curious about how DX11 looks on A-10C

hannibal

GA 's video shuld be out this month. you will get a a great video to watch.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

AFAIK no DX11 screenshots have been released.

I think Wags posted some when he publicly announced the move to DX11. The Nevada shots have been from a DX11 version as well, AFAIK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I think Nate is right here, no dx11 pics yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I think Nate is right here, no dx11 pics yet.

Well, i could be at fault, but to me this looks like screens from the DX11 version. In any case, i believe you are expecting too much visual change, after all it's 'just' a port to the new version. Visual changes will only occur when new features of the later version are actually being utilised. Of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of changes going on 'under the hood'.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

im surprised we havent heard any word on how the 64bit version of warthog has been coming. wont having a 64 bit version allow for better multicore processing?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

The screenshots posted with the "DX11 announcement" need not be DX11 screens. The first line says "Hey these are pictures of X" and the second line says "Hey we are working on DX11." No one said the screens were of DX11 content.

64-bit addressing, multi-threading, and DX11 are three entirely separate ideas.

It will be interesting to find out what DX11 features ED are planning to utilise. Will it be used to add features or is just a more efficient pipeline? IMO Tesselation would seem to be the most obvious DX11 feature that benefits flight sims as it mean more detailed objects and terrain geometry for 'free'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Of course you could change that Sobek :music_whistling: ;)

No, probably the testers dont have the dx11 version, but nice try :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

anything that paves the way for multi threaded processsing, I WELCOME It!

i mean its like 2010.. we at six core.. an has heavy CPU this program is, DX11, and anything to make the DCS engine to utilize all cores just makes it more viable in the long run...

im glad sound in DCS is multi threaded, GFX is oing to be multi threaded viaDX11, now well just wait for the actual simulation engine to be 64bit and multi threaded...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179