New Cougar Throttles Blowout Sale

S~!

In case some of you are interested, I found and bought one of these. US $49.99 + $13.25 UPS Ground. Damn good price.

New in the box. Should be mighty fine addition for someone who is going to get the Warthog Hotas. (can add in for flying F16 viper)

Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290451958675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

%21BvDUJm%21%212k%7E$%28KGrHqN,%21g8Ev1+0CFlIBMC-QONkOQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

AFAIK it only helps you if you have a Cougar Stick.

The TM Warthog uses a separate USB-connection for each device. I doubt they will have ports for auxiliary devices like the Cougar.

I doubt you can connect a Cougar-Throttle to a gameport or gameport-USB-adapter. Even if you can, directly connecting the throttle to the PC, you won't be able to program it, as the complete hardware for programming and saving the programming is in the Stick.

So this is a good offer, if you e.g. have your throttle broken or plan to have a bunch of parts to make your Cougar life longer.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Looks more like a COM interface to me, the 15 pin gameport connector right next to it is bigger by about half again. If the Warthog comes with the same type of connector you might be able to switch throttles, but I woudn't bet money on it, tbh.

It's a 15pin gameport plug (analog), but AFAIK they only chose this connection because it is a standard format. They did the same for the connector between base and stick. They used a PS/2-connection there, but as with the gameport, I doubt you can connect your stick to a PS/2-port and expect it to work as some valid device.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Throttle connects to Joystick

Joystick connects to PC via USB :thumbup:

Yes I know that was why I posted, if there is no joystick to connect to the PC then the throttle it would appear is pretty much useless apart from used as a spare to hook up to an existing Cougar stick or broken down for spares. I don't see how it could be used with the forthcoming Warthog HOTAS.

I've been flying a Warthog for a few months, and a Cougar for 5-6 years. I'm basing this post on the current pre-production unit and the expectation that there are no big changes (and possibly no changes at all, hardware-wise) between what I have and the final product.

The HOTAS Warthog, as it stands today, has no provision for using that throttle by itself. The Warthog throttle and stick each have their own brain, each plugs into the computer via its own USB connector, and each shows as an individual controller in Windows Control Panel (scripting / TARGET software notwithstanding). To confirm Feurfalke's thoughts above, there are no other connectors at this time, and I'm under the impression that will not be changing.

The Cougar throttle plugs into the Cougar joystick unit via a 15 pin connector that is like a VGA connector (shaped like a 9 pin serial, but it's a 15 pin connector). While it is theoretically possible someone could build an adapter to allow you to use the Cougar's throttle without a Cougar stick, I don't believe any such device exists today. If such a device were available, it would not allow you to use Foxy or probably any other currently existing software because the Cougar's brains are entirely within the main stick base. When you write a script for the Cougar, it gets downloaded into the stick base.

Word is when the Warthog is released, you'd be able to program the Cougar functionality with the new software, but to use that throttle will require the main stick. I'd strongly recommend not buying the throttle from that auction unless you have a Cougar stick already.

Edited by Teej

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

The HOTAS Warthog, as it stands today, has no provision for using that throttle by itself.

Don't you mean Cougar? ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Don't you mean Cougar? ;)

No, I don't.

The OP wrote:

New in the box. Should be mighty fine addition for someone who is going to get the Warthog Hotas. (can add in for flying F16 viper)
I was confirming & clarifying that this is not accurate.
Edited by Teej
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Ok was confused for a sec, thought you were saying that the TM Warthog throttle couldn't be used by itself even though it has it's own connection and "brain". Didn't see it was using the Cougar throttle with the Hog stick.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Ok was confused for a sec, thought you were saying that the TM Warthog throttle couldn't be used by itself even though it has it's own connection and "brain". Didn't see it was using the Cougar throttle with the Hog stick.

I realize it's a rare thing for a forum thread to stay on topic for a full page, but that's what I was doing. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I know that was why I posted, if there is no joystick to connect to the PC then the throttle it would appear is pretty much useless apart from used as a spare to hook up to an existing Cougar stick or broken down for spares. I don't see how it could be used with the forthcoming Warthog HOTAS.

Throttle is not stand alone must have the stick for full compliance..looking back at my post I answered rather quickly sorry for that..the sale makes no sense in the fact that either they had many TM and most had unworkable Joystick, so were stuck with the Throttle..so let's dump these attitude was implimented..who knows maybe there are members with broken down throttle out there ..:doh: