Missile Accuracy??? Where??

djuice

Hihi, I am kinda new here so cut me some slack..

I've been trying to modify missile accuracy in missiles_data.lua in FC2, but I can't seem to find the variable to change. I've been able to to modify the ATGM (TOW etc) flight profiles to be more realistic, eg: no more constant velocity.. Now I am trying to make them alot more accurate, as they currently only able to hit moving vehicles about 10-25% of the time..

So is it in there somewhere or should I be looking at someplace else altogether, or maybe is hardcoded? I know that you can modify AI gunnery accuracy in sensors.lua..

Anyways thanks for any helpful advice in advance :pilotfly:

The problem is that, ground based ATGMs (TOW2/Kornet etc) have a major problems hitting vehicles moving perpendicular to the firing vehicle.

eg: An AH-1W firing TOW2 at a perpendicular moving vehicle @ 2km away will likely hit only 10-20% of the time, no matter what AI setting is set.

While air-based ATGMs like the Vihkr/AGM-114 have like 95% chance of hitting. I thought it was the velocity of the missile that increase it's chances, but even copy & paste the exact same data from the Vihkr to the TOW made no difference in its ability to hits it's target.

So I think missile flight profiles at hard-coded or somewhere inside weapons.dll file.

But I was able to increase Tank's accuracy level @ 2km to about 95% while trying to hit a tank size target.

Edited by djuice