Groove's OT Dump

Teknetinium

Oh man, I miss the times where I could discuss these things with more knoelegeble people. wheres Alfa? Today poeple just post the first thing that comes to their mind without information and divert off topic when confronted. Sometimes I feel like beating the same old dead horse over again. It has been wearing me down... so dont feel surprised I dont come back to re-re-re-re-re-reply against same old ignorant posts...

Pilotasso, you have to reply, if only to keep "Grooves OT Dump" thread alive :)

But I can understand why you wouldnt want to reply, must get annoying repeating the same thing over and over again.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Oh man, I miss the times where I could discuss these things with more knoelegeble people. wheres Alfa? Today poeple just post the first thing that comes to their mind without information and divert off topic when confronted. Sometimes I feel like beating the same old dead horse over again. It has been wearing me down... so dont feel surprised I dont come back to re-re-re-re-re-reply against same old ignorant posts...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Haha cool thread!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• ED Team

I have facts. One fact for example was that there is a plane which was flying faster with externals than a Mig-25 or MiG-31.

Another fact is that the Mig-25 wasn't cooled with VODKA but industrial high grade alcohol.

Facts and opinion are not the same, im sure you know that. :thumbup:

There's a traveling version 80+%, more convenient for long trips, you just add water before drinking.. or not :D

Drinking 80%+ spirits is not convenient in any way, at least not by my standards :D

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Drinking 80%+ spirits is not convenient in any way, at least not by my standards :D

Convenience aside, it's a hefty Kick in the A$$ (google 'witblits').....something this thread needs judging by some of the posts :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Maybe, here helps the book "US-Spionage Flugzeuge" written by Hans-Jürgen Becker, published by Motorbuch Verlag.

It's a german book about the U-2, SR-71 and their operations over the Soviet Republic (and other states). There, you'll find stories (by pilots) and facts about russian intercepts.

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Maybe, here helps the book "US-Spionage Flugzeuge" written by Hans-Jürgen Becker, published by Motorbuch Verlag.

It's a german book about the U-2, SR-71 and their operations over the Soviet Republic (and other states). There, you'll find stories (by pilots) and facts about russian intercepts.

kind regards,

Fire

Direct overflights of soviet soil by SR-71s but than declined by the US President. The threat of SA-2 missiles and the political impact of such overflights stopped that plans.

I don't think SA-2 was ever a real threat to the SR-71 according to some of the stuff I've seen. The SA-2 footprint was shrunk so much by the SR-71's speed that the SR-71 only needed to turn a few degrees to be outside of the SA-2's attack zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
I don't think SA-2 was ever a real threat to the SR-71 according to some of the stuff I've seen. The SA-2 footprint was shrunk so much by the SR-71's speed that the SR-71 only needed to turn a few degrees to be outside of the SA-2's attack zone.

There were extra sorties flewn towards Cuba by special planes to get the radar signature of the SA-2 radar to feed it into SR-71s ECM Jammer(s).

The SA-2 sites were avoided whenever possible on sorties in Asia.

Direct overflights of soviet soil by SR-71s but than declined by the US President. The threat of SA-2 missiles and the political impact of such overflights stopped that plans.

... and of course the treaty that was signed after Gary Powers..... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

kind regards,

Fire

Its most likely the SR-71 never flew over any Soviet Territory, although very close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, sure what can they know? They surely have no clue about operations in which they took part. So either they are just making things up or just lying, right?

yup. they're just people, you know..

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

• 2 weeks later...

SR-71 videos

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=970191&postcount=3931

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..