Hotas Warthog Priced

Had to get something so got one of these.

I like the price point on that. Maybe Amazon was told to remove the Warthog until TH has finalized the price. Any indication whether the US release will be simultaneous, or will it follow as with the MFD's. BTW MFD's are now USD 52 on Amazon UK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, it will cost what it costs....people posting thier marketing credentials or opinions of what they hope it costs are not going to change anything. I can give all sorts of reasons gas should cost less than $2 per gallon but when I go to the gas station its still $3.

What I DO wish for is........a patch for Black Shark and FC2 to give them the same type of plug & play functionality with it as the A10. Or at least, a professionally made profile by ED/TM staff to let us get the most out of the stick without having to spend hours and hours making and tweaking and testing profiles....that would certainly be nice.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

At the end of the day, it will cost what it costs....people posting thier marketing credentials or opinions of what they hope it costs are not going to change anything. I can give all sorts of reasons gas should cost less than $2 per gallon but when I go to the gas station its still $3.

What I DO wish for is........a patch for Black Shark and FC2 to give them the same type of plug & play functionality with it as the A10. Or at least, a professionally made profile by ED/TM staff to let us get the most out of the stick without having to spend hours and hours making and tweaking and testing profiles....that would certainly be nice.

MD

Well said. when A-10 comes out with plug and play for the TM hog, can you imagine going back into FC2 and spending a fortnight getting the controls to work? mind you, if the new software is as good as it looks, it might be a pleasure.

Besides for ED to do a profile for a TM stick......(there is a bit of "its yours", "no yours" going on there). At least with DCS:A-10 ED can say "thats the button you press on the real A-10.

As as side note, I have never found an "official" profile that i stuck with, so i will tweak it anyway. born fiddler me. :joystick:

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Whell, the Warthog is a hardware designed, builded and priced as the BEST HOTAS out there. If it will the best, it will be up to each person, since its a subjective motter.

As for the price, considering the quality and market of the hotas, i dont found it as high as lot of people here does. And this come from a person who lives in a country where the average salary might be around 14000 dolars a year, or less.

With all the previews and opinions i read from people that had the oportunity to use it, and i consider they have a serious aproach on this motter, they all talk very very good about the Warthog, so its the first HOTAS that i think its worth buy to replace my BELOVED moded Cougar.

I had the Cougar for six years, and had to modded it because of the pots problems, and it was a huge money sacrifice for me to spend (the cougar and the mods), but it was worth it and i don´t regret it. I´m considering on buying it the Warthog because i played flight simulators all my live, and it seems to be made with such a good quality that make the money sacrifice worth it, even if it will cost me to sell my X52 (have it as back up) and my beloved Cougar and consider the Warthog as one birthday and two christmasts presents.

As someone made the comparisson, is like buying a jaguar but for flight simulation market. The diference is that noh motter how many sacrifices i make, i can not buy a jaguar, but i can buy the warthog. Its the only hobby i have left, so i its worth for me to spend the money as a personal luxury, is one luxury i can make. :)

Of course, unfortunately i will be forced to wait several months to see if the hotas does live up to the expectations and does not requiere any modding later on, for budget limitations. :(.

Sure, wait till the reviews are out. If the financial outlay means a few months of sacrifice then it stands to reason that you should be sure of the benefits that such a sacrifice should bring.

This holds true in all things really. I want an iPad, but for all their seductive charms, they are just too limiting and too expensive for what they do, (and do well), to make sense to me. I don’t go on apple sites and rant about Steve jobs fanboys though, nor slag my workmates for having them ;)

To be honest, my pre-ordering is based on a few points;

Those who have tested it have all praised various technical points which add up to a convincing whole, (not just “its shiny and lush”). ergonomics, authenticity, flexibility, accuracy, weight, build quality, software flexiblility and scope, ease to use, fast setup, good support.

The. Most. Buttons, switches and hats. Ever.

I have read other posts from these people and respect their opinions on these matters, (as being far more experienced than me in the flight sim world).

Pre-ordering now forces me to budget for the 2-3 months before release. I know I won’t spend that money on beer, curry and boys toys because I can’t. It’s booked.

The price is high, but not relatively higher than any other high spec item in its particular market. And a £40 price hike in TEN years over the Cougar given the current financial market is actually very good IMO. How much were cars ten years ago? How much was beer?

Its my hobby and bollocks to anyone who tries to tell me what i should or should not spend my money on. I earnt it.

If it turns out to be a massive disappointment then who will I blame? Me of course. :smilewink: (before sending it back to Amazon and dusting off my sulking Cougar)

Edited by coolts
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Yours included!

And welcome to the internet!

:lol::megalol::lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Babu your social skills are admirable...you must have about 100 new "fans" right about now :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Babu your social skills are admirable...you must have about 100 new "fans" right about now :D

Judging by his avatar's stretched neck, it has been choked more than a few times. ;)

I see his point, of course..., but that is part of what you get when you have forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Here's a Red-Hot Deal for all you Hog-Naysayers :D

Original RRP: $1055-00

Sales Price: $760-00

And the Kicker: Get a free wet-Wipe dispenser with complementary 100 wipes......Get them while they're hot :thumbup:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAITEK-Joystick-Control-System-Dispenser/dp/B003LXUQQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280420023&sr=8-1-spell

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yours included!

And welcome to the internet!

+1, :megalol:

I agree with Babu though, a lot of nothing has been communicated in this thread.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Hmmm, torn between waiting for the Warthog and the X65F.

Dispite being disapointed with the Cougar I'd still consider it. I just hope the stick isn't as huge as the Cougar, and more importantly, the springs aren't as stupidly stiff.

In fact, springs give the wrong feel for flying, one of the reasons I'm really interested in the X65F.

Well you could get some flight gloves - real pilots wear them after all. I got some proper driving gloves for this year's tour of the Alps and I might start using them for simming.

Oh dear.

I've gone too far haven't I.

Edited by kaiserb_uk

small feet, small....

:megalol:

Negative! Small Feet HUGE.........

Stands to reason - nothing grows in the Shade.......:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well you could get some flight gloves - real pilots wear them after all. I got some proper driving gloves for this year's tour of the Alps and I might start using them for simming.

Oh dear.

I've gone too far haven't I.

Of course you haven't. I want to get a flight suit and bone dome when my A-10 pit is done.:D:joystick:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly