Ground AI improvements

Laud

As this question is quite important in my eyes and as it gets totally lost in the "DCS:A-10C Website"-Thread I'll give it an own thread:

AI improvements look very promising!

Has target-priority- and ammunition-logics been reworked too??? I mean do Bradleys still fire TOW-missiles at soldiers with rifles while 800m behind these soldiers enemy APCs are closing?? :huh:

This fact ruins very much each of my mission-designs... :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56027

Short answer: AI has been given many updates and reworks, but I cannot go into details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Good. Ground AI needed a lot of work. Doesn't really matter in your average sim but being that we're flying aircraft meant for CAS, it's pretty important. These changes are going over to BS as well right? In any case I can't wait. Just wish the A10 controller wasn't so damn expensive. Still I have the double trigger with my x52, but I don't know how I'm going to replace all those throttle controls.

Understand that, but as these topics develop really fast and often go OT somehow, one often got the feeling that a point gets lost within.

The purpose of the thread is to slow down the creation of new "single question" threads, which we have plenty

Hm... too bad...

[...] but I cannot go into details.

So I'll have to hope for the best... ;)

Hm... I'd say it does. It can also ruin LO mission concepts (where you can also fly CAS with EACH aircraft except the F-15).

Doesn't really matter in your average sim [...]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree that ground forces matter in other sims. I know if Rise of Flight and IL2, even when the ground isn't the objective it still adds a lot. I'm just saying the current DCS sims, both being aircraft which specifically target units on the ground, really needs that strong ground AI, where as games that are based around air combat don't need a good ground AI. I'm really happy to hear there will be improvements, it's IMO the biggest failing with BS. Not that it isn't a great sim as is, I mean it blows everything else out of the water IMO, but the AI certainly has room for improvement. I still can't wait for A10 though. Love that plane. If I were to fly for the Air Force, that's the plane I'd want to be in.

Honestly as long as its asking different questions other than "Will my PC be able to run this?" are fine on their own... Besides that massive thread has way to much clutter in it to be useful. Not to mention this is one of the few threads about the mission editor that is full of "dynamic campaign!?!?!?!" related comments. -_-

Movement, formations, self deployed smoke, and evasion techniques are all great, but that leaves alot of room for interpretation... How much is reliant on triggers, how much do they do automatically?

There are a few mobile sams in the game that can't shoot and move at the same time... do they have "stopping to shoot" built in?

Will ships receive some form of improvement? Aka, they no longer are able to target a single infantry man standing on the coast 20km away and waste several hundred rounds trying to kill the poor fellow.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Looks like we'll unfortunately not know until we hold it in our hands... even if I don't really understand the purpose of holding back information on stuff like this.

Short answer: AI has been given many updates and reworks, but I cannot go into details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

even if I don't really understand the purpose of holding back information on stuff like this.

The purpose is that even if a feature is planned to be in the sim, until development is finnished there is no way to guarantee it's inclusion. So if ED were to come out and say feature X is planned but when the sim was released and it had to be removed fir whatever reason, some people would just spend their time complaining about it. It's something that has happened all through sim history, and ED do not want to make te same mistake.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Looks like we'll unfortunately not know until we hold it in our hands...

Yes thats the way it works, but you are not new here, you should know this..

... even if I don't really understand the purpose of holding back information on stuff like this.

Yes see Eddies answer, and again, you are not new here, you should know this..

These questions (why wont they TELL us) are very old and frequent, by now someone who registered five years ago and has almost 500 post should have picked this up perhaps :music_whistling:

Anyway I agree with you 100% on the importance of good AI and I hope in the final product we get as much AI improvements as possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Looks like we'll unfortunately not know until we hold it in our hands

Not necessarily, but you have to understand that the product is undergoing daily change ATM. There simply is no way that anybody can tell you what will make it in at this stage. With a little patience, the answers will be coming. Don't be fooled to think that the team is uneager to tell you what's in store.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Oh, I understand, don't get me wrong, When I ask for a little more details, I talk about features which are done, working and implemented already. As ED still plans to release 2010, more things should be in the "done"-stage than in the "maybe"-stage. So that's all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not necessarily, but you have to understand that the product is undergoing daily change ATM. There simply is no way that anybody can tell you what will make it in at this stage. With a little patience, the answers will be coming. Don't be fooled to think that the team is uneager to tell you what's in store.

O.k., thank you. Maybe I have the wrong picture of how things work in the developement process.

I'll wait and hope the best.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]