FC2 F/A-18 Mod

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a fictional video like any other made by a lockon community member. The Author came forward saying how he did it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

it was a fictional video like any other made by a lockon community member. The Author came forward saying how he did it.

You mean some type of story? That would make sense, but this video on the hornet seems more like a test or demonstration.

Need to know more! :D

Dont hold your breath waiting for it. you could turn purple or worse. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

http://files.lockon.ru/en/215/

Other

Варианты подвески вооружения ЛА

Нашёл на просторах интернета варианты подвески вооружения на ЛА

File Name: Podveski.rar

Date: 02.09.2010 15:27

Size: 2.39 Mb

Uploaded by: Foxtrot_1

License: Freeware - Free version, Unlimited distribution

Downloaded: 178 times

Can someone explain what this link has to do with this mod? I can't read it and it does not seem to have anything to do with an F/A-18. And how did it become the first post in this thread?

• Like 1

• ED Team
What ED's developper think about it ?

You actually can ask about author ( i think )

Kegetys

http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=65826

IMHO it's video editing .

but some part of what you see in video can be done using FC2

you need : 3D modeling skills , Lua skills , understanding of internal avionics structure and file structure .

for example: clickable cockpit easily , indication easily (including collimated HUD)( but i think static indication only , or very limited dynamic )

• Like 1
sigpic2354_5.gif

Can someone explain what this link has to do with this mod? I can't read it and it does not seem to have anything to do with an F/A-18. And how did it become the first post in this thread?

It's presentation of planes weaponry - what it can carry ect. Nothing more.

Hmm I remember the first post looked another.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

IMHO it's video editing .

Sure... :doh:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

This is totally in the realm of possibility, the code is there for it, justi need to use the ka-50 pit code as a base. I just wonder if he actually has radar, air to air, and ccrp working. Was something I could never figure out.

Doubt it's using the Ka-50 pit as a base... I don't think it works like that. Looks to me more like he wrote his own DLL, based on the MFDs.

• Like 1

Anyone notice how the rotary knobs do not utilize the scroll wheel as they should in BS? Or how the crosshair doesn't turn green over a clickable button? I don't know about this one...

Or maybe the guy didn't program the cursor to do that...that's all in lua can be done or left out.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I have no idea what the first post is about, but the "mod" on the youtube video is made by me. It is a little project I have been working on a bit for a while now (rendering a custom cockpit). Most of the actual hornet cockpit functionality is missing, wrong or incomplete including most of the mfd pages, almost all of the switches/knobs do nothing, radar, rwr, navigation etc. do not work and so on.

The cockpit is rendered and handled using a D3D hook, basically the original cockpit is hidden and another model is drawn instead. All the switch actions and mfd/hud rendering is done in the lua exports script. It doesn't use anything from Black Shark so that is why the behaviour probably is a bit different in many places. The base cockpit model is made by another guy, it is intended for ArmA 2 which is why the detail level isn't on the typical flight sim level (also my renderer doesn't at least yet handle normal- or specular maps and the FC2 lighting is not very suitable for it), though I have added some more detail in the side panels and some other switches/buttons.

I dont know if it ever will be in any kind of "complete" state, it depends on how much free time I have and how long I have interest to keep working on it. What is possible is also severely limited by what is offered by the exports interface so many systems are very difficult to get to function at all.

• Like 13

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

I have no idea what the first post is about, but the "mod" on the youtube video is made by me. It is a little project I have been working on a bit for a while now (rendering a custom cockpit). Most of the actual hornet cockpit functionality is missing, wrong or incomplete including most of the mfd pages, almost all of the switches/knobs do nothing, radar, rwr, navigation etc. do not work and so on.

The cockpit is rendered and handled using a D3D hook, basically the original cockpit is hidden and another model is drawn instead. All the switch actions and mfd/hud rendering is done in the lua exports script. It doesn't use anything from Black Shark so that is why the behaviour probably is a bit different in many places. The base cockpit model is made by another guy, it is intended for ArmA 2 which is why the detail level isn't on the typical flight sim level (also my renderer doesn't at least yet handle normal- or specular maps and the FC2 lighting is not very suitable for it), though I have added some more detail in the side panels and some other switches/buttons.

I dont know if it ever will be in any kind of "complete" state, it depends on how much free time I have and how long I have interest to keep working on it. What is possible is also severely limited by what is offered by the exports interface so many systems are very difficult to get to function at all.

Glad to hear the explanation! Looks like fantastic and exciting work. Hopefully one day we can all benefit from your knowledge. :) Rep!

Well if you lose interest, we'll take over! :) :) :) This has amazing potential and while you may see it as severely limited, it is still has many times more functionality than anyone else has been able to achieve.

Edited by SilentEagle

Oh thanks for the explanation. It's of course an enormous project for one man to create a fully functional F-18, so it would be more than enough to make it up to FC2 standard and perhaps slap the FC2 radar code onto it with A2G functionality if possible without any crazy effort. The 6DOF cockpit is awesome enough for FC2 use and we would be grateful for a flyable F-18 with an actual F-18 cockpit instead of Su-27.

Great work man!