Battleground Europe WWIIMMO

71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

This is an awesome game I spent about a month playing it, and found the flying to be awesome, I only gave it away because I dont get on enough to make the monthly cost worth while. Its kinda hard in that better players have better planes than you and advance by shooting you down so you get vulched *a lot* but it is well worth playing, and when there is no air action you can do a bit of FPSing.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 4 weeks later...
What's it like? How are the planes? Is it just one huge map with a battle going on forever?

Kind of like a WWII MMO version of ARMA, planes are nice, systems are not quite as detailed as dedicated aircombat sims(mixture is auto,cowl/radiator flaps model to %50 open IIRC, Prop has 3 settings Max-Continuous-Econ,flap are default to up or down but can be setup manually for variable settings. ect) but still works pretty well.

The world is setup at campaign start at 50/50 town control you have to capture to a predetermined level (iirc 95%) for a side to win then the dev's setup an intermission for a couple of days or so then they reset the map back to start and do it over again.

is this something like battlefield? i was looking something like BF2 for a long time where u can play as army & air force

In way like BF that INF are setup in classes, more like arma with the exception that you stick with the equipment that the class you spawned as starts with(no trading equipment) you spawn as vehicles, inf doesn't man them. It's not a run and gun sort of game, playing on the ground when you first start out you will get killed by things that you had no idea they were around. cover,concealment and team work are big factors.