TM Warthog HOTAS & MFD Mapping

Hah, using rudder pedals over a stick twist grip rudder is elitist? So I can say that you using a joystick over me using my keyboard to fly you are elitist too!

Except it's not using the control that is elitist, but saying that it's the only way to fly, or rather, frown upon different ways of flying, that is elitist.

No space for rudder pedals under your desk? Where do you put your feet?

I ask because I already have my floor covered with the pedals of my G-25 steering wheel, [...]

Pedals for my Logitech G25 Steering Wheel.

You missed that not once, but twice. Almost starting to think you willfully ignored it.

[edit]

By the "elitist" comment, I was referring to people telling me how to fly. Stick twist being a devil spawn and all that. But after that, after the first person said that, other people came in to just rephrase it. So yeah, I try to get as much amusement and immersion from flying as I can. In that I'm exactly the same as the next flight-sim enthousiast. But the there is only one way type of thinking is often a drag.

I fully agree the Warthog, being a carefully crafted replica of the real deal shouldn't come equipped with a twist stick... but what the hey, maybe somebody knew if it had a twist function nonetheless. So, why do people so eagerly feel the need to keep playing catch-up with earlier posts, and don't they just read the thread through to it's conclusion? I do hope this will be the conclusion of the stick-twist elitist deskspace argument, this hijack has been going on for far too long already.

[/edit]

-Z

Edited by Zembla

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

The "friction wheel" alongside the throttles is an axis / slider.

There is a separate friction control - at the front of the base, on the top, next to the fuel switches.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Twist on the warthog would kill it. They are good for people that can t afford them, althought i ve already seen wood built ones. You only need a pot, som planks and know how to wire stuff that you can find on main cougar fan site (forgot the name).

I tryed to play with twist joy, its hell, you end up twisting the handle on most above average manoeuvers having totally adverse results.

Better set 2 keys on keyboard or even play without rudder, which i did during many years.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

No rudder on the shark equals no good. You can get away without rudder on a fixed wing somtimes but not so well on a rotary aircraft. You should either get a twist stick or rudder pedals. You could possibly get away with a keyboard but it would make it difficult to control.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

No rudder on the shark equals no good. You can get away without rudder on a fixed wing somtimes but not so well on a rotary aircraft. You should either get a twist stick or rudder pedals. You could possibly get away with a keyboard but it would make it difficult to control.

Probably true, my yeas of no rudders did not include hello sims, and yes i could get away in normal conditions.

The rudders are usefull for fina adjust in aim, some manoeuver and especially landing when your aircraft is damaged.

As for BS i m too noob to know but your surely right.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Pedals for my Logitech G25 Steering Wheel. Thanks for taking the time and effort to read my first post :)

-Z

You can use your g25 pedals. I did. Loads of others use them. they work great in DCS. If you get stuck, let us know as they can be a bit fiddly to setup.

Or get a bigger desk :music_whistling:

Or if you really want to twist.......

picture.php?albumid=333&pictureid=2887

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• 9 months later...
The "friction wheel" alongside the throttles is an axis / slider.

There is a separate friction control - at the front of the base, on the top, next to the fuel switches.

how i can assign the friction wheel as rudder