169th Dedicated Now 10Mbit

I have to higly disagree with you Ice... setting missile effectiveness to MAX helps only AR A/A missiles. Point being... if MiG-29 with SAR missile engages F-15 with AR missiles... what do you think who will win 90% of the time? Logically, for the MiG-29.. it only needs to loose lock once... and that's it! SAR missile will spoof... but that AR will not!

This is anything but type "Realistic" setting... not forgetting that default and most realistic setting is actually 50% and not 100%.

I was wondering why 9/10 times I engaged an F-15 with a MiG-29... and could never evade the missile, always get hit... and of course... the SAR I fired was spoofed 9/10 times.

Mate, you want realism? then set missile effectiveness to 50% the way it bellongs... no stupid externals... and some Datalink access to russian aircraft... which is all what real life situation souns to be like!

No longer active in DCS...

I have to higly disagree with you Ice ... SAR missile will spoof... but that AR will not!

You haven't been flying 1.1 much have you? It is pretty well the complete opposite of what you describe. ARH missiles are overly simplistic to evade, SARH missiles are not. Until the ARH missile logic is fixed by ED (see the many threads on the subject in these forums) the missile effectiveness will remain at 100% on our servers to compensate for the ARH missiles' lack of intelligence. Even at 100% effectiveness, one barely even has to try to spoof an ARH missile beyond 9 miles with the current missile logic. If you don't take drastic action against a SARH missile at that range, you're dead.

The mid-range setting may be what ED intended to represent true real life effectiveness in some aspects of missile performance, but their current modeling fails to meet true realism in others that make using that setting deficient for any serious virtual pilot.

At any rate, at the level we play, anything less than 100% on the missile slider is just too easy.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Some guy made up a story that having this setting on max is better, that this is most realistic setting and all you ppl blindly believed. Amazing. And what ED says does not matter...

It has nothing to do with a story heard by anyone, it has to do with experience and personal preference.

If you have been reading and keeping up with the threads on missile performance in these forums you would know that your belief on what represents TRUE LIFE missile performance is incomplete.

We've stated our reasons for using the settings that we do. You can't please everyone all the time. I hope you can find a server in HL that pleases you.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

• 1 month later...

I guess you shouldn't call it full real if you are going to tamper with the missile effectiveness.

In a community with 25 people max in HL, you should be responsible and use the correct settings per the game.

We have 8+ guys ready to fly in HL, but until hosts learn to use the right settings, we will continue to fly off HL.

Stating a reason based on 'personal experience' rather than showing facts, charts, etc... is poor taste. You show me the numbers and prove it, then it is 'correct' - until then I might as well play Crimson Skies on these servers.

Guest Cali
Is this going to be a2a only or are you going to make it a full mission? If so, please don't forget us few crazies that prefer the Su-25 to the Su-25T!!

I would like a full out war myself with every jet. I don't mind A2A but I want to be able to strap on some bombs and rockets and go to town!

Guest Cali
I guess you shouldn't call it full real if you are going to tamper with the missile effectiveness.

We have 8+ guys ready to fly in HL, but until hosts learn to use the right settings, we will continue to fly off HL.

Well thats your loss...

Stating a reason based on 'personal experience' rather than showing facts, charts, etc... is poor taste. You show me the numbers and prove it, then it is 'correct' - until then I might as well play Crimson Skies on these servers.

Do us a favour and don't play at all. The last thing HL needs is another self-declared expert demanding attention.

The servers you find in HL are generally financed by the hosts out of their very own pocket, and are provided to you purely out of generosity. Contrary to what your predictable tone continues to suggest, they don't owe you a thing buddy. ;)

Play or don't play, you choose... just save us all from your whining.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

In a community with 25 people max in HL, you should be responsible and use the correct settings per the game.

Recon, do us all a favour and host yourself bud, flaming generous people wont get you anywere.

25 max in HL?? Last night I looked and the JaBoG32 alone were there with 30 squadmates, get your facts straight before you start whining...

:D

LMAO!!! oh.. how to say this without Dmut getting mad with me... BRING IT, hoss!!

I'll leave it at that. Beleive me- the position of the missile slider will hold little relevance to the result.

Congrats on your new server guys.

Now if we can just get enough people in HL to fill up a few 1.1 servers we'll be set. I'm looking forward to new people online with sales reopened.

Good luck.

If you got AWACS-support I will visit more regular your Host-missions!

I have still problems to NOT have friendly kills with my HOJ shots with FC 1.1!

I still need to improve my FC 1.1 tactics first :icon_jook .

About the missile slider I also prefer 50% but of course the Host is the boss, I can live with that (no problem there for me)

Maybe we could organize a poll for that.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Great community - I ask for proof showing missile effectiveness is wrong at default and I'm told to stay away?

I never whined at all. I simply am stating that you are messing with the settings that put the missile effectivenss at it's most correct setting and you have made it your mission to tamper with it and now self-righteously proclaim it to be correct. Show me the proof that this is correct.

It is no worries, I just wish I would have known that the tiny group that plays on HL was more polite and showed some more integrity than what I've seen in this thread. Go ahead and disagree with me, but to tell me to stay away, to say I'm 'whining' is quite rude isn't it?

Put it at it's default, and if you are a great fighter pilot like you say you are, it shouldn't matter. Until then, I don't trust your integrity.

"I'll leave it at that. Beleive me- the position of the missile slider will hold little relevance to the result"

Then keep it where it's set to be - what is the issue then? Show me where it's more correct at far right. I'm reasonable, you show me, then I agree, until then, I still question why the host is making it into an arcade game.

until then, I still question why the host is making it into an arcade game.

recon, the 169th dont beleive in arcade gaming, they are more serious in flying LO than you will ever be...

