Am I crazy?

rapid

Ok im a rotor head 100%....but i miss having a T.A.D screen so looks like i will be getting the DCS A-10.:helpsmilie:

I was just wondering if anyone else missed having a TAD screen in the cockpit while flying the shark?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Tactical Awareness Display

Nate

Correct.:thumbup:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

it is nice to have that display with the WP path. however I think in the A10 it might be called an HSD such as the F-16's display. which would either be a 360 deg display mode or 150 deg deisplay mode(150 is a real life display mode)

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

however I think in the A10 it might be called an HSD such as the F-16's display. which would either be a 360 deg display mode or 150 deg deisplay mode(150 is a real life display mode)

Nope, in the A-10C it's called the T.A.D as Nate said above. It does work in a similar way to the HSD on the Viper, but with the addition of a moving map (of various scales) and a bit more functionality to the HSD you may have seen in the Falcon series.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

ok so its the same as the HSI i work with. Ours has the TAD and HSI functions integrated to selctable display modes with different combinations of data. Including a stormscope. that is cool as crap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, its an abris with radar added on.

Nope, no RADAR in the Hog. You do get information from the SADL as well as SPI, Bullseye and coordinates (MGRS or LAT/LONG) however.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nope, no RADAR in the Hog. You do get information from the SADL as well as SPI, Bullseye and coordinates (MGRS or LAT/LONG) however.

Thats a bunch of acronyms. When Can I buy the manual, seems like lots of new stuff to learn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

SADL = Situational Awareness Datalink

SPI = Sensor Point of Interest

MGRS = Military Grid Reference System

LAT/LONG = Latitude/Longditude

Bullseye = An pre assigned point on the ground used as a universal reference point for all aircraft in theatre.

Spoiler

Bullseye = An pre assigned point on the ground used as a universal reference point for all aircraft in theatre.

With the addition of MIDS - Not in the SIM guys. The HOG can receive data linked info from the AWACS and or FAC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the addition of MIDS - Not in the SIM guys. The HOG can receive data linked info from the AWACS and or FAC

Not buying the sim now.

Seriously though, that would be neat feature to model, too bad.

Just curious as to what your story (employment) is Scabbers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was in the navy for 20 years as an aviation electronicsa technician. i retired in 2008 and went to work for a defense contractor. i am now an avionics engineer. I write maintenance procedures for the sailors to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx !

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was in the navy for 20 years as an aviation electronicsa technician. i retired in 2008 and went to work for a defense contractor. i am now an avionics engineer. I write maintenance procedures for the sailors to use.

Very cool, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im not gonna lie, i would love the manual to be released early. espcecially one with rings holding it together. this way when the sim comes out i would be ready to go.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70