MFD Cougar Bezel in sketchup

Aeroscout

Ok, so I know I'm probably one of the most detested and hated people on these forums, but maybe some people will find these useful?

So, I was bored one day, and instead of working of stuff that I really should have been working on for school, I decided instead to make these up incase they helped anyone out with sketchup models designing cockpits.

Using these dimensions, I made, in about a day, near perfect models of the cougar MFD in sketchup. Here are some pics.

cougarmfd.jpg

cougarmfdfront.jpg

Sorry, no stand or glass or anything fancy like that as those dimensions were not available to me and I do not actually own these (Though if someone would like to give me a cougar MFD pack or make a monetary donation, it would be greatly appreciated!:D)

Ok, one thing I should note. Going along with their whole "F-16 replica" thing, Thrustmaster had the most brilliant idea of making these MFDs with a screen size of about 11cm by 11cm (or about 4.25in by 4.25in) which, IMO, was a rather stupid move on their part. Nearly all other American military aircraft with similar 20-button displays are 5in by 5in, including the F-15C, F/A-18 and (*Gasp!*) the A-10C! But I guess everyone just has such a hard-on for the F-16, that it's justified? I don't know, but I would have perfered nice 5in displays to go along with their A-10C HOTAS. But I digress...

So, If you want this in the cockpit you're building or designing in sketchup, please feel free to use it, assuming you don't think it's tainted by my making it (Sorry). It's available in the Google 3D warehouse.

Will I be making any of these in the future? Probably not, as I'm really actually not that great with any sort of 3D modeling.

Enjoy

Aero

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Ok, so I know I'm probably one of the most detested and hated people on these forums

-Huh...?! I didn't know that?

So, I was bored one day, and instead of working of stuff that I really should have been working on for school, I decided instead to make these up incase they helped anyone out with sketchup models designing cockpits.

-Now that brings on a lot of mixed emotions mate.. :cry:

Because allthough I strongly recomend you choose to prioritize differently next time, I would like to add that you do seem to have a hidden talent in construction.

Will I be making any of these in the future? Probably not, as I'm really actually not that great with any sort of 3D modeling.

-LoL, And you're funny as well..!

Good work mate.. keep at it..!

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are carrying-on a long tradition of procrastination in acedemia ;)

Nice effort, BTW.

Rectum non bustus

Going along with their whole "F-16 replica" thing, Thrustmaster had the most brilliant idea of making these MFDs with a screen size of about 11cm by 11cm (or about 4.25in by 4.25in) which, IMO, was a rather stupid move on their part. Nearly all other American military aircraft with similar 20-button displays are 5in by 5in, including the F-15C, F/A-18 and (*Gasp!*) the A-10C! But I guess everyone just has such a hard-on for the F-16, that it's justified? I don't know, but I would have perfered nice 5in displays to go along with their A-10C HOTAS. But I digress...

Simply put, the F-16 pit builders community is much larger and more established than any other military jet in the sim genre. Besides, the bezels used on the A-10C are almost identical to the ones on the F-16C...

It's never not about the $. ;)

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

• 3 weeks later...
Simply put, the F-16 pit builders community is much larger and more established than any other military jet in the sim genre. Besides, the bezels used on the A-10C are almost identical to the ones on the F-16C...

I have a feeling that's about to change. And "Nearly identical" is not how I would compare them to those of the A-10 C. There is an extra rocker switch and a dial, in addition to being significantly larger.

Anyway, I have purchased the MFD cougar for my new setup here at college. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about their quality. But it's better than a keyboard. I would have liked to see some 5x5 inch ones though. The F-16 is overrated.

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices