS Warthog. will. not. be. cheap. Thanks for pointing this out for the 200th time. Nothing new is being presented by saying it the 201st time. One could argue, that good things cost money.

[*]Multiple Months Away From Release - This. We do not know anything aside from a few brief statements from various people who have had the opportunity to give this HOTAS some stick time. Where one could argue that good things cost money, one could also argue that we know very little about it so it could just be a hunk of metal that well...costs money. We do not know.

[*]Quality Relatively Unknown - As many arguments as there are on the price of the HOTAS Warthog, there are also arguments of the quality. This is one of the arguments I feel is indeed worth discussion. As opposed to people's tired discussions of the electricity bills they forgot to pay last year, or the dentist appointment they've been meaning to schedule that would prevent them from buying Thrustmaster's latest development, this one really gets to the point of these discussions. How long is this stick meant to last? Is the craftsmanship of the HOTAS Warthog quality? Does the throttle stick? How comfortable does it feel using the idle detent?

It's all speculation at this point, and I hope that this post has made the relatively small number of you with their wits about them, consider this.

sweinhart3 It appears that it has been pulled from the website, I guess the delay before release is too long, or it dawned on them that they will lose some money for postage with these first orders where the weight were set at 599 grams, and not 14 lbs.

Staffan

Wha? It's still there.

Edited by Logite
  • Like 5

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not get your coffee today ?

Pointing out that there are economic interests at play is not out of bounds. Clearly you have difficulty with opposing points of view.

Right. Let's talk about the Warthog, shall we? If at all possible, I would prefer any discussion of the brand or flavor of coffee I consume not be a staple of the discussion we're having here.

If that is beyond your means and you don't have any more proactive comments to add to this thread there's always the option of not responding.

Wha? It's still there.

I sure can't find it at Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B00371R8P4/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Staffan

Edited by Danish_Squid

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

If that is beyond your means and you don't have any more proactive comments to add to this thread there's always the option of not responding.

You should take a long look in the mirror.

Maybe take your own advice ?

No one needs your approval before posting. :smilewink:

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

I keep hoping that I will be able to pre-order soon. I think it will be well worth it and simply can't wait to order. Obviously those that either can not afford it or think it is priced too high should not purchase it if you feel that strongly about it.

I bet that Thrustmaster is combing this thread right now so they can catalog all of the ways in which so many of the product, production, marketing and pricing experts that are not going to buy the TM Warthog could run their company better. This way when they release their next product they can use all of those ideas and sell millions. Yes that's it, I am sure they had not already considered all that is being debated here. :smilewink:

Out

Edited by PoleCat

I keep hoping that I will be able to pre-order soon. I think it will be well worth it and simply can't wait to order. Obviously those that either can not afford it or think it is priced too high should not purchase it if you feel that strongly about it.

I bet that Thrustmaster is combing this thread right now so they can catalog all of the ways in which so many of the product, production, marketing and pricing experts that are not going to buy the TM Warthog could run their company better. This way when they release their next product they can use all of those ideas and sell millions. Yes that's it, I am sure they had not already considered all that is being debated here. :smilewink:

Out

Hmmmm :dunno:

Personally, if I manage to get the funds I would consider the purchase it..and I don't understand why so much con's? Most con's for this is I can't afford it..well I say ... No one is making you buy it ... its called a choice...I choose to buy it if I have the cash for it..better yet I will buy it and offer it as a prize on one of our Tournaments soon to be held..it would be nice if TM helped and gave it to us as being sponsored..but worst senerio I will buy it..and add it as a prize along with the other prizes being offered up once we go to do our Tournament..

Again no one is forcing you to buy it..so why all the complaining. Not everyone likes TM and choose to go CH..or Saitek..even yet Logictech, its a matter of choice..

I like the TM and had one for over a year now and won't go elsewhere..:joystick:

Or are you just a forum " Hog " ?????

Edited by Bearitall

Protos amd Logite it's just a HOTAS when it comes down to. Yes an expensive one but a HOTAS. You guys should chill out and argue the real points in more constructive manner. We are a passionate sim community and we all get (myself included) a little too heated sometimes! Let's all have a beer!:beer:

^Good point Bearitall. Most complaints are based off the cougar issues, price or the fact it doesn't have an ancient port for simpeds. I completely understand unhappy Cougar owners they have every right to be skeptical of build quality. But the I agree with your views on the pricing complaints. Like I said earlier today. This Jaguar costs too much, count me OUT! It's not Jaguars fault they don't make affordable cars, they're a luxury car maker. Thrustmaster is one of the elite stick manufacturers, its really no different.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

Thats hardly an unbiased statement Wags.

