"AIESTV", Maverick+Shkval display overlay/external window/network stream

Hassata,

I am running Vista 64bit and have tested this on both a single monitor and a second monitor and it runs with no problem.

I am not sure of what version of D3D file I have but it is from the current DX runtime distribution on the MS DirectX download page.

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5

So, just curious about how you do this.

You replaced some ingame 3d engine dll with one of your own, and can access d3d variables

and export textures etc? (and inject ur own ones?). This has some cool potential ;)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

It would be good for a demo for other people/frinds to watch what is going on in a 3rd person view if their is no second PC to log in with.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Or better yet, an F4 view haha.

Edit: I was able to get a F4 alike camera using the bug mentioned, but of course it uses the mirrors! The right side is my second monitor. Is there any way to get the original color output of the mirrors? What color overlay would that need?

I've also noticed that attempting to alt-tab while running this will result in a game freeze/black screen and won't let you alt-tab back into the game!

greatsuccess.jpg

Edited by SilentEagle

• 3 weeks later...

@SilentEagle - I can't get even that far, but few page earlier it was said to disable mirrors.

Coudl you be so kind to share your D3D9D.dll and/or D3D9D.dll files?

thanks in advance

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, here are some test result I just done:

1.It seems AIESTV only worked under W7 64bit. It just won't work in XP32bit even with latest D3D9 installed, I guess it's because Kegetys mod from a D3D9.dll for 64bit and it just won't work in 32bit. Maybe he can fix this.

2.If you enable backmirror you will keep seeing a F4 view. Disable it and you will see the marvick image when you select it.

I think this approach is very very potential to export any display like HUD,MFD,RWR,Shkval and Abris. This is far faster then the script ED used in BS and it worked in some monitor can't display D3D graphics like the displaylink monitors I used. I encourage and wish Kegetys can keep working to improve AIESTV, add more displays types to use and fix the problem about XP 32bit and backmirrors. This will be the greatest MOD for FC2 and all DCS series I believe. I'm looking forward for it.:)

Good work and keep going Kegetys!

Win7 x64 here. I also reinstalled DX9 from June 2010 and the MS Visual C++ 2005 runtimes. I can't seem to get any output. I get the overlay but the image is black. This occurs whether I use "internal" or "stream". Here's what it looks like:

blank.png

Also, if I switch to my DSMS and manually select STA9 (AGM-65), there is no change (still blank). But if I select STA3 (AGM-65), the game crashes immediately.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: dcs.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4ccaa0f1

Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4c76cedf

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000019ff

The relevant DebugView lines:

[4408] AIESTV: Config path: <C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta\AIESTV\AIESTV.cfg>

[4408] AIESTV: Got RTT (512x512)

Plenty of TERRAIN errors, but nothing else from AIESTV.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Does this work if you use a second monitor connected to the same computer?

If so are there some instructions on how to set it up?

It would be nice to have the TV screen on a second monitor.

It may of been answered in a previous post, but may of been over looked :(

Edited by Patriot*CFS*

• 1 month later...

In my case with sp3 never worked :S

I have returned to xp32 sp2, and still won't work... I have installed visual c++ 2005 and 2010; DX9 (lastest from microsoft page); dot net 3.5 sp1+hotfix; .... maybe I'm forget something????

Kegetys: Can you tell me the name (or print screen of) all the files that you have inside the bin folder???

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Is there any chance we could perhaps have the source code for your dll?

It would be fantastic since we could basically create very cool new cockpit features with it.

(assuming you are using a dll hook for it)

Well we probably dont even need the full code, I'm just curious how you actually find the specific texture of the mfd in your code.

If you could share with us that stuff...wow.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Is there any chance we could perhaps have the source code for your dll?

It would be fantastic since we could basically create very cool new cockpit features with it.

(assuming you are using a dll hook for it)

Well we probably dont even need the full code, I'm just curious how you actually find the specific texture of the mfd in your code.

If you could share with us that stuff...wow.

Hey Yoda, does this mod work on your system???

thx

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Hey Yoda, does this mod work on your system???

thx

Oh I haven't tried it.

Possibly he compiled it with some .net or vs redistributable that you dont have?

Oh I haven't tried it.

Possibly he compiled it with some .net or vs redistributable that you dont have?

ok... yes that could be the reason...

I need and answer from kegetys maybe he can help me

PS: if you try it and works in your system, let me know.

:thumbup: