Old Falconeer

rweaves6

lol I win Zelda 1981, tandy, i think it was.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

PAH! PONG on Binatone home system had amazing fluid "paddle" control HOPAP (or Hands on paddle and paddle) . Not very good landscape though. Or clouds.

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=3&c=1035

very realistic "white-line" flight model perfectly captured the real feel of PONG

Many real PONG players preferred the dynamic "ball" campaign system and persistent scoring.

And check out those switches! Eat your heart out TM Warthog!

SWITCHES Game selection and player options (power, speed, bat size, angle, serve, sound)

Splinter groups ruined the great PONG community and gave rise to abominations like ARKANOID, (shudder), which, though featuring better landscape graphics, failed to run on more moderm Binatone systems with NVIDIA white lines.

DAVEK1979 - loved the speccy joysticks the best. Had my Kempston for years. Till my Amiga 500

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

had pong too, 1976?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

My very first game was Jet set willy, on Timex 72K in 1981, sort of compatible with spectrum (some games would crash on load).

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

F119 stealth fighter in 16 colors loaded by a huge 5.25 floppy? <3 my very first true flight sim :P i also had one on c64.. where you try to land a passanger plane... aaaw the epicness of old school graphics :P

but the very first sim i truly fell in love with was the good old strike commander

Chuck Yeagers Flight Sim for the C64 :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Before Elite on the BBC Microcomputer, the first real sim I played was Spitfire 40 on the C64, followed by Ace of Aces:

Not sure of the year they came out, late 80's i'd guess.

Then it was on to F16 Combat Pilot and F16 Falcon on the Amiga.

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/did-1992-amiga-f-16-combat-pilot/g5LsdRX0tMNoa_Bc_44UrQ

Happy days! :)

• Like 1

but the very first sim i truly fell in love with was the good old strike commander

I still have it. And it is the base idea behind my flight groop. :D

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Before Elite on the BBC Microcomputer, the first real sim I played was Spitfire 40 on the C64, followed by Ace of Aces:

Not sure of the year they came out, late 80's i'd guess.

Then it was on to F16 Combat Pilot and F16 Falcon on the Amiga.

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/did-1992-amiga-f-16-combat-pilot/g5LsdRX0tMNoa_Bc_44UrQ

Happy days! :)

lol Iron eagel movie snips.

I still have it. And it is the base idea behind my flight groop. :D

Just curious; is it me, or does that magazine say July 2011?

Mind you, I never played Strike Commander, so if it's a moot question, I wouldn't know :)

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

@ The OP: Have you tried flying the shark on a FC2 server? They are online-compatible, and working together with other sharks and a few frogs (for example) with fast movers battling it out overhead in the superb missions the community churns out can be quite amazing! Teamspeak makes it even better.

Edited by Udat
  • Like 1

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just curious; is it me, or does that magazine say July 2011?

Mind you, I never played Strike Commander, so if it's a moot question, I wouldn't know :)

-Z

The game was made in 1992 by Origin. The 2011 you see is just a little tidbit from what the desiners thought life would be like in 2011. With oil disapering betwean 2011-2020 only the ultra-elite would use oil. Mercenary squadrons will consume about 25% of the oil reserve in an effort to aquire more oil. Alowing mercenares to be able to fly more missions and make more money. The book has 30 pages on the editors thought on how the world will be in 2011. Some are true and most are not. But we have not reached 2020 yeat have we.

One of the adds in the book depict a Iron fist holding cash. To the right of the Pic. is this caption

"WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Sure, you think you've gotten away with cheating on your taxes. No one's come around. What the hell - right?

We at the IRS know who you are. Every one of you. We know where you live - and where your kids hang out, too." :helpsmilie:

That sounds like the USA to me in 2011. :cry:

The game was great to play and loads of fun. And has proven to be a great idea for a flight groop. It adds a little Ocrap to a mission when you crash your bird and have to buy a new one. It does make you think a little diffrent when you fly.