You have a business relationship with them, so your assessment by its very nature is influenced by that relationship.

I am rather interested to see what kind of numbers it will be able to sustain after say 6 months.... I will probably get one, to go with all my other Hotas sets, but going to wait till its under 400, which is still pretty good money for this stick given the fact that there are no rudders. There is nothing new or radical here. Its a cast metal stick with a single hall sensor. Not an exact replica of the Apollo capsule's reentry controls :music_whistling:

550 is too much.

Wags has been pretty honest with the community since I've been around here and his opinion matters to me despite what the "invested interests" may be. ED won't be making any money on a TM hotas, they will be making their money on DCS series so he really doesn't have any responsibility to chime in on this thread at all. So far he's one of the few who have used it, so with a grain of salt of course his imput is worth more than yours (to me at least).

It really doesn't matter to me who buys this thing or doesn't, what's the point in justifying it either way? Our individual worlds will not be shattered because so and so from the ED forums pre-ordered vs that guy who thinks it's WAY too expensive.

People's consumer style varies...some people spend $5000 on a suit when they can get one for $250 (some who buy the expensive suits don't have a salary that can justify it). Regardless, they like how it makes them feel (or they've watched too many episodes of MAD MEN).

:joystick:

Guess being a 'ED Tester' makes one a real marketing/business expert .... time to burn that M.B.A of mine and shut down my businesses :music_whistling:

Last time I checked the defintion of Forum was: "A public meeting or assembly for open discussion."

Some people seem to be having a problem with that.

Logite your way angry dude.

Not everyone has to agree with you, nor do they need your permission to participate in a forum. Perhaps brushing up on your netiquette is in order.

Also not everyone who disagrees with you is "without their wits about them" indeed given the dismissive and condescending nature of your posts, it would seem they are more thoughtful, contemplative and circumspect.

+1 on someone who won't be buying till it goes to 400 or under.

As a cougar owner, I can certainly hold what I got, and unlike Protos, I don't buy Hotas for hobby or just one game. Will be looking to real world reviews .... till then the hype is just that HYPE.

Good luck with your purchase, but please don't attack others for holding back because of price.

• Like 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B00371R8P4/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

small-logo._V192199947_.gif

kailey-kitty._V192197191_.gif Looking for something?

We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

orange-arrow._V192197286_.gif Go to Amazon.co.uk's Home Page

Btw, this arguing is getting old. 16 pages of it and noone is bringing anything new to the argument. We know its expensive. We will know build quality when we've had one for 6 months and it's either falling apart or not. So either buy it or dont.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Xifos +1 Sir, I think you nailed it on the head.

I for one will admit I'm 75% on it already. The other 25% is reserved for real reviews after it comes out. I think one thing we can all agree on is that this will be the most exciting controller to come our in a LONG time! Whether your skeptical of quality or dislike the questionably high price it's still the baddest looking combat flight controller since the Suncom or early Cougar days.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words.

I am excited about it too. But I agree with Protos, that 550+ is too much.

Plan on following his advice and waiting it out a bit. Every new Hotas is ridiculously overpriced, but they all come down eventually (some sooner than others of course).

Going to his house is like Hotas Heaven :joystick:

Tend to agree that it will find its level at around 400 so not in a hurry.....

Now if Thrustmaster would make some RCS Rudder pedals with toe brakes I might do a little fanbois slurping myself. Got to try those out at Pro's along with some simpeds and was blown away. :thumbup:

i hope its going to be less than or equal to 400$, but if it is 550$, i ain't going to complain because from what i understand, the A10C CH products military solution is like 1,000$ ...

The CH is not for the general audience it is for military costumors.

Debby from CH stated that there will be no new sticks for the general market from CH this year.

That swayed me for the TM stuff, with regard to being biased, I strongly believe that SimHq wouldn't do a whitepaper for any company (Look at the Whirlwind over Vietnam review), just because someone gets a preview copy of something doesn't mean that the person testing it will be thrilled.

I also have no doubt that Matt and several others here would not hesitate to comment on any issue with such a HOTAS.

I'm kinda stunned that some people pull the fanboi card...

