Sonic Booms In Western WA

636_Castle

Was taking a nap when I was rattled awake by a loud explosion and shaking. A few seconds later, a second one knocked a glass off of my window sill and rumbled everything in the house.

The latest news headlines say two F-15's flying from Oregon toward Canada have broken the sound barrier, however both the military and the FAA are saying they are still unsure what it was, and are "checking on it".

It was felt and heard anywhere from the Portland area all the way north of Seattle, over a 100 nm distance.

President Obama just arrived here too....I think those pilots are in deep trouble :music_whistling:

Anyone else in the Washington State area feel/hear it?

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

I think those pilots are in deep trouble :music_whistling:

Would think not......Latest has it that Jets were scrambled to deal with an unknown aircraft that entered restricted airspace.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Aaahh, yup I see that on the news now.

Two F-15s from the ANG's 142nd Fighter Wing were scrambled from Portand Intl. after a floatplane entered restricted air space. The plane landed outside of restricted air space before the F-15s could arrive, but triggered 2 sonic booms that set off alarms, shook and broke glass. Power was cut to the 911 system due to it crashing from an overflow of calls.

What I wanna know, is why there weren't fighters on standby at McChord AFB or KBFI. If a seaplane can enter restricted space, then land before the military can get to it, I highly doubt they could catch a well prepared and armed jet.

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

What I wanna know, is why there weren't fighters on standby at McChord AFB or KBFI. If a seaplane can enter restricted space, then land before the military can get to it, I highly doubt they could catch a well prepared and armed jet.

This civil seaplane entered the restricted airspace and leaved it to land. I don't know, how wide this restricted airspace was.

A military jet would not enter and leave, but enter and penetrate this airspace (deep), so the QRA Jets can intercept these threats.

The radius for such a restricted airspace should be wide enough, so that the QRA forces can scramble and intercept with enough space/ range.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]