Groove's OT Dump

Teknetinium

Every winter and summer I wish we did not work on extreme weather

070108-F-6044B-130.JPG

MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. -- A B-52H Stratofortress waits on the flight line before a preflight inspection Jan. 8.

The base experienced low visibility, freezing temperatures and gusts of wind up to 50 knots.

(U.S. Air Force photo by A1C Christopher Boitz)

030326-F-5712B-007.jpg

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM -- F-16CJs assigned to the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing weather

a sandstorm at a forward-deployed location. Sandstorms often make work difficult for airmen in the

region. Despite the challenge, aircraft from the base flew combat sorties in support of Operation Iraqi

Freedom that day. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Terry L. Blevins)

070919-F-7049H-016.jpg

3363150477_21a35f7b2b.jpg?v=0

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/printer_247.shtml

:D

1011598.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Russian jets but sometimes the finish crudeness is a bit excessive, what is tha pink stuff on the the edges of the glass in the cockpits and close he the cockpit frame?

example of what I'm talking can be seen here:

az_mig-31_12.jpg

is this kind of stuff used in western jets?

airforce_ru_mig-29smt_068.jpg

I like Russian jets but sometimes the finish crudeness is a bit excessive, what is tha pink stuff on the the edges of the glass in the cockpits and close he the cockpit frame?

example of what I'm talking can be seen here:

az_mig-31_12.jpg

is this kind of stuff used in western jets?

airforce_ru_mig-29smt_068.jpg

Looks like sealing compound, use to ensure no air leaks when the cockpit pressurizes.

We use it to but normally we use gray color. For us color denotes temperature the sealant can withstand. Gray is normal temps while red is high temps.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

f16cpit.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Its a made of teh blood of his enemies.

I prefer this explanation.:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly