Adding trees in vs1.1

666th_birdy

I've taken this mod a bit further and had a go at Razdolnoye AFB.

No screenies this time just a small video clip. Go grab it and taste the atmosphere: http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/tmp/lockon.avi

The template mission can be found here: http://home.planet.nl/~monfro/666th/tmp/razdolnoye-vis.mis

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Several question:

Can you be done to EVERY FREAKING MAP?

Yes. Pat01 made a util so you can add trees to a desired airfield into already written missions and campaigns. TekaTeka made it LoMan compatible. See earlier posts in this tread.

Does it reduce FPS?

NO, they don't (unlike normal objects or AI) :tongue:

If you load trees on all bases (over 1000 objects), LockOn will need some time to load the mission into the editor though. Editing/adding flights takes more time too. Therefor I suggest to put trees around airbases that are used in the mission only.

t just makes the game look so amazingly real.

Same here. I mean take these before/after shots of me taxiing at Gvardesyskoye AFB, I bet you prefer the one with trees :icon_wink

17wb.th.jpg27jy.th.jpg

30ra.th.jpg41cq1.th.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

StaticObj_ENG.exe and *.mis files are extracted into "Missions" folder. I`ve started StaticObj_ENG.exe then selected mission file (its empty, Su-27 on the runway only) and objects file (Adler.mis for example). Further I clicked Import button and got error message.

P.S. hmmm, I`ve tried to open objects files (adler.mis, anapa.mis etc) in LO editor - they are completely empty!

Dixi

In propria persona, Slon.

StaticObj_ENG.exe and *.mis files are extracted into "Missions" folder. I`ve started StaticObj_ENG.exe then selected mission file (its empty, Su-27 on the runway only) and objects file (Adler.mis for example). Further I clicked Import button and got error message.

P.S. hmmm, I`ve tried to open objects files (adler.mis, anapa.mis etc) in LO editor - they are completely empty!

Don't know what's wrong here. Only Pat01 can help out on that one.

The tree-objects are hidden by default so the mission only appears empty.

• ED Team

This is fantastic! :D

Looks good, very good actually.

This will come in handy for all the movies i'm gonna make, thank you. :cool:

Only one question, the trees in your screens can be seen from pretty far away, is this standard, or did you use some sort of tweak for this? Would love to be able to see the trees for many miles without them getting transparent.

Hi all,

Several things may lead the staticobj_eng.exe to an error.

1. Be sure to use the utility with FC 1.1 original files (meinit.xml ...)

2. I never tested the utility with local versions of FC 1.1. The russian's one ( maybe the german, greek ... ones too ? ) may not work due to special non-alphabetical letters. It just works nice with the english one. The french utility is a separate one.

The best way is for me to try the file that caused the error. Please MP me I'll have a look to your files.

Hi all,

Several things may lead the staticobj_eng.exe to an error.

1. Be sure to use the utility with FC 1.1 original files (meinit.xml ...)

2. I never tested the utility with local versions of FC 1.1. The russian's one ( maybe the german, greek ... ones too ? ) may not work due to special non-alphabetical letters. It just works nice with the english one. The french utility is a separate one.

The best way is for me to try the file that caused the error. Please MP me I'll have a look to your files.

Hmm, sorry but what is "MP me"? I dont know this abbreviation, therefore I`ll just attach my mission file, OK?

Dixi

In propria persona, Slon.

Слон, I've tested your mission file with trees added and it works fine:

#1. editor without trees imported (questionmarks probably due to cyrilics)

#2. editor with trees imported and one object unhidden

#3. entering game.

screenshot0006ww.th.jpgscreenshot0018un.th.jpgscreenshot0023rs.th.jpg

But indeed, the game looks alot more realistic! Can't wait to try this with FC.

I think so too.

0047sq.jpg

link1

link2

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: Great Work n the trees here!! It really looks beautiful!

But i have one additional question : How can i apply the trees to already made

campaigns? The utility gives me only the choice to select a .mis file as target no .cmp!?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English ;-)

Kurdes