I have had new guys come in and have sweaty hands after a mission due to the stress of staying in the air and alive. Also you don't just waist weapons Vickers on any target you pick out the juicy ones and shoot the rest up close. :D

Edited by CAT_101st

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

Here are some tips for future reference:

"desiners" is actually spelt "designers"

"disapering" is actually spelt "disappearing"

"aquire" is actually spelt "acquire"

"Iron fist" is usually "Iron Fist", since it is a proper noun

"Pic." should be "pic." since it is not a proper noun (its a pro-noun in this case)

"groop" is actually spelt "group"

"Ocrap" is usually spelt "tension" (maybe "oh crap!" in crass company)

"diffrent" is usually spelt different

"waist" is usually spelt "waste" for the case you are using it in

"Vickers" is an English aircraft weapon manufacturer, the Russian weapon is rendered "Vihkr" in English.

Everyone makes spelling mistakes, so no problem, but you might want to consider re-reading your posts to check for errors - particularly if you don't want your post to look like a drunk lolcat wrote it.

Native english speakers can translate but poor spelling makes it unnecessarily hard for people from other countries where english is their second (or third, or fourth...) language.

Apologies for being a 'grammar nazi', but real pilots can read well, spell well (write an ambiguous order and people die), and do a lot of (basic) maths in their head (while flying). Something worth working at in the real world for everyone.

• Like 3

Actually, the spelling on "ocrap" is correct, since it's an onomatopoeia. :P

That said: Moa, have you heard about dyslexia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

What is easy for you may not be as easy for others, and I have no issues parsing that type of "mispellings" anyhow in spite of the language being my second. The mispellings are based on the pronounciation, so there's no difficulty.

Seriously, there's better things to do on a forum than to be a grammar nazi. That's a dangerous profession:

;)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There was 1 thing wrong with strike comander...the AMRAAM sucked. :D

My PC specs below:

PLayed and finished Strike commander. really loved that game. Too bad chris Roberts is out of business.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

hes not, hes making movies now. His last was outlander. yeah they are all crap, he might as well kept making some more commander games, where he was good at.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

Apologies for being a 'grammar nazi'

Well now that all depends upon what browser you are using. Firefox checks for spelling, IE does not. At work IE is all I have and I cannot be arsed at times to go back make small corrections. :P

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Sory that I can not spell for you. But dyslexia is a very real thing and I fight with it every day of my life. no amount of schooling can fix it. I just proces word diffrently. I have no problem reading thing as long as I do it 3 times. My job does not require me to spell, Just be a good problem solver witch I am very good at. My last IQ test was around 140. And no it was not a internet test it was a test given by the state of CA. It is a wonder that I don't wright backwords.

I don't take any offince to your post I am use to people correcting me, not knowing I have a problem with words. Just keep in mind not every one is normal.

You should see Cat's missions, we have to fly backwards! Extended 6DOF mod is required just so you accurately fire flying in reverse!

J/K Cats a good guy and great company real or virtual. Its just not cool to go after grammar on a board anyways! If bad grammar bothers anyone that much the last place they need to be on is a BOARD LOL!

CAT_101st, I apologise unreservedly. I did not know you had dyslexia.

> You should see Cat's missions, we have to fly backwards! Extended 6DOF mod is required just so you accurately fire flying in reverse!

LOL!

I did not mean to cause offense and I'm very relieved that CAT_101st is philosophical about it.

> J/K Cats a good guy and great company real or virtual. Its just not cool to go after grammar on a board anyways! If bad grammar bothers anyone that much the last place they need to be on is a BOARD LOL!

I have no doubt Cat's great, and I did not mean to imply otherwise. However, it is a common courtesy to attempt to spell well (unless you have extenuating circumstances like Cat) and the defect density in Cat's post was so high it seemed something wasn't right (usually it is sloth but in Cat's case it is a perfectly legitimate reason). Sometimes a bit of prompting can cause the willing to progressively improve their writing (heaven knows it has helped me), and my intent was for a positive outcome.

So, apologies to all for being uncool (honestly, you wouldn't have heard a peep from me if I'd known about Cat's condition). Again, no offence was intended to anyone so I regret any was taken. If you re-read my original post it was meant to be a gentle correction in the hope of improving someone's standards, but clearly I misjudged it as it was mis-interpreted by all who read it. The lesson learnt was by me :) All the best, Moa

Edited by Moa
  • Like 1