Upgrade from 9800 gt ?

For DCS:BS and FC2 I don't think you'll find all that much of an improvement. I use the 9800GTX+, which admittedly has an edge, but even when I run it at stock frequencies I can run both with 16x AA and AF without impacting my framerates.

If you ware thinking about DCS:Warthog, it's too early to say.

If you are thinking about shooters and such mainstream games, yeah, then you might want to look at a new card. I myself is looking at the ASUS Radeon 5850 TOP, though at ~3300 NOK I don't know if that qualifies as "too expensive" for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'd go with the ATi HD5850 too. It's a great performer for its money and will give you a noticeable improvement over the 9800GT. However you must have a powerful CPU to allow the card to shine. And this goes for all new performance cards, not only this one...

As Rikus said there's also the GTX 460. It is supposed to compete against the 5830, but if you are going to get the 5830, you might aswell shell out for the 5850.

Think ill go for the Nvidia GTX 460 1 GB, thats within my price range, what brand is the one to go for?

I got a Ausus motheboard, so i guess the Ausus GTX 460 1 GB is the way to go?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]