Thrustmaster (Or rather Guillemot entertainment) is a privately owned company, the owners or shareholders are offcourse interested in making a profit and also covering R&D + manufactoring costs, this would include salaries for staff and the likes, that requires a steady cashflow. also many compare it directly to the Cougar, thats ok I guess as long as the ones doing that remembers that the Cougar is a single throttle previous gen joystick.... (Warning bad analogy coming)... Hell a Mosquito can't be more expensive that a Spitfire they both use the Merlin engine!

Apples and oranges

Staffan

• Like 1

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

whats the price gonna be in USD? The virtual thunderbirds dude on here said it wouldnt be 500 dollars US

To piggyback on Panther's response to that... :doh:

No Virtual Thunderbird member has mentioned ANY price here or anywhere else, period.

Btw, where is everyone getting their info from? TM's website has said what it says for ages and the price is NOT final... the reason is, AFAIK the MSRP hasn't been determined, yet!

Joint release... well, since this is the ED Forums... ask them if DCS: A-10C will be out this fall...

This thread is out of control... :doh:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Lawndart according to the TM website: this is a copy & paste... Authentication confirmed of acquisition parameters at €399 following the prescribed plan of action.

Price on Amazon.co.uk (untill it was removed) about £360 (For a danish costumor)

So there is plenty of opportunity to make assesments, but as you said no MSRP for the US.

Staffan

Since the begining of the time, forum users were "demanding" things like "G-cloud", "animated ground crew" and other "adding to the reality" features which will eventually lead the PC to choke on. In other words some serious (costly) rig upgrades will be needed in order to get all the "real" stuff running at acceptable FPS rate and the argument was something like "well, who cares, work hard get the good stuff so you enjoy the "real" stuff as the rest of us does". Then, not so long ago after BS was first released in Russia and then to the west, there was alot of "complains" on "how come Russian release is $20 buck cheapper?!!" What is $20 buck for so called "Worlds greatest economys"?... And now the saga continues with "Real sfuff which adds to the feeling" is being again to expensive...

This situation does remind me of this scetch by great scott Billy Connolly, where some of the forum community is a "womans" and DEVS as a "men". Check for yourself... :smilewink:

• Like 1

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lawndart according to the TM website: this is a copy & paste... Authentication confirmed of acquisition parameters at €399 following the prescribed plan of action.

Price on Amazon.co.uk (untill it was removed) about £360 (For a danish costumor)

So there is plenty of opportunity to make assesments, but as you said no MSRP for the US.

Staffan

My points are simply 1) TM's website has been like that for quite some time (several months) and it's cryptic to say the least; 2) While I'm not one to determine the MSRP nor be the first to find out, I'm in contact with TM people "in the know" almost on a daily basis and AFAIK the final price hasn't been determined, yet... and; 3) I do have an educated guess where the USD amount will end up.

I can tell you the HW will be worth every penny and that my heavily modded Cougar (which has cost me way more than the HW will cost) is collecting dust in my closet. This is definitely a high-end controller, and yes it ain't cheap - but you get what you pay for!

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

LawnDart, I agree completely, I could have been a bit to fast on the trigger, but my comment was just meant in a constructive way.

Being a CH person up untill I preordered this Purdy stuff, I'm used to hight price, actually the Warthog will just cost me the equivalent of 2 cases of beer more than the Pro Throttle and the Fighterstic, which have naver given me any grief. My primary reason for getting the TM stuff is the dual throttle and the ease of configuration for DCS, and off course for the VRS F/A-18E where I really miss a dual throttle assembly.

Staffan

UK amazon site today (link for HOTAS btw);

small-logo._V192199947_.gif

kailey-kitty._V192197191_.gif Looking for something?

We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

orange-arrow._V192197286_.gif Go to Amazon.co.uk's Home Page

I Guess they are updating it. My pre-order stands and i havent had a "I.m sorry" email from them.

[A BRAINWASHED TM FANBOY]

[bRAIIINNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Noone said that the preorders were cancelled, mine stands aswell.

However there was an email stating that it won't be out untill early November.

Staffan

Yeah, I suspect they are just updating the page with more details.

Now that someone mentioned the theory that the relationship between TM and ED might surprise us with a Combo A-10 + TM Warthog deal, I am now paranoidly checking for updates in case i miss out.

Damn forums and their damn propensity for rumour mongering!

My iphone 4 has a perfectly good signal! .....hello....hello...hello

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals