Groove's OT Dump

Teknetinium

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it say?

That the US engineered an aircraft that could fly a long-range reconaissance mission at M3.2 non-stop, while aircraft that were supposed to give it chase routinely failed to intercept it?

Do you know that both forces use similar aerodynamics on their planes, depending on specifications handed down from the air forces?

Do you think that the avionics are not part of engineering?

In my opinion Russians been batter enginers while Americans been better programmers.. Good example is Mig-25/Mig-31 compere to Blackbird. I think that says it all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't think anyone is. I mean really, have you seen some of the source coming out of wherever :P

I would disagree too. Americans aren't good programmers at all :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What does it say?

That the US engineered an aircraft that could fly a long-range reconaissance mission at M3.2 non-stop, while aircraft that were supposed to give it chase routinely failed to intercept it?

Bad statement by Teknetinium(no offence for him),BTW i've never heard of mig 25 scrambled to intercept blackbirds(i'd like to know if happened).Additionally,SR 71s never flied over soviet union(at least officially).Sorry for the little off topic

Arg, I'll have to look for the incident reports again - of course, it may all have never (officially) happened, as you say.

Bad statement by Teknetinium(no offence for him),BTW i've never heard of mig 25 scrambled to intercept blackbirds(i'd like to know if happened).Additionally,SR 71s never flied over soviet union(at least officially).Sorry for the little off topic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Mig-25/31 could only sustain a speed of Mach 2.8 for a few minutes due to engine overheat while the Blackbird cruised at Mach 3.2 and an altitude of 80-85,000 feet (I believe this is above the operational ceiling of the R-33). So I'm sure that the Mig-25/31 could not effectively interrcept the SR-71.

P.S.

I expect GG to come in with a chart of the R-33's performance data in 3....2....1....

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

In my opinion Russians been batter enginers while Americans been better programmers.. Good example is Mig-25/Mig-31 compere to Blackbird. I think that says it all.

What makes you feel that way? How where the MIGs better engineer than the SR-71? Remember, SR-71 had a different mission than MIGs

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

In my opinion the Mig-25 overheating solution was something over the normal engineering, Much cheaper and good response for their economic capability. Americans thoth that Russians would never have the money, and they were right. But Russian enginers solved it whit what they had. VODKA!!!!

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

In my opinion the Mig-25 overheating solution was something over the normal engineering, Much cheaper and good response for their economic capability. Americans thoth that Russians would never have the money, and they were right. But Russian enginers solved it whit what they had. VODKA!!!!

Ok Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

F-35 has superior avionics compere to any Russian bird at the moment, But F-35s V-STOL solution comes from Yak-141 engineers.

F-15 has same air-dynamic schema as the Mig-25 not the black bird.

When Russians where making cobras in the air and bells. American engineers were scratching their heads.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

lol whut??? :huh:

The the engines powering the blackbird were hybrid turbojet/ramjet, the first of its kind and the plane CRUISED at mach 3.2 and not limited to mach 3 max or mach 2.8 safe limit like the migs. The Mig-25 never caught it.

Turns out the Americans retired the A-12 variant early due to cuts. Ever heard of this one?

Also did you know that until recently Russian engines MTBO was down to 500 hours while the western engines were at 2000-5000? And they had more thrust when comparing their sizes.

I think you need either read more or ask instead of claiming right away what your clearly lack in knowledge.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The F-15C's aerodynamics share some commonality with the MiG-25's, but the MiG-25 is a 5g aircraft with no real dogfighting provisions IIRC. The F-15C was designed as a single-seat fighter from the ground-up. The MiG-25 compromised everything for speed to intercept.

Oh, what a bunch of BS :) The Su-27 uses the same aerodynamics package as the F-18A in amny respects. The choice of particular instability for the hornet is likely different from the Su-27 for whatever reasons the designers decided it was necessary, which is why you do not see it performing cobras. You probably still wouldn't want to get in a scissors with an -18, even if you're in a flanker.

LOL again, Russians made it better 10 years earlier, F-18 is not as fast as Su-27 and F-15 is not as maneuverable :)

PLZ stop be such narrow about it. There is something that Russian birds have that Americans dont, so simple is that, then what is more effective to have is another story, witch dont belong to this discussion

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

LOL again, Russians made it better 10 years earlier, F-18 is not as fast as Su-27 and F-15 is not as maneuverable :)

PLZ stop be such narrow about it. There is something that russian birds have that Americans dont so somple is that, then what is more effective to have is anothere story.

It may be more maneuverable but does for e.g. the cobra have any real usage (apart from being a nice air-show maneuver)? Nope. There was an interview with some USAF pilots and they are were on the same opinion.

Tek what does departing symmetrical airframe boundary layer has to do with engine???

My PC specs below:

• ED Team

IIRC Mig-25s stationed in Brzeg (Poland) tried to intercept SR-71s flying over Baltic Sea back than.

• Like 1

MiG-25s might have tried to intercept Blackbirds, but that was never their primary role, nor the reason for their existance. 2,8 and even 3,5 simply isn't enough to intercept a target at 3,2. Heck, even 4,5 won't cut it if the other guy is going to turn around once you are airborn (and what other thing is the poor unarmed guy going to do?).

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Mig-25's never were used to their design objective: to intercept the B-70 Valkyrie. So they were used to intercept other aircraft and as a recce platform. They were mostly effective for psychological warfare too. That until Victor Belenko defected.

My PC specs below:

And they discovered.. what? That you don't need THAT much titanium to build a succesfull Mach3+ jet? That a jet that spends most of the time at Mach2+ is G limited (which isn't)? That the 10 year-old aircraft is outdated?

I don't know, was it a successful mach 3+ jet, or just under mach 3 successful jet? A lot of things were said about the MiG-25's speed, one of them being that you cannot exceed 2.8M without some problems.

The MiG-25 was of steel construction, which made it heavy. It was g-limited from the get-go, a 5g airframe.

You tell me what it told them. Back in those days, the MiG-25 was the boogeyman.

And they discovered.. what? That you don't need THAT much titanium to build a succesfull Mach3+ jet? That a jet that spends most of the time at Mach2+ is G limited (which isn't)? That the 10 year-old aircraft is outdated?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can go at 2,8 as long as there's fuel, and you can make excursions to above that, but you need to know the time limit.

It was G-limeted, but so-what? You ain't gonna do loops at that speed.

Mostly that their intel sux? :)