Multimonitor frame rate HELP Please

Hi,

Recently I set up a second monitor to run the abris and the Gun Cam on as well as BSVP ver.1.1 Got everything working fine but my frame rate is terrible.

System Specs - Core 2 E8500 WC-O/c to 4400Ghz. 4 gig Ram - 285 Gforce 1 Meg card - Raptor 10K hard Drive. Monitor 1 = Samsung 26" Native Res 1920x 1200 second Monitor Touch Screen 17" Native res 1280x1024.

When I run BS on one monitor I get around 55-65 FPS dependent on weather and activity in the mission. Some missions with heavy loads it will drop to 40FPS which is understandable.

When i set up the second monitor with the gun cam and the abris running along side BSVP my frame rate drops to 18-20 and in multiplayer it drops to 10-12.

I would expect a second screen to suck up some FPS but not 60% of them. The funny thing is even if i reduce the visuals to LOW the frame rate is the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yup checked again and its definately somthing restricting performance and regardless of settings very HIGH or set to absolute minimum the FPS just sits around 18-20. Would the size of the gun camera on the second screen make a big difference i wonder? Oh BTW although the second monitor is 1280x1024 native res, I am running it at 1024x768.

Man I really wish I could help ya, but I don't have an answer for ya.

Have you tried turning off the virtual panel? I would try just the abris and shkval (sp) on monitor #2 and see how that does.

Also, what RAM are you running? I have found tightening timings and increasing speed of RAM to be helpful when chasing fps.

Check your BVSP resource consumption (it starts a file called Questviewer.exe) , mine is using 50% e8500 at 4ghz so your problem may lie there. i sure lost a few frames.

I wouldnt mind hearing from the creator of it if its supposed to start that file and 50% looks like a whole lot for running that program.

As for turning off Aero i've noticed a 3-5 fps gain so from my experience it does help.

I'm currently running a 5 monitor setup and even having a web browser up with youtube in the background steals 3-5 frames.

There's a lot of small things it can be but first try without BVSP if you havent already and see.

Edited by trigen
Spelliing erros

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Showing only marginal results when running 5760x1080 in fullscreen/windowed with Aero on/off.

I'm guessing the gain would be when running more than 3 monitors over 2 graphic cards, i only noticed when i was running a 5 monitor 5 camera Blackshark yesterday.

I'l look into it again a little later as its some stuff to edit, i went back to 3 monitors due to having 16-18fps.

Been looking a little on BSVP v 1.1 and the thing runs wild on 2-400 fps so its no wonder its a cpu hog.

Now the solution is to run Rivatuners D3Doverrider and force Vsync, it now uses 30 or 60fps and 04-06% cpu

Quite a difference and should free up a bit.

I'm really not sure but i would'nt think as it exports it over to the other computer, so it will just need the power to run the export script and nothing more. (correct me if i'm wrong)

As for the D3D overrider it looks to be working just fine in window mode on my BSVP so i'd say no you dont need to be in fullscreen.

However i dont think it will have an impact if you are already below 60 fps in the main game.

Some people swear by it due to the forced triple buffer in D3d overrider but i cant say that i have noticed any difference.

I'm not sure how many screens you are running but i'm guessing 5 ? 4 on the main computer, 3 running the main window, 1 for abris and shkval and the instruments on the second computer ?

I'm running eyefinity 3x1 for main screen. and a 4870 for my other two monitors.

Thing is with window mode, as soon as i drag something over the line so it show's on the screen that is driven by the secondary card my fps drop by at least half, it really does not like that. Showing Abris etc within my eyefinity group on only one card only gives about a 5fps drop

Might it be the same for you ?

And "(can't be in multimonitor mode and full screen IFAIK)."

Softth + eyefinity (th2g) is no problem so you can run it all in fullscreen if you want too, 3 4 or 5 monitors work

On the bottom is a screenshot with my setup in fc2 fullscreen, 5770 drives all screens with the second just for output

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57756

And sorry for the bit of a hijack here, working on the OP problem aswell, more or less the same

Gotta run for a bit now, will get back in 1 houer to continue

Got one TH2G for the cockpit view on one of my 5850 and two other monitors on the 2 outputs of my second 5850. One 800x600 for the SHKVAL and one 1440x900 in portrait mode for the ABRIS.

I am using two others displays, but they are connected on a secondary computer to generate the instruments.

It's working fine in windowed mode (except the poor frame rate) but BS crashes as soon as I check the full screen in the options screen of BS.

I'm afraid i cannot offer you a fullscreen solution with one side monitor as landscape and one a s portrait.

If you are willing to have the 19inch in landscape and run in 800x600 i can give you double the framerate but the abris will have a bit lower resolution (and i guess it will stic out the side of your pit. here's a picture of mine with

All on high quick start mission about 25-30fp

shkval+camera+abris

Ps. one can also set up fullscreen in dual screen setups using softth

If you'r interested i can do all the config files for you or teach you how.

800x600 on a 24 inch shkval

800x600 on a 19 inch abris

5760x1080 3x24 main screen

You can set things up in the camer.lua file for different sizes as i'm sure you know

Here's a picture

Edited by trigen
forgetting stuff

Hi,

Recently I set up a second monitor to run the abris and the Gun Cam on as well as BSVP ver.1.1 Got everything working fine but my frame rate is terrible.

System Specs - Core 2 E8500 WC-O/c to 4400Ghz. 4 gig Ram - 285 Gforce 1 Meg card - Raptor 10K hard Drive. Monitor 1 = Samsung 26" Native Res 1920x 1200 second Monitor Touch Screen 17" Native res 1280x1024.

When I run BS on one monitor I get around 55-65 FPS dependent on weather and activity in the mission. Some missions with heavy loads it will drop to 40FPS which is understandable.

When i set up the second monitor with the gun cam and the abris running along side BSVP my frame rate drops to 18-20 and in multiplayer it drops to 10-12.

I would expect a second screen to suck up some FPS but not 60% of them. The funny thing is even if i reduce the visuals to LOW the frame rate is the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would try running it in fullscreen with softth 2.01 and see if you gain some fps

http://www.kegetys.net/forum/index.php?topic=2123.0

That may help but it should not matter as both screens are on the same card

Also try the D3d overrider mentioned earlyer to free up a little.

In my opinion, D3DOverrider is a must for any setup, including single monitor. As tirgen mentioned, IQ goes up as a result of the ftb, and you gain a few fps (at least on the bottom end) making for a smoother ride. You don't loose any fps when running bsvp on a secondary pc. I'm on a low end (really low end) networked machine, and it runs fine. Funny thing is, bsvp eats about 90% of the cpu cycle, but lovp is like 10-15. Mnemonic has indicated that they are working on an A10C-VP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]