Will DCS A10 have an arcade mode?

TheMoose

Like BS has? Not that I use it :unsure: however was still cool... I would prefer the real stuff. I can imagine that making both styles requires lots of resources... But doing both I would agree it has touched a wider audience. I'm curious on how many users actualy play the arcade style of BS? I tried it for an hour and jumped inside the real greedy stuff :D instead...

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Arcade mode is an abomination IMO, but a necessary evil.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Yes, I'm pretty sure ED wouldn't drop the scalability factor from their sims. Its a great way to get people to try something they might not otherwise be able to wrap their heads around when they first fire up the sim.

Yep like leering Hawk players :smilewink:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Arcade mode we don't need no stinkin Arcade!!!! If they can't run with the big Hawgs let them have miss pack man:music_whistling:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

So by arcade mode you mean a next-gen helmet mounted display, 360-degree electro-optical aircraft and missile detection and tracking, over-the-shoulder heater launches, and next-gen integrated battlefield display, right?

Cuz I'd love to see that stuff ...... in DCS: Lightning II. In 2017. :D

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Arcade mode we don't need no stinkin Arcade!!!! If they can't run with the big Hawgs let them have miss pack man:music_whistling:

:lol:

I'd have to agree, however, if it means providing an opening for new people to get into the genre and eventually crank the realsim up, it might actually be worth it!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Like BS has? Not that I use it :unsure: however was still cool... I would prefer the real stuff. I can imagine that making both styles requires lots of resources... But doing both I would agree it has touched a wider audience. I'm curious on how many users actualy play the arcade style of BS? I tried it for an hour and jumped inside the real greedy stuff :D instead...

Cheers

You should be ashamed of your self!

lol. :D

There's an arcade mode?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

It is a vital part of the game IMHO. Remember that there are many many more Gamers than Simmers in the world. It's a bit like Gym membership, all the people who join for a year in January and then leave after a month are effectively subsidising the gym for the regular users.

These are the people who make Sims like Warthog possible and you should be grateful to their contribution to your hobby instead of looking down on them.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--
spellingses
  • Like 3

It is a vital part of the game IMHO. Remember that there are many many more Gamers than Simmers in the world. It's a bit like Gym membership, all the people who join for a year in January and then leave after a month are effectively subsidising the gym for the regular users.

These are the people who make Sims like Warthog possible and you should be grateful to their contribution to your hobby instead of looking down on them.

Nate

Agreed 100%

I love this community but sometimes it can be snobbery incarnate.

• Like 1

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed 100%

I love this community but sometimes it can be snobbery incarnate.

Yep. But there are console games and trash like HAWK for a reason. Why drag DCS down there too?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yep. But there are console games and trash like HAWK for a reason. Why drag DCS down there too?

Money to develop more titles. The arcade mode in DCS is not exclusive, but an addition to the simulation modes. It makes sense to cast your net as wide as possible to catch more fish. Without a wide audience we wont have DCS:- Fighter. There is nothing to lose by having an arcade mode, and much to gain.

Nate

These are the people who make Sims like Warthog possible

Yes, true!

and you should be grateful to their contribution

NO! Never! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Money to develop more titles. The arcade mode in DCS is not exclusive, but an addition to the simulation modes. It makes sense to cast your net as wide as possible to catch more fish. Without a wide audience we wont have DCS:- Fighter. There is nothing to lose by having an arcade mode, and much to gain.

Nate

Oh I agree: for DCS to maximize revenue it must pander to the masses.

I just think it's a shame what's happened to combat flight simming.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Don't necessarily consider it a shame. It allows DCS to be enjoyed by many more, and there might be a good number of curious converts who will eventually turn hard-code :)

It is a good way to hook people who otherwise would not have looked at the title IMHO, revenue boost aside.

Oh I agree: for DCS to maximize revenue it must pander to the masses.

I just think it's a shame what's happened to combat flight simming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

How many copies have DCS:BS sold? Anyone know? Im just interested in a ballpark number..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish it wasnt. It would be interesting to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't really get why it's an abomination and would be a shame? From a gaming point of view the programming of such an arcade mode would take only a minimal fraction of the time, while making the game much more accessible.

It's not like you notice there's a Game mode beyond that one time you tick the option box in your settings to Simulation. There's really no interference, no ruining of any fun, and certainly no lowering of any realism by adding a Game mode as an option.

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!