Again, stop hitting on them, you'll find yourself in a very perculiar place soon....

Great community - I ask for proof showing missile effectiveness is wrong at default and I'm told to stay away?
Recon ... Someone from ED (can't remember who) replied to a post of mine, that the missile effectivness was most realistic at 50%. However, given that the AMRAAM is easily fooled by chaff (and other missiles maybe more so), some people seem to find it more fun (or more realistic ITHO) at 100% ... so I guess if its your server, you can have it how you like :) But in EDs opinion, 50% is the most realistic.

609 Recon,

Sorry that you will not be playing just because of the 'Missile settings'. It is also not fair to blame the server owners for having specific settings in their server.

If we set our missile slider to your preffered setting. Would your squad like to play a friendly match? Let me know and I would ask to change the Missile Slider setting so that you can play without worrying about it. Take care!

s77banner9wh.jpg

sorry Paulie, speaking of 'effectiveness': threatening me on a gaming forum will not be effective. You know nothing about me, nor what I do on my time, you neither know my skill level nor my background.

I do not know much about this '169th' group - I just know that changing correct realism settings to arcade settings is like using a corked bat in baseball. Sure, it's more fun, but it's not correct.

If you want to sell your concept that this is not arcade, you can continue to full yourself, but to tell me it's 'realistic' is false. I'm sure that when they want to claim non arcade they will set the slider back and all will be correct and I would be more than happy to come fly with them.

Thank you Kula. I will host my HL server when I'm ready. Our group decided to try out FC 1.1 and we've bought the game and are flying together outside of HL. However, we are looking for realistic settings within a good community and were hoping to find that with the guys that fly in HL. It appears we differ - our group, again, wants to fly in a non-arcade setting.

I don't mind if 169th wants to set any setting they want, I was just under the impression that they were a more 'realistic' setting type squadron. It is not 'hitting on them' to question their setting. Obviously someone is getting far to sensitive about this.

Makes you wonder why I get personally attacked for questioning this setting, perhaps as I see in above post, I am correct with ED and missile effectiveness and this is some sort of cover up and that is why there is such an attack on me?

sorry Paulie, speaking of 'effectiveness': threatening me on a gaming forum will not be effective. You know nothing about me, nor what I do on my time, you neither know my skill level nor my background.

I do not know much about this '169th' group - I just know that changing correct realism settings to arcade settings is like using a corked bat in baseball. Sure, it's more fun, but it's not correct.

If you want to sell your concept that this is not arcade, you can continue to full yourself, but to tell me it's 'realistic' is false. I'm sure that when they want to claim non arcade they will set the slider back and all will be correct and I would be more than happy to come fly with them.

Thank you Kula. I will host my HL server when I'm ready. Our group decided to try out FC 1.1 and we've bought the game and are flying together outside of HL. However, we are looking for realistic settings within a good community and were hoping to find that with the guys that fly in HL. It appears we differ - our group, again, wants to fly in a non-arcade setting.

I don't mind if 169th wants to set any setting they want, I was just under the impression that they were a more 'realistic' setting type squadron. It is not 'hitting on them' to question their setting. Obviously someone is getting far to sensitive about this.

Makes you wonder why I get personally attacked for questioning this setting, perhaps as I see in above post, I am correct with ED and missile effectiveness and this is some sort of cover up and that is why there is such an attack on me?

Again, host yourself, and stop whining, and I wasnt threatning, mearly a forseeing, as for this "'169th' group " http://169thpanthers.net/main/index.php

'Again' you can't help but to resort to calling me names rather than discuss that fact that this setting is arcadish :)

'Again', at least I will not be fooled into thinking I'm some great pilot with over exaggerated, arcade, unrealistic missile capability.

I must have stumbled into the X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter forum by mistake, my apologies ;)

Ok, that was a bit harsh I admit.

But I do think there needs to be more respect to others voicing something like this without being called a 'whiner'.

169th, I have nothing against your squadron whatsoever. If this would have been squadron 'x', I would have voiced the same thing.

So, please do not take this as a personal attack - I am just one who appreciates a good 'simulation'.

Thanks for providing your server to the public.

609 Recon,

Sorry that you will not be playing just because of the 'Missile settings'. It is also not fair to blame the server owners for having specific settings in their server.

If we set our missile slider to your preffered setting. Would your squad like to play a friendly match? Let me know and I would ask to change the Missile Slider setting so that you can play without worrying about it. Take care!

ahem... what say you recon?

Sure, I would simply like to be able to hop into HL and goto a full real server that has the same settings I've trained with and fly with every night.

As far as a squad match, I'll talk to the guys. What type of aircraft setup would be using? I've been training with the F15, some of the others have been flying the Russian aircraft during our practice sessions.

Our CO is having Protx payment issues for FC 1.1 - we hope to have him up and running soon.

Thanks

Sure, I would simply like to be able to hop into HL and goto a full real server that has the same settings I've trained with and fly with every night.

As far as a squad match, I'll talk to the guys. What type of aircraft setup would be using? I've been training with the F15, some of the others have been flying the Russian aircraft during our practice sessions.

Our CO is having Protx payment issues for FC 1.1 - we hope to have him up and running soon.

Thanks

You can fly whichever a/c you choose. With the LomacLeague mod, all weapons are available to both sides.

Hey Recon, I have a better idea. Since YOU are the one in disagreement about the missle settings, how about YOU provide the proof, with numbers charts and everything you asked for, to prove that 100% isnt more correct.

I think many people have stated, in many threads, that ARH missles are too easily spoofed.

Proof enough for me, so what do you got? Your opinion.............