Adding trees in vs1.1

666th_birdy

Haha nice pic!

No not yet, for a real jungle you would need over 10000 trees.

My lock on stops loading the mission with to much trees.

Also i discovered that with scene file set to high there are big forrests displayed, but then i get a dia-show :(

so long,

Kurdes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is possible to add trees to the bases ALWAYS? Not only on existing campaigns or missions, but also on i.e. a quick mission.

I mean, something like "scenes high" but including trees on the bases. The images you posted, guys, are great!! I would love to have those trees always, including MP games.

BTW, I cant download from CheckSix site the utils extractmiscampLO_ENG.exe and compilcamLO_ENG.exe. Seems to be on a maintenance process. Any alternate link?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there Luke97,

I was going to break the news to you guys later but since you brought up the subject; YES, you can have trees ALWAYS.

Thanks to Swingkid and Alfa who showed me the way, I'm working on the "scenes" files and am happy to announce that things are going well.

Since I'm now no longer limited to only a few tree-files, I'm currently reworking the trees around the airbases. I will post a demo as soon as some work is done. I hope you can still wait a few days.

PS: keep trying checksix.fr since it's never down that long.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to it!

I love LOMAC trees and forests. Even I have "forced" the scenes files to work always on "High" settings althought the host is using low or medium. The trees add a lot of realism to the game.

I hope you release it soon. A big THANKS, guys!!

Here are some shots of the reworked Kerch AFB and surounding area.

You can see by the way the trees become transparant that these are not static objects but actual scenery graphics.

Note that during this test-phase, I'm using the LOW scenery file. So only the added trees are visible.

screenshot0113ze.th.jpgscreenshot0104ef.th.jpgscreenshot0122xl.th.jpgscreenshot0134yl.th.jpgscreenshot0013of.th.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

The Mission Editor has only a 2D view. To really see how the object looks in the game, you have to click the Fly button and play the game to take a look.
Which is sad because in Flanker 2, which this game builds upon, you could see the objects in the editor...

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

@ Luke97: not possible. So far only Kerch is done and that took me days.

@Yellonet: objects are visible in the editor, trees aren't.

screenshot0000sv.th.jpg

@Yellonet: the pics below show the 12'o clock view in the A10 on finals both with and without trees added. With added trees the FPS drops about 3 (10%).

Offcourse, when huge forrests are in view, the FPS can drop more but that all appends on your PC and settings. I had detail and visiblity set to high.

screenshot0005oe.th.jpgscreenshot0053id.th.jpg

@Yellonet: the pics below show the 12'o clock view in the A10 on finals both with and without trees added. With added trees the FPS drops about 3 (10%).

Offcourse, when huge forrests are in view, the FPS can drop more but that all appends on your PC and settings.

then i have 'bout 9 FPS......anyway: Nice work, looking forward to it! (and to my 2x7800..... :cool: )

@luke97: Kerch, Belbek, Sochi and Sukhumi are done. Bare with me mate, it's time consuming. Here's a screeny from Sochi and Sukhumi. Both were taken with the LOW scenery

screenshot0002cl.th.jpgscreenshot0047ow.th.jpg

@skflanker: That's because I added a block-on-road in the scenery file and not via the editor.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update.

After Kerch, Belbek, Sochi and Sukhumi, Maykop and Anapa are also done.

Here some shots from Anapa. Note the transparancy of the trees that are further away.

screenshot0001oi.th.jpgscreenshot0023ul.th.jpgscreenshot0035zn.th.jpg

Again, this is the LOW scenery; only the added trees and structures are displayed

Great!!

Its possible (as each airstrip has to be updated manually and its very time consuming) you could release the mod in several parts?

Maybe is only possible update everything at the same time, I dont know, but I would like test that great upgrade.

Tnx for your effords. I´m looking forward to it.

S!