"Horizon Stripes" fixed. On ATI Card

RichardG

I fixed a wierd shimmering stripe artifact that was visible at long range on the horizon and distant hills/ ground. I changed the ATI Catalyst Anti-aliasing filter from Box to Wide Tent.

Thought it might help someone out there.

I fixed a wierd shimmering stripe artifact that was visible at long range on the horizon and distant hills/ ground. I changed the ATI Catalyst Anti-aliasing filter from Box to Wide Tent.

Interesting. I need to try that when I return from the bussines trip.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Does not fix it for me, using Catalyst 10.7. The only fix I know is turning off the cloud shadows.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

Google is your friend. ;)

http://www.checksix-fr.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The side is in french?

But anyway i found it i think, so modman is a mod installing utility i take it?

I downloaded another CLOUDSHADOW.zip file and it contains a dds file, i guess thats for use with the tool?

Dammit sometimes i miss my playstation.

Apparently modman dont reconize my black shark folder located under steamapps\common\dcs blackshark

anyone who knows why?

OK think i got to work now. with the NoCloudShadow that Nate linked. Yep never looked better.

Thanks alot to everyone :)

Edited by Lio

And I cant figure out the modman thing. I have the nocloudshadows file, I have modman installed, but nothing tells me how to marry the two to get it installed into the game. Its pretty archaic really.

Just figured it out. I'm not a 'tard! I'm not a 'tard! :smartass:

Edited by RichardG

I'm not a 'tard! I'm not a 'tard! :smartass:

Just keep telling yourself that:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Hey RichardG

Make sure you got Modman 7.3.0.0

1) Open Modman. Select DSC:BS if it ask you, i think it do. If it freaks out becausey our on windows 7 ignore it.

1a) Modman opening menu click "Mods Installer"

2) In the top row of buttons click "Add" and select the noCloudSHadow.zip file.

3) A picture should now show in the box to the right and above the picture click the "Install !" button. it should now be installed as Package Type: Landspace Texture.

4) press the "EXIT" button and say Run Game from the modman opening menu.

If it for somereason dont work and you are on windows 7 we can talk about that xD but windows 7 security is arcane to say the least.

Edited by Lio