DCS A-10C Screen Shots - 16 Aug 2010

Wags

Are you going to use the Tesselator in DX11? I always thought it was the potential holy grail for LODs in flight simulators...

You mean tessellation? Well if they are indeed going to the DX11 API then yes I would assume that you will see tessellation in action if you have a DX11 card.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my ATI 5870 for a few months now and I absolutely love it! This DX11 news makes me even happier about DCS A-10C, just when I thought that I couldn't be more ecstatic about it! Top that glee filled joy off with the soon to be released TM Warthog, and "By the Power of GreySkull", I will be in my own version of heaven...

Edited by Toadster
Grammar / Spelling... Don't worry, I speaks Gooder than I kan tipe!

Well, this helps me justify the money spent on some new parts for my rig! (i7 870, Radeon HD 5770, ect.)

This is looking quite amazing, loving the soft shadows. The lighting looks great too. Don't know much about DirectX11, but so long as it's backward compatible, I'm happy (not that I have anything to worry about)

This has me much more excited than the shark did. fingers crossed for a release this year.

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

awesome stuff thanks for the update.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Those screenies look Fantastic....

Looks like I'll try and save for a new rig........CPU/GPU/RAM.... my nice new Cavier black [2tb] is nice.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I should also note that I really enjoyed the inclusion of the CT paint scheme for the 103rd FW.

Greeting's from Connecticut :D

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

OMG! JADAMS, GBU10,12; Durandals? Wow!

Does this mean you guys are close to getting Ground Radar working for Strike fighters?

Those are very gorgeous details on this new Graphics addition. I cant wait to see the other aircraft with this new DX11. Especially BS.

Here's a BIG FAT :thumbup:

oh and welcome back.

I'm fearing my L-5 fusing. :cry:

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I concur I feel opengl is far more 3-D'ish than DX. At least I see distance more easily in opengl then DX.

Glad to hear about the upgrade to DX11, and the shots look great!

I'd be even more ecstatic about a switch to OpenGL4, but that'll never happen. :D

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

OMG! JADAMS, GBU10, Durandals? Wow!

Does this mean you guys are close to getting Ground Radar working for Strike fighters?

Those are very gorgeous details on this new Graphics addition. I cant wait to see the other aircraft with this new DX11. Especially BS.

Here's a BIG FAT :thumbup:

oh and welcome back.

I'm fearing my L-5 fusing. :cry:

Durandals? Where? Can the A-10 even carry them, outside of A-10 Cuba?

ah never mind it's a bomb-lets casing. I see training munitions too?

and what that new ECM pod? on pick #1?

and on the rear landing gear housing are those the actual flare and chaff dispenser area?

attachment.php?attachmentid=41679&d=1281991165

Edited by Mastiff

We are currently in the process of converting to DX11, so aspects of the game are not looking so great during this transition.

Huh. So my good looking is actually not looking so good? Just thinking out loud because those screenshots are yummy but Matt doesn't think so. :pilotfly:

I wasn't surprised about DX11. I didn't know but I wasn't surprised because ED have a habit about springing unannounced features on you. We hound them and critizise them then BOOM we get Flank 2.5 free. Been like this forever.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

in my neck of the woods.

http://www.ivpressonline.com/articles/2010/04/29/local_news/news05.txt

They look like BDU-33s to me, which match a slick Mk82. The smoke charge is so you can see where it lands not so you know where to recover it from. You can't reuse them, they deform after most impacts.

Very cool wags, thanks for the update.

Very nice!

-Wich specific features of dx11 are you going to use?

tessellation for terrain? multithreading? physics calculated through shaders?

-Will this dx11 engine bring any kind of optimization (quality and/or perfomance) for dx9 and/or dx10 graphic cards?

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Wags wrote when the game is looking good again. Note the word "again". I think there will be no dramatic visual updates, and the reason Matt doesnt want to post videos yet isnt because the game will look much better in DX11 but because some graphical effects are broken right now and it looks not so good anymore right now.

And them switching to dx11 does not mean they will use this or that dx11 feature, for example it doesnt guarantee they will use tesselation, so until they tell us what dx11 features the dx11 version will use, dont assume anything about particular dx11 features.

My point is the dx11 version will probably look and perform almost exactly like the dx9 version, and im saying this even though I have a dx11 graphics card, im just trying to be realistic. An engine switch this late in development has the risk of being just symbolic + bugs + instability. But hopefully someone at ED will tell us more about the changes, but until then realise this switch doesnt have to mean much at all for this release of DCSWH.

In a couple of other dx11 releases I have tried the dx11 version is so unstable I had to switch back to dx10 to be able to run it without crashes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Dont get me wrong I think this is GREAT news, but some ppl should calm down and be more realistic..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.