1.1- Landing an F-18c on the CVN-70 problems

I got the meinit.xml humancockpit set to yes for the f-18c, but there are a couple of issues I hope someone knows how to fix, I can't find any good looking settings in the files I've searched so far.

The arrestor hook doesn't seem to work, and the carrier deck is not solid.

Thanks.

foot

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."

The sim doesn't have an F18 flyable. Even if you can get an F-18 skin by hacking the meinit.xml file, it's still not a real F-18 and none of the specifics will work - such as for instance the arrestor hook.

IMHO, the whole excersise is just a waste of time. If you want to do carrier ops, fly the Su-33 - the meinit hack won't give you a functional plane anyhow.

Sorry :-/

I saw the title of this post in the forum list.... and laughed straight away..

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

Well it is hardly a "hack" :)

Bigfoot209th,

Changing "HumanCockpit" to "yes" only provides you with a semi-functional plane(in v1.02 it didnt work at all) so although you can deploy some weapons with your "flyable" F-18C, it is really only good for screenshots and the like :)

- JJ.

JJ

That's not the f18 you're flying, it's the su27. F-18 on the outside, 27 on the inside, probably why you got no hook and can't carrier land

Oh pleeeeze...gimme a little benefit of the doubt, huh? Sheesh.

I was doing this in 1.02 for nice screenies and was just asking if anyone had run across a 'cvn-70, landabledeck=yes' or something.

You folks make ME laugh sometimes...so quick to put someone down. :icon_roll

------------------

Wingmen should pretty much stick to two radio transmissions, "Two." or "Sir, you're on fire."