Hotas Warthog Priced

Well, the stick is of the same size because they are equal, or almost equal. Both on the thrustmaster hotas and on the real aircrafts.

It really helps to have the stick mounted lower - down near lap - level.

If you're flying with the sticks up at shoulder height...that can get tough.

Although it was a little odd when we flew the demo in the SCS pits at the Warthog launch event. I'm used to flying with the stick off to my right (F-16 position) and a bit higher than they were.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but seriously, guys, we all are buying TW, some immediatly and more expensive, some latter and cheaper, some second hand, eventually we all gonna be TW-hoged to the teeth, so what is all this debacle about? Price still gonna be as it's gonna be. On the other hand we just killing the time until A10C is being developed, so what the hell!

I think, TW price is not nearly high enough! :smilewink:

By TW I assume you mean the HW. :smilewink:

I just hope the stick isn't as huge as the Cougar, and more importantly, the springs aren't as stupidly stiff.

In fact, springs give the wrong feel for flying, one of the reasons I'm really interested in the X65F.

It's replica... i.e. same scale as the real thing.

Secondly, it doesn't have gimbals like the Cougar did and the feel is well... Read this hands-on preview of the HW wrttien by Ray from the Virtual Thunderbirds and check out these videos with Ray in the ACES II seat for an idea of the fulid movements of the HW.

YouTube - SimHQ at E3:

YouTube - SimHQ at E3:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Not until you strap on the Piddle Pack.

You haven't seen my DEUCES-II porta-pit. :D

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Not until you strap on the Piddle Pack.

Hey, if you're in the middle of a long mission, the bathroom's on the other side of the house, and you can't pause the game...............:music_whistling:

Edited by Avilator
typo

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Thats altitude hold is for LOL! Roll/Alt hold when you need to circle for a longer bathroom break!

...and that's what we call for "target practice" for the rest of us!!! :v: :laugh:

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

...and that's what we call for "target practice" for the rest of us!!! :v: :laugh:

Not if there's good air cover!:D:lol:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

So basically this thing comes out in October?

Amazon:

1 item - delivery estimate: 31 Oct 2010 - 1 Nov 2010

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So the only way to pre-order is through Amazon, and it is EU only?

Usually SimWare (http://www.simw.com) and 'a dealer lot

established and updated.

will probably be one of the first distributors in Europe to

Pre-Order commercialize.

Sorry for my english....google traslation :smilewink:

Edited by Nightmare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Relax, there are no preorders for the rest of the world either, Amazon.uk removed the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog listing, and cancelled all the taken orders (I believe). They wrote this to one customer on SimHQ:

"Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC"

Estimated arrival date: November 02 2010 - November 08 2010

So it looks there could be a combined offering before Christmas, DCS: Warthog + Thrustmaster Warthog. :)

So it looks there could be a combined offering before Christmas, DCS: Warthog + Thrustmaster Warthog. :)

Great!

Fantastic perspective :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

It looks great, and as a PC HOTAS controller freak, its great to see TM back.

However, my experiences of the post "original" Buzz Hoffman lead TM, to the French based company were bitter sweet ... I owned several TM HOTAS's before the Cougar, but in many ways the Coug was a big let down for me.

For sure it looked fantastic on the outside, but the internals were very weak, poor pots, mis-allighned switches, the gimbal mechanism was very poor too, with several entrepreneurs making massive improvements ... Evenstrain, anyone?

James Hallows Foxy software was awesome though.

I've already got far too many PC HOTAS controllers, with the Saitek X65F being my most recent purchase ... But I'll be watching this space with interest.

Relax, there are no preorders for the rest of the world either, Amazon.uk removed the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog listing, and cancelled all the taken orders (I believe).

Nope preorders are still active, it could be the wrong weight they quoted for postage (a little more than a pound) or they could have sold all they could get. I have no idea what the reason is, but my preorder stands and it will be shipped on Oct. 28th or 29th according to the mail I received.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

This thread just goes on! :P

There's a lot of speculation and it's quite entertaining to read, but I will say this much: Amazon or anyone else does not have any HW "in stock" or a limited number etc.

If everyone keeps wishing for a nice Xmas, don't be disappointed if Xmas happens to come earlier this year. Feel free to speculate on that, because as with everything else in this thread it's based on no facts... Or is it? ;)

This thread just goes on! :P

There's a lot of speculation and it's quite entertaining to read, but I will say this much: Amazon or anyone else does not have any HW "in stock" or a limited number etc.

If everyone keeps wishing for a nice Xmas, don't be disappointed if Xmas happens to come earlier this year. Feel free to speculate on that, because as with everything else in this thread it's based on no facts... Or is it? ;)

zzzzZZzzz

Lots of people have found out that its going to pop in November. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that its going to drop with the game and that the two companies are working (smartly) for a synergistic launch.

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

zzzzZZzzz

Lots of people have found out that its going to pop in November. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that its going to drop with the game and that the two companies are working (smartly) for a synergistic launch.

Pure speculation. Noone ever even said that DCS:A-10C was coming out this year. Some hinted that its being targeted for end of year release but noone has confirmed that to my knowledge.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart