How to convert X-52 Pro to X-52 Profile

hachiman

What file extension do they use? At some point the software switched from .dat to .pr0, or maybe the other way around, or maybe something else entirely. But there are at least two major versions of the software that use different profile formats, and maybe your friend is using a different one than you.

As nomdeplume said above some time ago SST profiles changed from .dat to .pr0 (when the x52 pro was released) and I don't think there is a reliable converter program.

The way I got round this when a friend wanted my FSX profile for his stick was to use the print profile feature in SST and I emailed him that and he just copied it into his SST.

hope that helps.

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5, 8GB DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, TrackIR 5.

Yeah most of the profiles on lockon files no longer work, I think its a version thing of SST

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Found this on another site :-

• The X52 (normal) used a file format thats binary with the extension dat. This format can't be used with the software for the Pro version.
  • The file format for the X52 Pro is pr0, but the format contained has changed in a breaking way with the newest version of the software.
  • There even seems to be a platform binding so that profiles generated with the same version of the software can't be used on ex. both Windows XP and Vista.

I think your best bet is to print your profile and get him to input it into his SST manually.

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5, 8GB DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, TrackIR 5.

• 5 weeks later...
We are both using the latest versions of saiteks software. The file is a .pr0 file. He loads it up and it shows as an X-52 Pro. He then changes the type to X-52 and all the kew presses disappear.

In that particular order? You should load a profile after you select your device in the dropdown list in SST.