Hotas Warthog Priced

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I fear my prone-to-violence-cop-wife: she's ALWAYS armed and a firm beleiver in "what happens in the field stays in the field". They would never find my body.

Sorry pal, next life maybe....:D

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

The TM website sux donkey b@lls for functionality.

I hope its the only thing that sucks at TM...

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

$500.00 US and not listed for sale on any major retailer anywhere. Not good. Less than 2 weeks before product launch and you can't preorder anywhere except some small shop in England?

I would't trust those smaller shops farther than I could kick them. They will probably sell dozens and are only alloted to recieve 2 sticks from TM. I bet there will be a bunch of pissed off people here in this forum shortly after the 20th. This happens every time with new product launches on computer hardware. At least with places like Newegg and Amazon they mostly don't sell more than they will get and then holdout their customers for a month while waiting for backorders.

I've been building PC's since the 386DX days and fell victem to BS marketing and lies several times.....Always pay with credit card and if you don't get your stick shorthly after the 20th cancel immediately and tell your CC company to block them from charging you.

For $500.00 and you still have to buy pedals to use it this thing better work flawlessly and last for 10 years with no failure.

As much as I want it I'm holding out until real reviews come in and reputable retailers have it in stock so you have some recourse if it is a $500.oo lemon.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

$500.00 US and not listed for sale on any major retailer anywhere. Not good. Less than 2 weeks before product launch and you can't preorder anywhere except some small shop in England?

Provantage has it....http://www.provantage.com/guillemot-2960720~7GUIL01L.htm

SPECIAL ORDER- 3-4 weeks after product come out, nothanks :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

The TM website sux donkey b@lls for functionality.

That's an understatement, Mower.

I do like the Provantage ad though:

"Only" $499.99. lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

SPECIAL ORDER- 3-4 weeks after product come out, nothanks :P

Dont let the boilerplate scare you!

4164OrizZ3L._SL500_AA300_.jpgJust did a search at Amazon they have this warthog right now...no waiting!:thumbup:
Edited by WarriorX
clean-up
  • Like 1

I would't trust those smaller shops farther than I could kick them. They will probably sell dozens and are only alloted to recieve 2 sticks from TM. I bet there will be a bunch of pissed off people here in this forum shortly after the 20th. This happens every time with new product launches on computer hardware. At least with places like Newegg and Amazon they mostly don't sell more than they will get and then holdout their customers for a month while waiting for backorders.

I've been building PC's since the 386DX days and fell victem to BS marketing and lies several times.....Always pay with credit card and if you don't get your stick shorthly after the 20th cancel immediately and tell your CC company to block them from charging you.

For $500.00 and you still have to buy pedals to use it this thing better work flawlessly and last for 10 years with no failure.

As much as I want it I'm holding out until real reviews come in and reputable retailers have it in stock so you have some recourse if it is a $500.oo lemon.

You must not be very good at using Google. :megalol: The warthog hotas has been on plenty of resellers pre-order lists for months now. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=hotas+warthog&hl=en&cid=13514028465026527545&ei=zquuTIvbJqaEygXqrJ2lBg&sa=button&ved=0CAkQgggwADgA#scoring=p

I know quite a few of us on the board have the pre-order here: http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=01100450100_BDE6442P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

They still have plenty of pre-order slots left. I have ordered from BLT before and they were great.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

• 2 weeks later...
HOTAS Warthog review posted on SimHQ

Can t ... acesss... at.... wooork!!!

Unfortunately, I fear my prone-to-violence-cop-wife: she's ALWAYS armed and a firm beleiver in "what happens in the field stays in the field". They would never find my body.

My gosh, I can't believe it. Though I have only been in this forum for a couple of short weeks, I thought it would be impossible to have something in common with Mower. ;) You've got a good woman there. Better keep her

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

I put in my amazon pre-order earlier this month (right after Coolts, Viper's, and CrashEd's unsuccessful attempt to budge amazon.co.uk).

Noticed a few days ago they have actually buckled into dropping the price by 10 quid (though I'm not really paying for mine anyway - beaucoup gift vouchers).

Just waiting for next weekend now when they should be rolling out of their dispatch warehouses.

As for why other retailers in the UK (except a small shop) haven't fanfared the arrival with pre-orders.. I don't know about you, but ever since I left indepdent PC retail 15 years ago it has all been pretty low-key.

You'll find some stockists (or at that price, bought-to-order) sellers without any real difficulty, but if they don't big-up the launch that is just going to be fairly normal in my experience. Some may get their hands on them and then announce 'just in!' bulletins, but rare for pre-launch buzz.

Still undecided what I'm going to do about pedals, probably the current saitek offering (simpeds are a bit pricey, new saitek combat pedals are only vaporware for the forseeable time, owned some CH Pro peds about 20 years ago and they're ok but violent nad crushing I can do without).

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Yeah, I know what you mean mate, it all seems to be a bit low-key over here wrt the launch.

I also noticed that Amazon had dropped the price lol. From the email that I received, it sounded as though hell would freeze over before they dropped it! Maybe they haven't had that many pre-orders? I cancelled my order with them as soon as I got that email and went with Flightstore. They are the same price and have an earlier delivery date. I just hope they can deliver as promised. Monday is the big day with those guys - it can't come sooner!

I'm sticking with my Saitek Pro Gamer rudder pedals for now. It's a shame Simped don't make a USB set of pedals that have proper brake axes, otherwise I would have a set now. I may go for the new Saitek rudder pedals if the ever materialise.

Edited by CrashEd