Thick question about SU-25 Navigation.

Hi

Sorry for being a bit thick on this but i'm just not getting the tutorial video. :huh:

I've inserted a picture of the HSI to explain what i am asking.

There are 2 arrows. I will call the first 1 the ball arrow as it has balls on it!! And the second the pointer arrow as it has pointers.:smartass:

The Ball arrow has 2 balls on it. 1 is smaller and solid white and the other has a black centre.

The Pointer arrow has 2 pointers. A long pointer and a short pointer.

Out of

Long Pointer

Short Pointer

Solid Ball

Black Ball

Which points to the next waypoint?

Also a question about the yellow bank indicator on the ADI. Have i just to roll my plane to the left or right in the dir ection it points to. Or am i supposed to align my wings with this?

Image1-11.jpg

Thanx

On the HSI

Pointer with black ball and solid ball; they are the same pointer, black side points to way point (WP).

Rectangular pointer show direction of flight path.

On the ADI

Yellow points to direction of flight path, white points to WP.

Basically, if you want to fly on intended flight path turn toward yellow. Yellow lines should move towards the center if you are going the right direction.

Hope this makes since.

Welcome to SU-25 flying, the best and more challenging aircraft from FC2 :thumbup:

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

NP

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Ok. I managed to follow waypoints just by following the black ball ended pointer. Although sometimes the heading and yellow bank indicator didn't match whioch still confused me.

Just 1 last question. How can i tell i am in the right nav mode for waypoints for a mission and not say waypoints for a friednly airfield? Is there an indicator? I looked at the nav panel near might right knee and did'nt seem to have any lights on.

The Yellow and white pointers on the ADI do not have to match up for you to get to your WP. Yellow is simply the program route. Also once you get closer is increasingly more difficult to have them line up. I just try to keep the line up outside of 5 miles, within 5 miles is to sesitive.

SU-25 only has room for 3 WP and 2 airfield if I remember correctly. Not sure how to help you on that one

There were several article /threads here describing the panel and how to use it

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Image1-11.jpg

On this picture, the HSI shows your current heading to be 135°, the heading to selected waypoint is 144° and heading from previous waypoint to selected waypoint is 070° (this should be ingress heading from previous WP to next WP if you follow the nav route).

The top gauge shows that to be on the waypoint/ILS path you should be left of your current position and lower. On the HSI to be on the right flight path both needle's need to align.

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

If you haven't already, you may want to view the ADI/HSI navigation tutorial at http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm It has an in-depth explanation of how to navigate using the instruments. The FC2 tutorial sort of skims over the topic.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

He can also try the training on this website

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1984&scr=default#intro1

To whom it may concern,

Your welcome

To whom it may concern,