Two F-15 questions

I have been learning the F-15 for a while now and I have some questions.

1. Is there a way to tell when my AIM-120 starts using it's own radar and no longer needs the aircraft's one to guide it?

2. Why sometimes in multiplayer when I lock onto someone he appears hostile and gives me a launch authorization but when the missile hits him it turns out to be a teamkill? (the target was not using ECM).

1. When you launch it should give you a timer in the bottom left corner of your hud that looks like M 24 36. That's 24 seconds to pitbull ( your missile is tracking the target with it's own radar) and 36 seconds to impact est.

2. It means that your 120 most likely locked a friendly that was near your intended target. If he breaks lock with your missile it still searches out another target.

1. Is there a way to tell when my AIM-120 starts using it's own radar and no longer needs the aircraft's one to guide it?

On the radar display after missile (AIM-120) lunch you can see timer preceded by M.

przechwytywaniep.jpg

This timer is counting to zero two times. First countdown shows when missile will use own radar.

2. Why sometimes in multiplayer when I lock onto someone he appears hostile and gives me a launch authorization but when the missile hits him it turns out to be a teamkill? (the target was not using ECM).

It happens sometimes when your missile lose target and friendly aircraft is in missile radar cone.

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

I've been wondering this myself.

Now for another question, what about the R77s the MIG29S carries ?

How do you now when the R77 goes pitbull and you can break off for evasive action ?

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

So there is no way to know when the R77 goes pitbull ?

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/